Tate's Natural Miracle ConditionerTelemarketing calls that won't stop

This company is so slimy it's unbelievable. They have been harassing our company for two years with their telemarketing calls. We have made requests on the phone, via e - mail and via letter to place us on their do - not - call list; we have filed a complaint with the ohio attorney general's office and the better business bureau. They do not care. I know this is how they operate because there are similar complaints filed with the bbb. The only way to stop them is through a class - action suit which i would be willing to do if others are interested.

More Tate's Natural Miracle Conditioner Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cc
      Nov 09, 2009

Oh my god, they are relentless. . i recently sent another email demanding they stop harrassing us.

they would talk to un-authorised employees to try to get them to make an order (go over my head) ie. "tell us how much of our stuff is on the shelf so we can fill shelf" after numeriously telling them that i had no longer wished to carry their products.

got called 4 times in ONE day. each time telling them, we do not wish to carry their line and please remove from list. and put on DO NOT CALL LIST. . . on the last call I told them "if you dont cease ill contactthe police and file formal phone harrassment charges"

the woman then proceded to say "well before you do that, have you considered our multi case special deal" incredulous I just hung out on her.

they are almost comical. I gave their line a try. . it didnt work and they relentlessly harrassed us. DO NOT DEAL WITH!!! EXTREMELY SHADY

Another business owner pal of mine said they had even gotten the managers home number and started calling there!

Feb 17, 2011
    Best Best Advice

i used to work for them...its out of this guys house in willoughby ohio..he said if someone says "no" they just go to the bottom of the list, there is no do not call list

• Kr
      Mar 01, 2012

I work for a health food store in Orlando and we haven't sold their product in 5+ years yet still receive almost weekly calls from them. Sent a cease and desist letter from our lawyer they continue to call. They claim they have received coupons from us, or check your shelf is it time to reorder, both lies to try and receive an order. Never, never order their products you will never stop being harassed.

• Na
      Jul 21, 2012

All of the above is true! I manage the H&B dept. at a small health food store in Connecticut and they are harassing us weekly for a bill that we already paid! Then someone else will call the same day and ask if we're low on anything :/ Also be aware that there is another company with the same type of products using the same address called Kathy's Family. The same woman that calls from Tate's, her name is "Tina", called me from Kathy's Family and that's when I realized the connection. Stay away from these companies!

• Ca
      Dec 19, 2012

Awful company that harasses us consistently. We have asked numerous times over 5+ years to have our name taken off of their list. In fact, they once sent us a case of their product with a bill included to be paid. Needless to say, we made them pay to have it picked up and shipped back. ###

Jan 18, 2013

I Called this company asking how there was no color to their product since they list ingredients like, blueberry, strawberry, etc. The woman I spoke with was very pleasant but had no answer even though she said they made the product right there. Then they had a promotion if you sent your recent they would send a bottle to a friend, etc. They never made good on that AND looking at the fine print the 'bottle' they spoke of was NOT the full size or even a decent sample size anyway. I tend to think this co. is all sizzle and no steak(that they are not truthful) and that their product comes from another source and is NOT organic or 'natural'. I still like the product, but, now I buy what looks just like their product and sells wholesale and will give you your own label (which is probably what Tates does). I no longer trust this company after my interaction with them . They charge $25 for a small bottle while I can purchase this 'same' product for less than $10/gallon. BEWARE...don't get hoodwinked. Doesn't feel Christian to me.

• Na
      Jan 25, 2013

Hi there, I really need help. I have ordered products from the Tates a while ago ( 1 gallon of shampp and 1 gallon of conditioner), gave out my credit card number to a guy who works there name Steve, asking him to send me an official receipt of my payment of order which was 159 $ . Few days i cant reach anyone there nor they give me out tracking number of my parcel. I have never had any problems ordering anything from other companies and this is the first case i faced.I do not know what to do and all online things i tried out. I sent them about 10 emails requesting the confirmation of my payment ( that they charged me 159 dollars which they told me they did) and also they are not sending me my tracking number . My fear is the credit card, if i gave it away to those guys and they even cant simply send me a receipt for my payment fo rso many days, what trust and further business we can talk about?!!! Anybody knows their manager contacts or anyone in their sense to respond my request. Thank you

• Fa
      Feb 07, 2013

@ not believing: what "same" product did you find that was $10 per gallon? I agree the ingredients list for Tates is likely misleading, but I must say that I like the results (especially since I have sensitive skin). If Tates is just re-labelling a generic bulk brand, I'd be happy to just buy a bottle of the bulk.

