South Road Sunoco / unsatisfactory customer service
I regularly go to this gas station with my PriceChopper Fuel AdvantEdge card for fuel savings. On Sunday, January 18th, 2009, I accumulated 50 cents per gallon of savings, and went to the Sunoco on South Rd in Poughkeepsie around 5:45 pm. By following the direction at the pump and swiping my AdvantEdge card first, and my credit card, the pump screen showed savings of 50 cents per gallon. When I started to pump, I noticed a garbage bag covered the pump nozzle. I saw several gas stations in northern NY do the same when the weather is too cold. Without seeing an "out of order" notice around the pump, I used it anyways. I only managed to pump very little gas. It didn't work. No receipt was printed either.
I went inside to question the clerk that he should put a note on the pump to inform customers about the problem, just like other gas stations. The clerk offered no help and blamed me for operating a non-working pump by uncovering the garbage bag. He expected all customers to know that a covered gas nozzle means that it is out of order.
Since I have used my AdvantEdge card, and have pumped a bit of gas, I was told I could not change to another pump and take the advantage of gas savings. Upset as I was, I left the gas station without pumping any more gas. This specially planned gas saving trip ended with no savings. What a day! What is this customer service all about?
More South Road Sunoco Complaints & Reviews
- Sunoco/a Plus - child working 
- Sunoco - credit card scam? 
- Sunoco - don't evet think about using them 
- Sunoco - unauthorized credit card charges
- Sunoco #7144 - dhl employee is a liar 
- Sunoco - price of gas at my sunoco gas station
- Sunoco - worker/service
- Sunoco - customer service
- Sunoco - terrible!! we will not back to this gas station again
- Sunoco Gas Station 190 West Street Road Feasterville PA 19053 - gas