Snuggie / rip off

PA, United States Review updated:
4.25

I am furious that I have been ripped off! I went to check the status on my order and the website does not come up. I ordered 6 weeks ago. Also, when you call the company, it gives you number after number to hang up and call and the final number they give you just hangs up on you. I will tell everyone that I know NOT TO BUY SNUGGIE BLANKETS because it is a SCAM!!!

Comments

Ma
  19th of Dec, 2008
I went to the website and purchased a snuggie. It was supposed to be buy one get one free. Then they ask if you would like to upgrade to a more plush snuggie. When you say yes you end up buying 2 getting 2 free and instead of it costing you approx. $40.00 it ends up costing you almost $95.00. I called to have them correct this only to have them tell me that it was too soon for the order to be in the system that I would have to call back in 24 to 72 hours. That the order does not hit the system that soon. I asked well how can you email me an order # that is not in the system? I was told well that's not the true order # that we use. What a bunch of crap! I'm canceling my credit card. What a bunch of scam artists.
Do
  28th of Dec, 2008
I also ordered snuggie blankets and it also doubled my order with out my permission and just like everybody else I can not get a hold of Snuggie's to talk to anybody. I suggest that everyone who has been ripped off call the tv station that does the compliants Mikel Finney and complain to him about this. The more that do maybe we can get some help that way.
Kk
  2nd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
RIP-OFF!! No product and no one answers their phone numbers: 888-793-3379 800-663-8166 800-566-2888 Someplace in Wallingford, Ct. No snuggies, no confirmation number and no way to talk to anyone. I'm charging back the money they ripped off from me...I'll bet they stole thousands of dollars by screwing people before the holidays until we all respond to there scam. PASS THE WORD...DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
K.K. Roswell, Georgia USA
Ja
  4th of Jan, 2009

Snuggie - no order yet
Jackie Lee
Enfield
Connecticut

i order the Snuggie on 11/10/08 and still have not received it. It was a Christmas gift. I am very disappointed and when i called Customer Service, i was hold forever and had to hang up. There is not any e-mail address as indicated. This company is a scam. And they have the nerve the keep advertising on T.V!!
This is my comfirmation # 25409200851131572.
PLEASE cancel this for me.
Thank you very much for your help.
Jackie Lee
Jo
  5th of Jan, 2009
after reading the complaints on the snuggies product Iam no longer interested in this produce...please cancel my order I will go into a store and buy this item ...thank you very much I am copy paste this complaint on this date as to have no other business with you ...sorry It didnt work for me but this is no way to be in business...
Cy
  7th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I just received a $20.00 credit on my visa after calling a phone # 800-566-2888. They told me that I could return the 2nd order but would only be credited $30+ dollars; no shipping or handling. After bit**ing, the're going to let me keep the 2nd order and crediting the $20.00; I guess I'll give them away as gifts. Never will I order on line again!
Ir
  9th of Jan, 2009
This company has a bait in switch. They offer deals yet their website is set up to charge your card before you review. Suddenly you don't have the deal and the shipping of the now $40 items was more than the cost of the items. If you call, you just get automated greeting after another. Stay away and don't buy their product!!!
Im
  17th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I can see that I am not the only one that has endured very unecessary stress from this unknown company. I ordered Snuggies, buy one get one free and for an extra charge I could get the deluxe style which came with a heavier fabric and pockets, so I said OK. I wrote down everything the so called sales person told me regarding price which came to a total of $44.95. I placed that order on Dec. 06, '08, hoping to get it in time for Christmas as I wanted to give them as a gift. I was out of town for the holidays and did not return home until the 5th of January. Still no package. I looked up my MasterCard account and found that I had been charged$91.70 for two orders. Then I got busy on the phone and called the number that I had originally ordered from, was told by a mechanical voice to call customer service, but the mechanical voice at customer service gave me a number to call if I wanted to speak to a 'live person'. Well, indeed I did.
But I started calling at 10am, kept getting the same message that due to the holiday volume all service representatives were busy. That went on all day until 6:30 pm. I finally got some very young person who did not sound very professional. I told her that I went to Customer Status.com and found that my order had a shipping date of l/7/2009. Not ony haven't I received my order but they had my name completely wrong. She credited my account for $15.90 but I still don't have order and today is January 17, 2009. I have already had my account charged for something that I have not received. This is a horrible scam and these people should be severly penalized for what they are doing to their customers. Thank you, Jane Rainone, Mooresville, NC
Sn
  21st of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Snuggies are awesome so leave them alone I just ordered one and it came in 12 hours dont ruin the name of Snuggie. You guys are so lame for ripping on snuggies. The free booklight is awesome to
Sn
  21st of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
SNUGGIES RULE!!! Your so right snuggie lover i received my snuggie in LESS than 12 hours. Snuggie is a reliable family company that caters to all my snuggie needs. All you little complaining ### can just shut the the hell up. All my frat boys wear them and they are great for studying in college. I also enjoy eating in my snuggie and perfer to read in it as well. Whenever I go to a party me and my friends dont forget to put on our snuggies. So to all the ### bashing snuggies: SUCK A FAT ONE! Peace.
Ba
  23rd of Jan, 2009

