TAPSCON / TAPSCON 2009

1 Clearwater, FL, United States Review updated:

Brent Fair sold tickets for TAPSCON 2009 while in dispute with the hotel he was having the event at. I paid over 500.00 for tickets plus non-refundable airfare and it was just posted this month that the event has been postponed. The new date will be in 2010.This man has had my money since June of 2008. He first stated that no refund would be given but now states he will try and refund some of the money after May 15th 2009 when the new date is announced. How can someone keep your money this long when they are not even having the event that you first bought tickets for. I do not live in Florida, I've lost my air plane tickets and I can't afford to go again. He's going to try and refund my money, how about if he refunds it with interest along with my airfare.

More TAPSCON Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ba
  17th of Mar, 2009

I also bought tickets to Tapscon, and when I submitted my request for a refund the website page went blank with a small word up to the left corner, 'redirect'. So I'm not sure they even got my request to be refunded.

I hadn't bought plane tickets as yet but was about to when I happened on the website explaining the event was cancelled.
As a ticketholder I would have expected to be notified by mail or email, not to have found the information as a matter of my own research on the internet. What if I had actually flown out there? The hotel would have told me I had no room, we would have taken off time from work, and the plane tickets would be money down the drain, not to mention I'd have to purchase rooms, hopefully these would be available.
I'm pretty depressed about it.

It
  22nd of Mar, 2009

I guess we're not covered by our credit cards or paypal on a refund from Tapscon?

Mo
  22nd of Mar, 2009

I would make a complaint with the Florida Dept of Consumer Protection, PayPal and my Credit Card.

Da
  30th of Apr, 2009

No, it is too late to go to paypal - that is what Mr. Brent Fair does. He waits until it is too late to get a refund from paypal. This is not the only event that he has done this scam. Check out www.scifake.com for a lot of info on this guy. Also, the consumer protection has done nothing, either has the Sheriffs office. File a complaint to the State Attorneys Office at www.myfloridalegal.com - There are many more ticket holders out there that may not even be aware that he has "postponed" this event.

Jd
  21st of May, 2009

My mom and I also purchased TAPSCON tickets. Unfortunately we also bought plane tickets and a rental car. We luckily have friends that live in Florida so we weren't completely screwed. As for my moms 500+ dollars? Well I hope we get a refund because we are not made of money. If anyone who has been frauded has any information please e-mail me. My mom is at her wits end thinking about this. JDChaos211@aol.com and please make your subject line TAPSCON Fraud. Thank you, and I'm real sorry for everyone going through this, I know how much it sucks.

Va
  9th of Jun, 2009

We bought tickets for tapscon2 early in July. When he announced his problems and declared he would find a new venue, I was all for it. Thinking he would have the same events and guests as previously promised. I mean that was why we bought tickets right? Then he posts the new location a year+ from now. None of the guests are "on board" for the new event. Heck, the hotel isn't even booked for the new dates! I emailed him to ask about this on May 17th, to this day he still has not replied. So on May 21 I put in for a refund on his site, again I emailed him. Still no reply from that either.

28th of Jun, 2009

TAPSCON 2 Victims need to call our main number at 727-464-6200 and request that a complaint form be mailed to them. Theyll need to fill out the form and return it along with any documentation that they have.If they file the online form, it just delays the process.
Investigator Rick Adkins
Pinellas County Government
Department of Justice & Consumer Services
15251 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 209
Clearwater, FL 33760
Office: 727-464-6459
radkins@co.pinellas.fl.us
Fax: 727-464-6129"

I called this investigator on Friday. You need to get the paperwork and proof in to the Department of Justice so we can get Brent Fair and make him pay!

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx (Internet Crimes Bureau...don't forget to put his name BRENT FAIR on there as well as TAPSCON 2009)

(Dateline NBC story ideas. I put a very short explaination on there. Don't use too much emotion right off the bat; many times they just want the facts that you are not getting your money back. That's what I've seen in the past with other stories in print, TV, etc. Also do not forget to use his name BRENT FAIR/TAPSCON2009)

(the story I just found that local news did on this)

Please keep in touch with me about this. I'd like to get this guy. I"m out $614.00 for an Odyssey Hunt that was NEVER planned. He simply made up the webpage and sold the tickets. The Biltmore had no intention of having this Hunt. Apparently, Mr. Fair never even got that far.

The band from last year sued him too, and won because he, and his girlfriend and fellow planner, Nancy Planeta, never showed up to Civil Court in Pinellas County. Search for the Civil Courts of Pinellas County and enter FAIR, BRENT and you will find it.

Mimi

Ug
  19th of Oct, 2009

guess you all got ###ed huh that will teach you to do money transaction by credit card

20th of Oct, 2009

We had to perform this transaction by credit card. Anyone can take the money, even while using "plastic."

Next time, research what you are saying before you say it. Many of these people spend hundreds of dollars to go for a vacation; convention; hotel stay, and the guy ran off with their money. I certainly hope it never happens to you (but, it probably will with your nasty attitude).

And who the hell are you to say anything about anyone? Get off this board, stop wasting my time with stupid comments. I want the real victims to read this.

Ki
  11th of Dec, 2009

I requested my refund back in May 2009-not realizing the event was cancelled until the day before. I still have not heard a word about a refund. I contacted TAPS and they disavow any connection and won't help. Has anyone gotten their refund yet?

Kim

Clearwater, FL 33760
Office: 727-464-6459
radkins@co.pinellas.fl.us
Fax: 727-464-6129"

Regarding your involvement in this Tapscon scam.

I've already written to TAPS many times, and yes, they disavow any connection, but the simple fact is: Brett worked on their show, they allowed Brett to use their images on the website, and they showed up (with renumeration) to the first TAPSCON. They are keeping their distance, however, I have things printed that shows that Brett, Jason and Grant were heavily involved together with the show and other things regarding conventions. BTW: check out Odyssey Star Productions, which is Brett's company. The TAPS group is still allowing their members to be involved in the conventions. It's all BS...they are involved, and Brett has all our money.

Please contact the above investigator...they need all the victims to contact him
Mimi