The Brick (The Mattress Store) / refund

531 College StToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
1.65
Phone: 416-324-9997
I bought a $ 100 "Ergo" pillow at the Brick which unfortunately caused neckpain. I tried to return the pillow but the customer representative was rude and said that the Brick does not refund "personal" products. I had to ask how is it that shoe stores refund you the money on shoes that are uncomfortable. You put your feet in shoes yet the Brick customer representative decided to be rude, refused to see my shoe analogy and told me that there is no way of getting my money back for the product. I was made to feel like someone who is trying to return a piece of undergarment. I want people to know that the Brick doesn't care about its customer satisfaction. Their refund policies are not listed on their website, so I hope people who plan to buy pillows and mattresses from the Brick will think twice about it. Outrageous behaviour from this furniture giant!

Comments

Sh
  1st of Dec, 2008
THE BRICK DOES NOT GIVE CUSTOMER REFUNDS...NONE !!!
We just tried to return defective furniture after having it only 3 months...they will not give us our money back, only a store credit, and they have nothing else in their store that we like.
They should tell their customers, that they do not offer any customer satisfaction, giving customers a chance to shop at a store that CARES about the CUSTOMER !!!
Cy
  3rd of Jan, 2009
I found out that the Brick does not have a return policy on any purchases that you made at the store. It is not written any where. The salesperson whispered it to me. The customer service woman told me that the company policy is that there is no refund on any products once delivered.

On its website, it only have the following "Deposits on Special Orders are not refundable after product is shipped from the manufacturer". I also got this email from them.

"The Brick does not have a return policy. Everything that we sell has warranty in case of damage when you take possession of it, and against manufacturer's defects, but we don't have any sort of guarantee in place for when you buy something and then change your mind. In every instance, the final decision regarding possible returns or refunds would be up to the store you originally purchased from. I would urge you to contact the store directly."

So I have one purpose and that is to warn everyone who is thinking of buying anything at The Brick, BE AWARE THAT THERE IS NO RETURN. Such companies should take the proper steps to ensure that there is proper signage and CLEAR policy on returns.
  17th of Mar, 2009
just put it this way if they can;t put a toll free number to cuntacte them they are preaty cheap and no good
  17th of Mar, 2009
well ill be anes to all ho wants to bye at the brick they are making a mastake because i want to bye a matres and a box spring the manager told me a price and wan i want to go get my wife he came bake and said he made a mastake and the price was not the same as he told me they are all a bunche of liears they just want to make money and they scue you thats the way they are that way my first time and my last time
  17th of Mar, 2009
they are the worse store aver and still if they would sell there stuf for 50 cents i still wouldend bye it

The Brick Logo The Brick