Snuggie - Terrible experience
Snuggie
getsnuggie.com

Placed an order several weeks ago for Christmas. I went on-line to check my order and notice I had part of my address incorrect. I have tried to contact the company to correct the address. The number they give for customer support just rings and rings. They said you can contact them 24 hours via email but there is no email address to be found.

At this point I no longer am interested in the product and would like to cancel but of course cannot contact anyone. If they charge my credit card I do not receive the product then I will now have to go through the trouble of having the charge removed.
Kr
  27th of Jan, 2009
I am glad i did research on this, i almost went on line to order a snuggie, then something caught my eye about snuggie being a scam and went to this website and started to read. now I will not buy a snuggie THANK YOU ALL!!! mabe if they have it or something similar at a store then I will buy it there.
Ji
  4th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I'll add my Snuggie rip off story. I ordered mine December 9, 2008, knowing about the long shipping time. On January 17, I received a confirmation that it had shipped on the 16th with a UPS tracking number. I checked the tracking number immediately, and it showed only that billing information had been received, which is not unusual so I didn't think anything about it. About a week later, no Snuggie, same thing on the tracking. I wasn't in a hurry for it, it was for an upcoming gift, so I didn't worry about it. Finally, on February 4th, when I hadn't received it and it still showed only that billing information had been received, I called. First number was all automated, gave me the tracking number, and referred me to another number. I called that number, spoke to a Renton, who would only tell me that it shows to have shipped on January 15th (the date he gave was different that the confirmation email). I explained to him that it showed no movement, I hadn't received it, and that it seems to have not shipped, he just repeated that it shows to have been shipped on January 15th. I asked who could check on it to confirm that, he said no one could. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said I couldn't, they were 'in a meeting or helping other associates'. I asked which it was, in a meeting or helping someone else, he didn't know. I asked to hold, he said I couldn't. He offered to redo the order or cancel the order. I asked how soon it could ship, he said two weeks, I said I wanted to cancel. However, they would only refund the $19.95 product cost, NOT the $15.90 shipping, EVEN THOUGH IT NEVER SHIPPED, saying they don't refund shipping and handling costs. Still, he refused to let me speak to a supervisor, saying the supervisor would tell me the same. Finally, he said that if I didn't receive it within 24 hours, I could call back and get a full refund, though he couldn't/wouldn't tell me who authorized that so I could ask for them when calling back, so I suspect this was his way of getting me off the phone so I could be someone else's problem tomorrow. In the end I just told him I was going to take it up with my credit card company and find anywhere and everywhere I could to let people know if my experience with them. I would have been perfectly happy to just find out what the hold up was and receive the item in a week, or just get a full refund, but that didn’t happen.
Im
  7th of Feb, 2009
Totally agree. I just experienced the problem. Since it's Saturday night I'll probably have to wait until Monday to get something. I saw a live unpaid-for (I think) promotion of sorts for this blanket on the Today show where they even mentioned the 2 for 1 detail. No mention of the misleading details though about the shipping charges, or in my experience the extra set that was inadvertently slipped in because a request for a second set came up twice and I thought the first hadn't gone through! No way to cancel out or correct. And that was the beginning of the realization that something was dreadfully wrong. Normally, I'm not hooked on this kind of deceptive advertising and also stay away from direct ads on TV. Now I know why. If I'm ever tempted again, I'll check Complaints.com out first! I'm sure the Snuggles people are laughing all the way to the bank at finding another sucker.
Ja
  12th of Feb, 2009