• Je
      Sep 18, 2019

@fancypants240 I read on another site where they researched this company and some commented who used to work at Tate’s & said that they buy the products from Sally’s Beauty Supply and just refill their bottles. Sure enough I looked on Sally’s website and they sell shampoo by the gallon for $9-$10.

• Tr
      Jun 18, 2013

How to get off Tate's call list: 1) Tell them that their label is NOT FDA-compliant and that you will need a list of true ingredients in order to not file a complaint with the FDA. 2) Ask them if they have product liability insurance.

P.S. If anyone out there has a name for the similar/same product provider, I would be grateful to receive it.

• Pr
      Jun 18, 2013

I'm seconding and thirding the last two posts. I feel like a fool liking this product because there's no way their ingredients list is correct. Too bad their business is so clouded in secrecy, deception and bad business, because this is a good conditioner (as well as Kathy's Healing Lotion). Would love to get the whole story if anyone knows.

Jun 28, 2013

The shampoo and conditioner are repackaged. You can buy them a Sally's Beauty Supply for pennies on the dollar. The shampoo is Naturelle Hypo-Allergenic Shampoo $ 8.99 for 15 oz and the conditioner is Cure Care is $8.59 for a GALLON! I used Tates and now this. Exactly the same! Stop giving your money to a liar!

• Xt
      Jul 02, 2013

The company is a SCAM, the product from Sally's
    The above person mentioned is EXACTLY what
    Tate's is and there's nothing "all natural" about it.
    There is no Tate family, there is no Kathy's family
    There is a shady business man with a cute story
    And no conscience who feeds on good people. Sadly no one has the monetary means
    To end his nonsense.

• Ha
      Sep 04, 2013

They also hire kids to work late hours and don't pay the kids. How can this place be shut down??

• To
      Sep 09, 2013

Thanks for listing the real stuff. Had the same experience with relentless calls 3 times a month about 3 years ago and when I finally screamed, I mean, SCREAMED at the woman on the phone, I stopped getting called. Probably made her quit, poor thing. I'm off to Sally's. Class action sounds appealing because the Tate guy is so annoying and deserves to be slapped, but I think the internet and comments like ours will eventually do him in.
    Cheers!

• Je
      Oct 27, 2013

I used to work here. Literally their products are bought from Walmart, then relabeled as "all natural" and sold under the Tate's or Kathy's name. There's no Tate family, and the "secret recipes" can all be bought at Sally's or Walmart.

• Fo
      Dec 12, 2013

These ### need to go out of business. Never, ever order from them or accept their incessant phone calls. I have NEVER come across a company with less ethics. They will also eventually kill someone if they are reselling products with incorrect labels. Everybody keep complaining. I would call them 10 times a day if I had the time just to tie up their phone lines.

• Mr
      Feb 11, 2014

Thanks everyone! I've since stopped using the Tate's conditioner as now I have no idea what it is made of. Very good point - How is it colourless, as listed in the ingredients are Apples, Strawberries, Rose, Oranges, Clove, Ginger, Pineapple, Cranberries, Blueberries, Geranium, Raspberries, Blackberries, Celery, Boysenberries, Orchid, Coconut, Papaya, Marigold, Hazel Nut, Pine Needles, Oak Bark, Chamomile, Nutmeg, Calendula, Jasmine, Lemons, Parsley, Thyme, Eucalyptus, Cherry Bark, Passion Flower, Cinnamon.
    I have also purchased their toothpaste and find it wonderful. Is this repackaged from another brand too?

