SoldSmart.com.au / Bad product!

unknownunknown, Australia Review updated:
4.6
Phone: nil

Bad product nothing fits / assembly details are dribble can not understand them as if written by 5 year old or someone of an other language. Have tried to contact them by email for a refund as there is no phone number when i asked for someone to contact me by phone, answer was don' have the luxury of time & phone. I sent several more emails and asked questions received same answer every time even when i insulted them to see if i would receive the same answer which i did i was told to fill in form & supply photographs a limit of 2 photo they said if i did not have a digital camera to borrow one from some one (very professional) help before they would even consider the problem. I emailed everything they wanted except photos. I emailed again to see if they received them no answer i have spent 4 hours on emailing etc five minutes phone call if this company was genuine would have solved the problem, instead they spent time that they said they did not have to email back and forth. If you intend to buy anything from this company think twice i have lost $199 on a kids car thats useless, was to be a 3 year old birthday present. (How weak is that?) steeling from kids...

ps do not buy from anyone wih no phone number

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Purchased the same product - arrived in 3 days and no issues at all. Must be a bad lemon that you got. Since then bought a few morei items from them and happy with speed of delivery and price.
Be
  28th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Absolutely awful company to deal with. "Anna" in customer service provided absolutely no help to me when I asked a simple question about the dimensions on an item - I was told to look in the product description, which of course didn't have the dimensions - precisely the reason I bothered writing an email in the first place, must be a bunch of ###s working there - very disappointing as I was very interested in buying something from them. Any company that wont give out a phone number seems suss! Sorry to hear you got screwed Jayson, but thank you for taking the time to post your complaint as now I will be certain not to buy anything from this piss poor excuse for a company.
Ro
  3rd of May, 2008
Hi, great site,

Because of their attitude I felt sure I was not the only one being ripped off by soldsmart.com.au

This site confirms my suspicions.

I bought a model RC helicopter from them for $57.95 including postage on the internet. After a few minutes of noisy erratic static running it packed it in & now there is no response at all. There is no external fault. I thought no problem (after reading their BS customer care) they will replace it or refund my money. How naive can you be!!!

I sent an email explaining the problem & talk about stalling tactics !!! First they wanted photos (because the fault was external !!!) & a quote for repairs from a mechanic (I am an Automotive Engineer & would not have a clue how to fix it).
Then they said photos & quotes were not required if the item cost under $150 . Next email they wanted photos again. I have now lost count of the emails I sent. They send the same emails over & over & ask the same questions. I persevered & they did offer me money starting at $15 & raising it but not to the full value. Even if I did agree I doubt I would ever have seen the money because they are such shonks.

Why doesn't the goverment shut them down ?
They appear to treat Fair Trading as a joke.

Could we have a Class Action to shut them down ?

There is far more to this storey but it is getting a little long.

Regards, Ron.
Su
  18th of May, 2008
I bought a walking frame from Soldmart on 3rd of April. Delivery time was excellent.It arrived at my home on 6th April however on opening the box, which contained no instructions for assembly by the way I found that the walker was damaged.One part was completely sheared off from the main frame. I e-mailed Soldsmart immediately & they replied on the same day sending me a form to fill out with details of my purchase & advising me to attach photos of the damage & e-mail it back to them. I did this within the week & have continued doing so several times over the last week. The e-mail keeps bouncing back. Obviously I bought the walking frame because I need it & am fed up with lack of response to my complaint.Very nervous at the possibility of spending money I can ill afford on a product which as it is is totally useless. Buyers beware!!!
  2nd of Jun, 2008
Have sent several emails giving information they asked for, due to a minor mistake on my behalf, which I forgot to write in the tranfer order Number, Instead I wrote in the Item in Words with their Company Name.
After sending in 6 emails on a daily basis, letting them know of this mistake and corrected the details how to find our payment.
I get same answer over and over and over, just a repeative email sent back to me again and again.
I am supious now til I see something more genuine that the same answer all the time asking me put down the reference etc I used.
WHAT A HASSLE AND A COMPANY MUST BE RUN BY PRE-KINDY if they can understand a simple email and all they can do is copy the same email back to me all the time. OH YEAH BY THE WAY STILL NO PRODUCT $48.95 in TOTAL.
DISCUSSED WITH THIS COMPANY.
Ca
  12th of Jun, 2008
We should all get together and work out a way to have this company shut down.

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner CD-2800 that took 2 months for delivery after a lot of where is my item emails.