Snuggie - Orders not ordered
Snuggie
Reno
Nevada
Phone: 18005662888
snuggie.com

Placed an order for this product one in each color with an up-grade for a pocket on the front of this sheet and was charged for two more colors that I didn't order when I realized the charges to my checking account I call this company and they informed me the I should refuse the deliveies but won't be reimbursed the full amount for the missed orders on there part( meaning the shipping and handling) wouldn't be refund having to do with something about there computer set-up, I don't understand what this is all about but I'm very very very unhappy with this situation and hopes that this company fall to its knees for such bad ordering condition on there part.
Jb
  12th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I ordered my first set of Snuggie's back in Dec for a Christmas gift. They didn't arrive until Jan. 19th. After I got them I checked my credit card and they charged me for 2 sets (4 total). I called them and told them I got my Snuggie's but they cahrged me again. The customer service people told me that I did order them. They said I could send them back for a refund, minus shipping. Or, I could keep them and they would give me 1/2 my money back. So, I kept them to use a gifts. So, now I've got a total of 6 Snuggies. I waited a few weeks, then checked my card again and they did give me some money back, but only after charging me for 2 more Snuggies. So, I have a total of 8 Snuggies now. I called to complain and after being hung up on 3 time someone finally was nice enough to stay on the phone and eventually I got to keep the Snuggies and they gave me my money back. So, after everything I have 8 Snuggies for the price of 2 Sets. I also had to cancel my credit card and get a new number to ensure that they could tap back into my acount. I suggest you all do the same and stay away from online purchasing, epeually if you do not have some sort of protection on your acount.
Ga
  25th of Feb, 2009
This company is so unbelieveably outrageous when it comes to customer sevice - there simply is none. After shipping out my Snuggies to the wrong address they offered a settlement, a $10 refund and shipping out my Snuggies to the correct address. Neither of these took place. When I went to the online status website it said they delivered the previous package to the correct address. They simply changed the address of record to the correct address and I am stuck out in the cold - $38+ and no Snuggies.

RIP OFF. STAY AWAY.!!!

It's probably too late if you're reading this.
Jo
  19th of Mar, 2009
Placed an order for a few Snuggies ($66) then saw them at Bed, Bath & Beyond later that day. I decided to buy them there and cancel the order. I called to cancel right away and they said the order had already shipped (bull@#$). I waited 3 weeks to get the order and then returned, unopened, with the RMA # they gave me. They refunded me HALF ($33) because they charge $7 per Snuggie for "handling" charges. Some companies just suck and this is one of them...
Iz
  29th of Mar, 2009
Worse website. Thought I was ordering 1 snuggie plus getting second one with just cost of p and h they called it. Turned out there is no way you can get to a final page, kept clicking and wound up with 6 snuggies with a shipping fee of $47.00. plus the p and h for each robe. Final bill was $95.00. No confirmation until following day. Site never tells you how much the costs are until you receive the confirmation. Called within the 24 hour time to cancel and was told I was too late. Order had been sent already. I am refusing the package when it comes and notifying my credit card company. This is outrageously shoddy.
Pi
  2nd of Jul, 2009
I hate snuggie - they are criminals. I placed an order for one and was charged for three, and charged $30 in shipping free. I called the customer service, I only got an automated response. The box does not have a return label or invoice so you don't know what depts of hell they mailed it and can't return it. I wonder whose children made the $0.50 booklight, its worthless, I waste of natural resources. Hope they burn in hell!!! The owners of snuggie are nothing but criminals.