Standard Trust / Scam award check

1 509 N. Broad StWoodbury, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 647-831-9531

They sent me a check which looks authentic. It is for $4, 920.00. I have the FINAL NOTICE OF UNCLAIMED WINNING Claim # NW 723-559E. I "won" 250, 000.00. Signed by Beatrice Berry, Vice President Finance. Envelope with no return address. I can send you the document if you are interested. Should I file this with any authorities?

Comments

• To
      31st of Mar, 2009

We've received the same notice !
    Kinda cool that they sent the same amount to us and we won the same amount. Maybe, if their is enough winners, we can pool our money together and help bail out AIG ! ! ! LoL

• Kr
      9th of Apr, 2009

Hello, I just got the same identical letter in mail today! I knew something was wrong when I saw that the envelope had no return address listed. There was no available to answer the phone when I called the number listed at all!!! I don't why people waste their time and other people's time doing silly things like this. I'm just glad that I was wise enough to check things out before becoming a big loser to scammers!!!

• Jn
      15th of Apr, 2009

Hello, I just got a check for $3920.00. I called the number on the letter and ask for more information where I can make sure that it wasn't a scam. The man hung up on me. I called him back and said that my phone disconnected us and he said that it wasn't my phone that he hung up on me!!!

He said very rudly that if I don't want the money then just rip up the check.