Star Health & Allied Insurance Comany Ltd / Poor service!

1 India Review updated:

I took travel insurance with STAR Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited and right when the policies were delivered found "dental cover" missing as against their own pamphlet claim. They made up by issuing an addendum.
When crown of my tooth came off and I e-mailed, I was not given a complaint number but was asked to submit all papers to make the claim and wait for their decision! This was the most dishonest response that I could expect, for the doctor's office charged additionally for filling insurance papers which would be additional burden on my pocket with a dodgy insurer I had trusted. Even on posing these facts, their AGM requested me to wait for a day to get a fitting reply but even after 10 days and 3 reminders continues to shelter in silence. This company is out to take customers for granted!

Comments

He
  14th of May, 2010

i was admitted in the hospital, and was being discharged at night .. All the papers were sent to them in the morning, despite of the fact they sent the approval to the hospital at night around 8 pm .
I called them almost 35 times and right now i have submiited my post medical papers its been already 5 months, not got the claim as yet .
AM badly trapped with this company .
Please dont take medical policies from them .

Go
  19th of May, 2010

Hi Heenav,
Have your policy was with Star. I am looking forward some reputed medical insurance company to take medi-claim policy for my parents. If star is not good, can you suggest me pls.

Thanks