Mar 26, 2014

I can see that Steve, the man who lives in MO and distributes Tate's and Kathy's is a d-bag. Research on him was very enlightening. My question is about Kathy Swanson of Kathy's family. Are they in it together? Her website and FB pages look legit. Or did she simply get scammed by Steve and his slimy company and now regrets him being her distributor? I see that her company (supposedly located in MA) is now franchising, so this is an important question. I have never used Tate's, but the Kathy's miracle lotion is the only thing that works for my rosacea. If it is a re-label, I need to find the REAL product. From what I can tell by research, it is NOT the same product as Tate's conditioner. People say they look alike, but smell and work differently. I am really confused. Can anyone help? This guy Steve needs to be taken down, but I am hoping there really is a Kathy's family that hand mixes natural products in MA.

Mar 26, 2014

After more research, hnere is what I found. Kathy Swanson started Kathy's family in MA in 2002. It was listed as a multimillion dollar pharmaceutical/beauty sales company and was located on 25 acres with a gorgeous home. It's patent was cancelled. Then she changed names (prob due to divorce) and moved to OH in 2011, very close to where Steve Divincenzo . lives and works. Her new name is Kathy Stanley-Hogan and she re=patented her company under the name of Kathy's Family- Good Honest Products and People, located in a seedy storefront with sales listed at $46, 000. She also works for a company that re-packages and distributes products, which in light of the complaints against Steve (who also distributes Tate's products as well as Kathy's family) seems sketchy. Their company phone numbers are the same. Apparently she was raised in the area.

I remember buying the healing lotion years ago and later it was in a different bottle and wasn't as good. Perhaps at one time in MA, they did make the homemade product, and after their fall got desperate. She has moved around a lot and they have a terrible record in customer service. I find it hard to believe she is still making this stuff from scratch.

Mar 26, 2014

It's also possible that in her heyday, she sold the formulas to Sally's, went under and now buys Sally's product and repackages it herself. But the new lotion, while good, is not as great as what it used to be. My problem is that she is now on Facebook posing as a small, grassroots operation that needs our help to grow. And she is trying to recruit "franchises", where people cold call small health food stores, get them to agree to "free samples" and then Kathy and Steve ship the product. They get their money from the franchisers and screw the customer, leaving the franchiser to take the heat.

• Co
      Jul 05, 2014

Comments state that products with the same ingredients are available at Sally's Beauty Supply. I do not see anything similar on the Sally's web page? Any suggestions?

• Be
      Jul 25, 2014

I, too have been targeted by Tates! I am a licensed massage therapist in NY and received a phone call asking me if I would like a "sample" that it would be a great all natural massage cream. A few days later the sample came, it was 2 huge full sized bottles of their miracle conditioner with an invoice for $45! I have used the product for a few months now (for personal use, as it is NOT a massage cream what so ever) and just received my 2nd phone call from the company.. Which led me to check them out here... She called to collect money for the invoice and when I explained that it was presented to me as a sample things started to get really fishy.
    After doing some investigation, I believe this is the product believed to sold at Sally's Beauty Supply. This is so sad, I hope something can be done about this misleading company!! How deceiving can one be!!??
    http://www.sallybeauty.com/Hair-Skin-Conditioner/SBS-442010, default, pd.html

Nov 05, 2014

i work for a small organic grocery store in columbus, ohio. they have been harassing my employees for 2 years now. they claim we ordered something over the phone and it was signed for by a staff member named "ford". i had her send me proof. what she faxed me was not even an invoice. it was notes she took down. I'm going forward with lawsuit. if anyone wants in, e-mail me at [protected]@gmail.com

Nov 05, 2014

oh, actually at the beginning of this thread is a complaint from a co-worker from 2009. five years.

• Ju
      Nov 15, 2014

Anyone who buys anything from this company is wasting their money. He charges their credit cards when he needs money. Also he cheats his employees out of money and also sends notes to them asking for sex. He does by products from cheap stores and repackages them under Tates and yes he does my the lotion from sallys beauty supply, this also goes for Kathys Family products.
    This place needs to be investigated by the news where they just come in and start taping and he the owner would be hiding behind close doors.

• Pa
      Feb 04, 2019

I use the stuff and it seems pretty good to me.