Swivel Sweeper / Do not recommend to buy anything from this company!

My complaint is that the plastic glides on the bottom of the Swivel Sweeper has badly marred the finish on our hickory floor! It will not even buff out!

Another problem is, after ordering from their toll free number, they misspelled my last name, which really came in handy. It identified them as the people that sold my information to to advertisers. We have been flooded with junk mail and phone calls all asking for Mr. Olsef, which was the misspelled name (Olsen) on my order.

Also, I was told the final charge for the sweeper with shipping was $14.95 less than I was actually charged. They led me to believe the shipping and handling was $14.95 for both units. I was actually charged twice that amount. I don't recommend purchasing anything from this company.

More Swivel Sweeper Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ga
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I agree. I actually found mine here http://offerstuff.net/offers/Other_Offers/Swivel_Sweeper.html and then ordered it. I got it home and used it and within a week it scratched my floor too. What am I supposed to do?

• Fl
      4th of Nov, 2009

My mom ordered the swivel sweeper (buy one, get one free for $19.95). When she received her order, she was taken aback by the charges and additional items listed on the invoice that she did not order, batteries, filters, gliders, etc. They charged her credit card $212. for merchandise shipped and an additional $98. shipping & handling for a box that weighed about 5lbs. The box had a total of 13 pcs shipped; when we questioned why the s/h was so high for a package that was shipped regular by the US postal service, the representive told us that it is the company's policy to charge shipping and handling on each of the individual items in that one package, mind you, she only received one package but was charged shipping and handling on every item in that package. That is absurd! Then the rep said she would be willing to take $10.00 off the order if that would make us feel better. Talk about adding fuel to a fire...how can company's get away with this crap? We didn't get a chance to actually try the item out because we couldn't get past the bill. We are returning everything.

16th of Jan, 2010

You are lucky. They ripped me off for $634.59!

• Bu
      22nd of Jan, 2010

I was flim flammed by this conn job set up too. They need to be sued. You would think lawyers would have people cruising these complaint forums looking for stuations like this. I for one will keep my online transactions to a minimum. As long as these scamsites are aloud to flourish even the good sites will suffer.

• Gd
      2nd of Feb, 2010
    Swivel Sweeper - 2 for 1 but with a 67.98 s/h
    Swivel Sweeper
    getswivelsweeperg2.com

I went online to order and did not complete the final page for payment or finalize order. Their own add says that you pay 2 payments of 19.99 with 14.99 p/h per sweeper shiped. My total for shipping should have been (rounded off) 30.00, instead they tried to charge me 67.98. And to boot, I received and email in 1 minute that they would charge my CC. I did not even complete the info. I had to call back 4 times to only hear, "Oh its to late now we have shipped." I told them I was refusing the shipment and they said that would be fine and I would see a credit on my card. We will see. How can they charge you if you do not complete the form??????

• Sc
      14th of Jul, 2010

I didn't have the ordering problems others here had, but I thought the product was inferior. I bought the Swivel Sweeper because the informercial showed that it cleaned both hard and carpeted surfaces. It does okay on the carpets, but I had hoped for something that could pick up dust bunnies (we have two cats and a dog) and it doesn't do that well at all.

Silly me, I trusted them and bought two. Don't do this! I might as well have started a bonfire with my money.

14th of Aug, 2010

My neighbor ordered BOGO deal for $39.98 and was charged $39.98 for SHIPPING!!! Then they sent her another two, which she didn't order, and billed her another $39.98 x 2. She now has an outstanding bill of $202 for these pieces of crap. The batteries die quickly, and they can't be repaired. They lose power and efficiency even faster, she complains. They are threatening her, although she has tried to reason with them. DDDOOO NNNOOOTTT BBBUUUYYY!!!

• Id
      21st of Apr, 2011

I also ordered the swivel sweeper which came with a free mini sweeper for $39.98. I was to also get a free swivel sweeper and mini sweeper. I ordered a extra battery for $14.99. Boy was I surprised when my order arrived and my billing statement was for $54.97 plus $35.97 S/H for a total of $90.94. The sad part was that the sweeper didn't clean as advertised on TV and the batteries never held up long enough to even clean one room. Now I have 2 swivel sweepers, 2 chargers and 3 batteries and none of them work.

• Sc
      21st of Apr, 2011

I feel your pain! I also have 2 swivel sweepers that are gathering dust. The telemarketers should be punished somehow for having bogus demonstrations.