It worked the first two times I used it, then nothing. Soldsmart gave me the usual run around like they have done to everybody else on this site. No phone number and they say they can't call me (makes me wonder how they communicate with their suppliers). I received no recept no warranty card and there is no company info on the box in English (cheap Chinese crap) to contract either.

I am $60 out of pocket and deeply frustrated that I can't get some justice. Maybe if everybody contacts the department of fair trading???

This company is bad news. They lie, they rip people off and then pretend that they can't help. Hopefully karma will catch up soon and they will put themselves out of business with their lack of customer service.

Caz
Mr
  24th of Oct, 2008
Hello,

I have purchased products from this company and have been a pleasent experience.

They operate on a thin profit margin. This maybe the reason that they have a limited staff to resolve the issue. However, if you are buying a generator worth $500.00 in just $50.00, it is not fair to expect a refund if your item has been damaged in transit.

I recommened soldsmart to everyone who wants to purchase quality items at cheapest cost in Australia.
Ja
  30th of Oct, 2008
Hi
Iam a customer of soldsmart I purchased a motor bike for my grandson and it does not do the speed that was posted on the website I have emaild on a daily basis and asked repeatedly for a phone number and cannot find one how does a company operate in Australia like that. Is there anyone out there that would like to start a public media campaign agaist these bullies please advise.

Janita
Th
  2nd of Nov, 2008
The worst I have ever dealt with I won a airhose reel on ebay with this company went to pay thru paypal as stated on the page. They would not accept it, the email i received went like like this
Use your credit card it take to long thru paypal .
after 10 or more emails and going thru disputes with eBay i canceled the deal.
They left me with neg feedback stating i did not want to resolve they have since changed it to we get paypal pament all the time blah blah blah.
The worst ever company (IF
they even deserve to be called that) I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.
STAY AWAY AND LET OTHERS KNOW.
I have emailed all my friends about this and they have forwarded it on to there friends.
  10th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We have been buying from this company for 2 years now and no issues that we could not resolve. Once the manual did't arrive and it was promptly emailed to us upon request. Recommended.
  17th of Jan, 2009
I have nothing to say but DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SOLDSMART.

I too have just had a bad experience with Soldsmart (smart alright, they rip people off!!!). I thought I would do my sister-in-law a favour and help her choose a birthday gift for her grandson. I saw kids ride-on cars on Soldsmart and thought "what a bargain" and showed my sister-in-law who was excited and so I went ahead and purchased it for her. We did get the promised "free delivery" but it did come later than promised (which they did explain was due to the Xmas rush, understandably). However, putting the car together by following the instructions (if you can call them that!) was very challenging (I agree with Jason Rogers regarding the instructions, they were either written by a five year old or were translated word for word from another language which ends up not making any sense at all!). I charged the car for the recommended hours and it doesn't work. I've been emailing them with no avail ( I get repetitive emails) and then am told in one of their emails to have a detailed report filled in by an electrician or mechanic detailing the problem!!! That means I have to go out, find an electrician (or do I need an auto-electrician???) pay him/her the money for something that isn't my fault? And in the end I might not get anywhere with them based on the feedback from this site. Any good comments about them might either be posted by them or some of their friends or relatives is what I think. We need to band up and close companies that rip people (and kids) off like Soldsmart. This experience has put off my sister-in-law from purchasing on-line for good (it was her first on-line purchase). I feel bad as it was myself who drew her attention towards Soldsmart.

I have purchased off internet companies before (ie, dealsdirect, factoryfast and oo.com which have excellent customer service) but NEVER AGAIN FROM SOLDSMART.
Br
  18th of Feb, 2009
Hi, I purchased an electric ride-on jeep for my 2 year old it cost $199.00. The jeep arrived in a box that looked like it had been through the wringer, on opening the box the jeep inside wasn't in any packaging & was smashed in two different places, then it wouldn't charge. devasted, I contacted Soldsmart only to be told to send photo's etc etc. Twelve emails later I have still heard nothing so I contacted Fair Trading, they contacted "mike" at soldsmart only to be told that they tried to rectify this problem with me, this is a lie! Fair Trading then sent me forms so I could lodge a complaint with Consumer, Trader & Tenancy Tribunal, I sent in the complaint along with a $33 fee... I have now been told I have to send them the address of Soldsmart (which I can't get, even their phone isn't connected) or the application can't be dealt with. What a joke, so now I'm out've pocket another $33? I can't beleive that these people can rip off consumers like you & I & we don't have a leg to stand on. Something needs to be done about this company!
Ju
  19th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
For those of you who have been ripped off by SoldSmart International I urge you to report them to the ATO and Department of Fair Trading. Their Address details as I have discovered is as follows:

