southcoast recovery center / closed doors owing me $12,000

1 San Juan Capistrano, CA, United States Review updated:

paid $23, 800 for 90 day program for my addicted daughter. The company closed its doors still owing me 60 days of service or approx. $12, 000.00. Rumor has it, after filing bankruptcy, they have opened under another name. What is my recourse. Please help!

Comments

• Ad
      20th of Nov, 2010

They ripped me off too, but even worse they ripped off my addict son! So far, i found out their program director who is criminal like the rest of them are starting another company!! Her name is Krishna Jessek and she was part of everything that went down at south coast recovery and she is going to start another rehab scam?? They owe me thousands of dollars!! She needs to pay us first!!!

• To
      9th of Jan, 2011

Try looking them up under the name sober recovery. I think you might have better luck tracking these scammer ### down!

• Po
      11th of Feb, 2011

They opened up as Synergy in Dana Point CA. Almost identical staff as SouthCoast minus Dennis Larkin.

• Kf
      13th of Feb, 2011

Southcoast pushed us for the 90 day prepay when we wanted the 30 day payment and opt for continuing treatment after the 30 days. Really didn't want to pay that much up front. We went ahead since they were "discounting" at around $24, 000. Needless to say, we found out about the closure before Southcoast advised us. We were at about day 30 when we found out. Got 40 days out of them. I found the Synergy website with all the same staff & house pictures on it prior to their closure! Thought maybe it was an old website. The house shown on the Synergy website is the same house we picked up our son at from Southcoast! How could Krishna as Dennis's right hand, not know about the spending of the funds? Who was issuing the checks for the bills? Was it the same person keeping track of all the incoming moneys? You can't tell me that Dennis was handling all the money, someone else knew and was in on it. They had to know what was going to happen when we paid in full. We recognized one of the counselors on the Synergy website as a current Southcoast counselor at the time. Why wouldn't they have taken on those kids left behind!

• Ra
      19th of Mar, 2011

The reason why everyone at southcoast is nonchalant and passive about what ### Dennis Larkin did is because all the higher ups got a big cut of the money that he stole from the company. A lot of the so called management people now claim that they also lost money when Dennis took off with the company money. The truth is that most of them got a big, big pay off. How else do you explain dennis still alive. I f I had been ripped off big by this sexual predator offender, they would had buried him long ago.

• He
      13th of May, 2011

If they are the same company and opening under a diff name and they owe you money, you can report it to the Department of Insurance and they would investigate it.