Standard Trust / Lotto 649 winnings

My husband got this letter in the mail today - I thought it was maybe from some contest he entered online. He thought it sounded fishy. I told him to call and check it out - the check looked very official. He tried calling the number and got a message saying that the mailbox was full and could not accept any more messages. I got on the internet and searched "LOTTO 649" and found this site. I am so glad I did. The company name wqas different ffrom those listed, but the address, names, and circumstances were exact - Thank god for sites like this!!! We will be filing a complaint with the post office.

Kr

Comments

• Us
      29th of Jan, 2009

ALERT: There is no legitimate reason why anyone would provide you with a check or money order and ask you to wire money anywhere in return. If you have received a USGA check for any amount of money as a winner in a lottery drawing or for any other reason and have been asked to wire money back — it is a scam. Do not cash the check. If you cash this check you will be responsible to the bank for these funds.

Contact the USGA Legal Department at (908) 234-2300 or Michael Swangler of U.S. Secret Service (USSS) at Michael.Swangler@usss.dhs.gov for further information.