Subway, Brooklyn, NY / refused to change my money back

1 5114 Kings PlzBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-677-1060

Last Sunday, I paid $20.56 bought a tuna sandwich and a bottle of orange juice for $9.56 (included tax) at New York’s Kings Plaza Mall, and then I tried to find my seat to put down my sandwich first. Then when I came back to get my change, the cashier refused to change the $11 back to me. Does anyone know what she told me when I asked for me change? She said she cannot change $11 back to me. She said she changed for me already. But I never get it. How can this happen?. The seat is 2 meters away and I just tried to put my sandwich first since there was too crowd. But she refused to give me back my change. and she asked me to call back next day after counting the cash. Does anyone agree phone call is the good way to solve an argument?

Does anyone know what she meant by call back tomorrow? I know because I worked as a customer service representative. Usually, when a manager asked you to call back next day means ask you to get out. This is the skill to solve the problem or argument. I am truly understand why she asked me to call back. 1). When you argue with her, you bother other customers, so some customer will leave.as a result, the company made lesser money. 2). As a manager, if employee or customer complain, he/she would not report to the supervisor because it may affect the promotion or sometime even being fired, that’s why when the security guard want to check the camera, she said nothing, she scared.

And then next day, I tried to file a complaint twice, and asked them to send a gift card for me, because I believe issuing gift card is the best way to prevent a company losing the money they earned before. But by now I have never got any response nor got my cash back.

Hello, all Subway restaurant managers and customer service representatives, I’ve made purchase in www.drugstore.com and www.newegg.com their customer service representatives offer individual credit discount for me. Why you cannot just consider offering discount for a 12 years royal customer?

Comments

• Li
      5th of Dec, 2010

If they handed out money to everyone who complained that they didn't receive their change, they would go broke in record time. The reason for the phone call is to allow them time to count their cash drawer and ensure that a mistake was made. So in answer to your question, yes, I think a phone call is a good solution to the problem.

• Ba
      5th of Dec, 2010

WHY in the world would you walk away without getting your change first? Seriously! Common sense poeple--common sense!!!

• Ki
      21st of Dec, 2010

Dude, I have to say, if a shift ends at 11 and its 10:55 I really doubt you're going to get there in time meaning the workers have to stay late. He should not have been so rude, but don't call him lazy. You're not supposed to keep a restaurant open for who knows how long just so someone can pick up a sandwich they could have ordered 20 minues earlier.

• Ki
      21st of Dec, 2010

i did not mean to put that comment on here and i dont know how to delete it, sorry

• Je
      16th of Jun, 2016

I work in the mall and frequent this subway at least a couple of times a week.
    Today, their credit card machine was down and unfortunately I didn't have any cash. I asked the lady if I can pay her tomorrow since I was going to be there again. She knows me and services me all the time. She rudely refused
    and told me to leave. I will not eat at a subway rest again bec of a stupid, uneducated woman- which she said she didn't care.