ABN 24 096 327 589

their current address is:

Kyberguard Pty Ltd- T/A SoldSmart International

(02) 9618 1660
U1/ 5 Aero St
Ingleburn NSW 2565

THESE GUYS ARE TRUE FRAUDSTERS AND MUST BE STOPPED - IF YOU HAVE COPIES OF YOUR TAX INVOICE YOU WILL NOTICE THAT THEY DIDNT CHARGE THE GST COMPONENT. LET THE ATO KNOW.
Pa
  3rd of Mar, 2009
Their phone number is:

02 9618 1660

I suspect they only have 1 person on the phones cos whenever i call it's the same guy.

i been to there warehouse and they are pretty genuine. all you people who say they are frauds need to get there story straight.
  20th of Apr, 2009

SoldSmart.com.au - swivel sweeper

purchased a sviwel sweeper from soldsmart came broken. they refused to give me refund. soldsmart have no customer service. If you are going to buy from this company do not expect any after service because there isnt any
Jo
  25th of May, 2009
Soldsmart are ridiculous... i bought a red police 6v jeep for my sons 4th birthday which we had delivered exactly on his birthday as a surprise ...I opened the box to find a hot pink Dream Dazzler jeep????????
I sent an email and they pretty much said too bad the pictures are for illustration purposes ( which it says no where on their site)...so when you order something from them it doesnt mean you will get that item... I have a BOY if it was a different jeep in a boy colour...ok... but a HOT PINK jeep...come on... they told us to sell it on ebay if we didnt want it. this is obviously how they make thier money...put any pic up and when people choose that one...doesnt matter give em any old one that suits them.
I will continue my battle on trying to get this fixed as my son was left with NO BIRTHDAY present (we only get the kids one big major present for their birthday) How heartbroken was he...NOT GOOD SOLDSMART...but hey lets face it they dont care...

JW
Queensland
Np
  29th of Jul, 2009
Ordered the product and paid via PayPal, a service used by SoldSmart. Despite the money being transferred to their account, SoldSmart kept on bombarding me with overdue payment reminder notices. I provided all the evidence that the payment had been made and credited to their account. After futile attempt to resolve the issue with their robotic sales person, I had to send half a dozen e-mails to cancel the order because SoldSmart because of their archaic accounts system would not have been able to deliver the product on time. After the order appeared as cancelled on my order page on SoldSmart's website, I had to run around for a refund and all failing; I had to lodge a PayPal dispute. PayPal was successful in getting this refund for me.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. This company does not have a phone number and are unethical in their dealings. Golden rule: AVOID, AVOID and AVOID.
Se
  17th of Aug, 2009
DO NOT BUY FROM soldsmart. Bought ride on car from them after 2 week battery charger got burnet I been waiting for my new charger for 4 MONTHS, I’ve sent them 12 email about it they always come back and ask for order number, I’m frustrated and taking them to fair trade
Ab
  29th of Sep, 2009
I am in the midst of a bad SoldSmart experience. I ordered a $192 multi-level cat enclosure, but was sent an open-topped hexagonal animal cat (which any self-respecting cat would jump out of in a second). More suitable for rabbits or guinea-pigs. Both items are on their website, but I have had the usual run-around with them requiring photographs, stating that the item may not look like the picture, etc. SoldSmart they are in breach of the Fair Trading Act - items sold must be fit for purpose, and clearly what I have been supplied with (which retails on their website for less than what I paid for the cat enclosure) is not able to be substituted with the item I ordered. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER deal with them again!!!
Tu
  11th of Feb, 2010
Very dodgy sellers. I purchased an item from them and paid insurance as well.
Item arrived damaged/unusable so cotacted them by email. Took 4 emails over several days before I received an answer. They asked me to email pictures of the damage, and they kept saying they hadn't received them, even after sending them 4 times. I could foreward the same email onto others who received them ok. Then I added negative feedback to ebay about them and filed a paypal claim. They then emailed me and said that they would help, but only if I removed the nedative feedback. They offered me a few dollars refund if I kept the item, but I email them back and told them the petrol motor was broken and was unable to be used (casting broken and fuel tank split) and wanted a replacement or refund as I had paid insurance. No more communication from them. These guys are crooks. Yes Paypal will refund my money, but only if I ship the motor back to them, but this will cost more than half the total cost I paid for it $240.00. So don't bother with paypal as well. Spoke to ebay, because I consider this is fraud by them offering insurance, but they won't act on it, and they weren't interested.
"They are a power seller, they can't do wrong"" What a joke.
DON'T BY FROM SOLDSMART!