SmartSavingsCenter.com / scam--unauthorized membership fee

1 FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-511-6538

I bought a book online in December of 2008. In January 2009, I was charged $29.95 from smartsavingscenter.com. At that time I didn't pay attention to the charge in my credit card statement. Then in February 2009, I was charged again $29.95 from the same website. What I found after calling their [protected] number was that I somehow became a member of the smartsavingscenter.com. When I did online shopping, I never signed up for the membership, nor did I see any fineprints regarding the membership!

So I cancelled the membership, and kindly enough the website even sent me an email confirming the membership cancellation. Then I happened to find numerous complaints about smartsavingscenter.com!!! In order to avoid being charged again, I cancelled my credit card from which smartsavingscenter.com withdraws money. Sure enough I received an email from the website saying that they couldn't get the money and asked for a valid credit card number.

Smartsavingscenter.com has never cancelled and will never cancel my membership. So here is my advice: you need to cancel your credit card that you had used for signing up the membership. Otherwise smartsavingscenter.com will get your money month after month after month!!!

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2009

I also fell victim to them... but after complaining enough and sending letters to the Florida Attorney General, I did receive a refund from them totaling $59.90. If you your self would like to raise a little cane (I highly suggest it) you can call THEIR OFFICE DIRECTLY not the one in a 3rd world country. All of their information I will list below. Good luck and tell them I said hi ;-)

Skip Middleton is the Executive Vice President at Xacti Group which is their parent company. Xacti can be contacted at:

(516) 989-7400
    999 W. Yamato Rd
    Suite 100
    Boca Raton, FL 33481

When I called the 1st time I spoke with Lesley at extension 435, then with someone names Auntrey, and finally with Andrew.

I hope this helps!!!