Texas Direct Auto / Stole $500.00 For car never accepted.

1 1915 HW90 A (South Main)Missouri City, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-499-8200

I saw a car on ebay and it was a great deal! or so I thought!!! In the pictures the car was extremely clean and looked like brand new! The description stated "Perfect Example of a one owner Yukon"... I gave them the $500.00 deposit they requestesd to end the auction, and scheduled to come and finish the paperwork and testdrive the car. My first impreassion of the car was, Your kidding right!!! The car was in horrible shape, all sorts of damages and such. Examples: the paint was in bad shape, it had swirl marks all over it, like it had benn over buffed, the mirrors didn't match, all the plastic inside the car was cracked and broken, rear bumper was cracked, backup sensors didn't work, Y on the leftside of the car was missing from the word Yukon, DVD system was cracked and not working, seat arm screw covers missing, and lots more... I told them I didn't want tyhe car as they had fooled me with the pictures, and they stated they hadn't and they wouldn't give me a refund. Anyways the story goes on and on... Just beware of these guys as the are seasoned scam artist who know how to manipulate the system and sell crappy cars for more than they are worth. Thanks

Mi

Comments

• Rx
      23rd of Jul, 2009

My wife and I wanted to trade our 5-spd vehicle for an automatic. We went to Texas Direct Auto (TDA) on Fri 7/17/09 and after visual inspection of three vehicles decided to get a 2003 VW Passat.

The trade-in value for our 2005 Kia Sorento was only $5000, but we decided to go ahead and put down a $500 deposit, thinking that we would be given time to consider the offer. We left the dealership with our Kia and a payout agreement (but no Passat).

Over the weekend, I decided that we were going to lose too much money on the trade. So on Mon (7/21/09) I sent TDA an email asking for refund of the $500 deposit. The salesman reminded me that before they charged my debit card, he mentioned that the deposit was non-refundable. While it is true that he said this, I countered that:

1. There is nothing on the main page or subsequent pages that explains the deposit is non-refundable.
    2. The only paperwork we received was a one-page summary of the purchase. It basically showed us how much we needed to pay to take delivery of the Passat. However, nowhere on the document does it say that the deposit is non-refundable. [See attached PDF file]
    3. We didn't sign any documents.

In his email reply, the salesman said that on the detailed listing page for the Passat, it does state that the deposit is non-refundable. This is true, but the statement is buried deep in the page. This basically amounts to fine print on legal documents that most people don't read.

The bottom line is that TDA is not providing customers with all the information they need to make a smart purchase decision. TDA is not open and transparent in its advertisements and is relaying on "fine print" practices to deceive and, in my opinion, illegally bilk customers out of money.

Additional Information
    A. TDA main website is here: www.texasdirectauto.com

Nowhere on the main page does it mention that the $500 deposit is non-refundable.

B. TDA main listing page is reached by clicking on the picture of the office and/or vehicles.

Nowhere on the main listing page does it even mention that a $500 deposit is required.

C. Clicking on a vehicle in the main listing page takes you to the vehicle specifications/information page. Below the "Buy Now" price is a link that explains the $500 deposit, but when you click on the link, there's nothing that states the deposit is non-refundable. You have to scroll down to almost the very end to finally get any information about the $500 deposit.

2nd of Nov, 2010

Texas Direct Auto

12053 SW Freeway

Stafford, Texas 77477

On October 28, 2010, I and my husband went to Texas Auto Direct in Stafford, Texas to purchase 2005 Hummer H2. We saw the Hummer H2 online at Ebay and we called Texas Direct Auto and spoke with salesman Mr. Darren Deshay and we expressed our interested in this vehicle. We were told by Mr. Deshay in order to reserve this vehicle, we would have to put a $ 500.00 deposit down to hold this vehicle. He also stated that we were not happy with the vehicle or it did not agree as advertised on Ebay we would receive our $ 500.00 deposit back. We agree to the $ 500.00 deposit and the vehicle matching the advertisement stated online. The $ 500.00 was paid with our debit card on Saturday, October 23, 2010.

My husband and I went (October 28, 2010) We waited at the dealership for 30 minutes before the Hummer H2 was brought to us for a test drive and to inspect it. Upon inspecting the vehicle, we noticed several things wrong with this vehicle. Listed below are some of the things we noticed wrong on the vehicle.

§ driver side door panel had a two holes in it

§ three cigarette lighters were missing

§ oil on the engine

§ white paint stains on the outside of the vehicle

§ vehicle not cleaned

§ missing a side panel on the side walls of the vehicle

§ and many other areas that needed to be address

We feel Mr. Deshay was very untruthful about the Hummer H2 listed online at Ebay. He lied to us over the telephone about the Hummer H2. He just wanted to make a sell and receives our money for this vehicle. This is false advertisement! we do not receive our deposit .we will be going online telling others customers about this company false advertisement and to beware of this company. We are very disappointed in this incident and I DO NOT want Texas Auto Direct to repair this vehicle for us. We have lost ALL trust and faith with this company and all we want from Texas Auto Direct is our deposit for the amount of $ 500.00.

The Manager and the Salesman were very rude and we would hope they do not treat other customers in this manner. My husband and I DO NOT want to do business with a company that is dishonest, scam and disrespect to their customers. We Want everbody be aware they are NOT TO BE TRUST...

• Ap
      28th of Jun, 2011

Thanks all of you so much. I almost dealt with them. You all saved me.

• To
      29th of Oct, 2011

Always get it in writing what a salesman tell you. ie deposit is refundable. Normally a deposit is not refundable unless a buyer is lied to. Take them to small claims court.