The Brick / full 5yr blanket coverage &fake&

1 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I will never shop at The Brick again!!! Be warned about the Full 5 year Blanket Coverage for furniture, its nothing but a scam. Brick will not honor it because they are professional scam artists. I was also told like many others complaining on this site that i would have to pay out of my own pocket to get my sofa cleaned... "Wats the point of the warranty"... although they never mentioned that when trying to sell me it...

I will Boycott The Brick from now on and you should TOO!!!

Ri

Comments

• Bk
      2nd of Sep, 2008

PLEASE REAFY TERMS AND CONDITIONS, I AMHAPPY WITH THEIR SERVICE, IF THE FAULT NOT ON CUSTOMER SAIS, THEY ARE BEST TO GIVE SERVICE

15th of Oct, 2008

I COMPLETELY AGREE - JUST TRIED TO USE OUR COVERAGE AND IT COVERS NOTHING!!! WE PAY OUT OF POCKET TO GET IT CLEANED AND THEN "MAYBE" THE BRICK COMES TO CLEAN IT IF THAT DOESN'T WORK... WARRANTY COVERS NOTHING!

• Mo
      4th of Dec, 2008

I am in complete agreeance. To make matters worse, at the time of purchase I was shown a completely different warranty document, which outlined what damages the warranty would cover, and what would be done to resolve the issue. TURNS OUT, the document that I was shown was a complete FAKE, and now I am out of luck! It makes me SICK that this employee got away with showing me a false document and lying to my face just to get a couple extra bucks of commission! This supposedly reputable company should be ashamed of itself and the people it pays wages to.

• Jc
      8th of Mar, 2009

i agree, there warranty is a scam. i just bought a three peice set a month ago, needless to say i got the 230.00 dollar warranty. the furniture i recived is GARBAGE!!! but did you know the extend warranty (5year) is used up after a month, because i'm exchangeing for different furniture. now if i want warranty i have to buy it again for the new peices in the exchange. that is ###!!! how is that legal? especially when the manager said they would extend my warranty(scott) what a weasel, a greasy one at that!!!

• Re
      30th of Jan, 2010

The warranty covers many permanant stains! No where does it suggest they will pay for the cleaning of the sofa. The warranty suggests, if you have a stain which cannot be professional removed, at that point they will try to have the stain removed.
    People!!! Think about it! Do you honestly think they would come out once a week to clean you sofa because you were careless. YOu are going to be a hell of alot more careful if you have to pay for the intial cleaning, they only warrant after to attempt to clean.. I bought the warranty, it was quite clear to me. The warranty covers alot more than most other warrantees i have seen while I was shopping for my furniture.
    To simpson; if you bought a brand new car with purchased extended warranty, then smashed it up, you insurance would replace the car, not the extended warranty.

• Go
      23rd of Sep, 2010

5 year blanket what that scam i brougth a 7 peice bedroom set at the brick at weston rd and 401 5 year warrenty i brougth it in august of 07 their is no warrenty they dont give a [censor] my bed fell apart they dont want to fix it but they will c u in court

• Jj
      15th of Jan, 2011

People seriously. Why don't you read of ask for the terms of conditions of the warranty you are paying for. The warranty information is on their website and it clearly says that if you furniture is stained you have to get it professionally cleaned first.

• Ka
      21st of Jan, 2011

It is a big joke. When we went to the store, the sales rep. was telling us that - "nothing to worry for 5 years including wear & tear. No question will be asked and you will get the new furniture bla bla bla...We went and bought the furnitures worth of 5K and got the protection plan for $329.99 (2007). Love seat is OK but in Sofa my bum is touching the frame when I sit. Brick technician wrote the report mentioning that this is regular wear & tear-warranty doesn't cover this. wowwwww wait. how? Loveseat and sofy bought from the same store, same time and one is perfect and the other is not...also your sales rep said "no questions askes rraaraa bllaaa..." Guess what!! We got the response from saying that ..."SORRY" total BS.. NEVER EVER EVER GOTO BRICK. SALES REP will say anything and everything ...Kannan

