Stonebridge Life Insurance / Death Benefits Not Paid

1 NV, United States Review updated:

My mother purchased two small life insurance policies while working at JC Penneys about twenty years ago and they were sold to Stonebridge Life Insurance. We had to recently put our mother in a nursing home and due to the high cost of the home had to inquire about possibly surrendering her life insurance policies with Stonebridge. We called them in early November, 2008 and were told we would need to fax them a letter requesting the forms to surrender her policy. Unfortunately our mother passed away on 11/30/08. When the funeral home contacted Stonebridge about her life ins. they were told it was surrendered. We had not heard a word from Stonebridge nor did they send the forms until they heard she had passed away and they quickly started the procedure to surrender her policy. We are not talking about alot of money but it is the principle that our Mother paid this policy religiously and for them to pull this stunt is unthinkable. They are trying to tell us that all you have to do is send a fax with the policy number and signature and they will surrender the policy. Did you ever do anything with an insurance company that did not involve alot of paperwork? I would not buy a thing from Stonebridge and would encourage any consumer not to do so either. She had a small policy with Prudential Life Insurance and we faxed the same letter to them and they sent forms but since the forms were never sent in we will be paid the death benefits - seems maybe they are more reputable than Stonebridge Life Insurance. Please do not buy anything from Stonebridge - they are not to be trusted and are very rude to deal with

Ma

Comments

Jo
  28th of Jan, 2009

I do not know out of which office this policy you speak of was serviced out of, however as a former employee please e-mail the Vice President of the Exton PA office Brian Smith at bsmith@aegonusa.com. The local number is 610-648-5000. He is a bit pompus, but should escallate it enough to get resolution. They are preaching first call resolution, this one should do it for you. good luck.

Da
  1st of Jul, 2009

These jerks have been spamming me with phone calls for the past month. They call twice a day, and if you pick up the receiver to tell them to take you off their list (which I shouldn't have to do, since I'm on the "do not call" list), it's a recorded message saying that all their operators are busy, and to call back later. And they called me! This is so obviously a scam, it's not even funny.