• On
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I agree I was told that this was like a scotch guard for the furniture. That I would have to do anything. I get the furniture a cheap box of sprays. So I asked the delivery person if I get a copy of the scotch guard guarantee they have no idea what I'm talking about and told me it's a warranty and the box of sprays. So then I'm reading the box they want you to spray the furniture. Which I know will automatically void any warranty from the maufacturer on the furniture. I returned mine. to over 45 minutes to get it refunded.
    I guess this is the only thing they have that the sales people can make any money on "commission" so the salespeople push it. ANOTHER THING NOT TO PURCHASE besides anything from the Brick ever again. The other thing the sales person pushes is the "payment protection plan"
    they tell you free for a month and you can come back and cancel the next day you just have to fill out a form and sign ... we refused it then reluctantly got talked into it only because I have other business near the store. I brought the signed copy in to cancel the protection .So now I get my bill it's not even been a month (which is supposed to be for free) since I got my furniture. I'm being charged for the protection plan as well as tax on the protection. I call the protection play they say they never got a copy of the cancellation. I call the brick they give me a recipt that they faxed it. Now it's my problem. The protection plan you ask for a supervisor. This office is supposed to be in Alberta. you get a voice mail of someone speaking French and there is on option for english. Is this a SCAM or is it a SCAM now I have to get Consumer Protection or Better Business involved or get charged $30 / month for nothing.What a waste of my time...NEVER GOING TO THE BRICK AGAIN...

• Po
      3rd of May, 2011

I was also shown a completely different warranty document, which outlined what damages the warranty would cover (Pet Damage such as clawing), and what would be done to resolve the issue. When I called to get the light damage repaired, which was outlined in the FAKE document, I was told that this was not covered. We I asked for them to give back the money for the fraudulant warranty, they have stated that this cannot be done once the merchandise is delivered. The delivery of a simple kitchen set took over 2 months by the way! Plus, the quality is far less than expected, very flimsy.

• Va
      9th of May, 2011

That is not true. The brick has never covered animal scratching, it covers rips from sewing defecs in fabric and complete rips and tears as well as even burns in a leather sofa. If you're dogs scratches or eats your sofa it is not covered, obviously as is right on the paper. I had my couch replaced no problem with in 3 days because of a rip. I also had the extended warranty on my t.v and I didn't ever have a problem with it, so I got my money spent on the warranty back as a store credit. I went and used on on a tempurpedic pillow and Some accessorys.

• Va
      9th of May, 2011

I know several people who used the payment protection plan after being laid off fom there automotive factory job during the reccession. Their payments were covered for like a year or something, they were very happy to have it. You can't complain about something you purchased and didn't read the information. The Brick sales people aren't scamming you . I know a person who's kid spilled her nailpolish on her new sofa and the brick replaced it for her.

• Na
      14th of Jul, 2011

All of these complaints could have been avoided. As consumers you have to be more careful of what you are buying especially when there is small print involved. The Brick makes it very clear that you have to clean the furniture first it's stain warranty not a cleaning service. Also using the spray box does not void the warranty as The Brick takes over the manufacturers warranty so that you don't have to deal with the manufacturer which you would not want to do seeing as they are in a large part over seas. Smarten up and ask more questions. If you don't like the answers you are getting or not getting then ask to speak to someone that has been there a long time. Just because they are paid commission does not mean they are out to get you. They are just working like the rest of us. Lastly they have to follow you around it's part of their job so be nice because remember you are in their store. They don't come to your work to dawdle around making non committal noises and then leave without so much as a smile just because you were trying to do your job. Your Karma is watching ;)

• Jl
      2nd of Feb, 2015

The Brick are a bunch of Con-Artists. We got the master surface coverage, sold on the fact that if we had an accidental stain, they would replace the cushion. we now have an accidental stain and they are saying it doesn't count because of the type of stain it is. I get that you should read the fine print, however, if the sales person tells you they will cover any accidental stain, some blame should be attributed to the brick for misleading to get sales. Some people actually still trust others.. shameful..i know.

• B0
      4th of Nov, 2015

OMG... after reading all this... i think i will stay away from purchasing from the brick ever again... i have a problem with my matress (its getting warped and bumps in places that wont settle down), also my leather (not bonded) sofa has a foam inside the leather and it is all warped and weird... on the part that reclignes... i want to talk to warranty... becuz i bought the 5 year protection, but should i even bother with the stress?... everyone seens to be getting a boot in the ### when they try to get their stuff fixed.. Urg this makes me so mad