Smart Style / bad business

960 Brookway BLVDBrookhaven, MS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 601.833.0072
I went in there today at 6 PM to get my hair highlighted and cut. I had just got off work, only time to get it done this week and sat for 1 hour and about 10 minutes. Then the lady walked up to me and said I get off at 8 PM and I do not have time to highlight your hair. She then said the other lady gets off at 9Pm and will not have time either because she is cutting a gentleman's hair. (Never knew it took that long for a guy to get a hair cut)!!! Then had the nerve to say you can come back later. I said I work for a living, take care of two kids and this is the only day I have. Going out of town this weekend so can not get it done this time. She ignored me and then called the next customer. I kept my cool and walked out. But I will never spend anymore money in that place. So my word to anyone be careful going in a Smart Style.
Re

Comments

Wh
  23rd of Mar, 2009
first of all... keep in mind that these stylist have lives too and kids to take care of, secondly, they did at least inform you that they wouldn't be able to take you that day and they did ask if you could come back later... being tomorrow or later in the week... if you had to wait to be seen it's because they where busy... have a little respect for people who work with the public, and i happen to know from experience that a highlight and cut cqan take every bit of 3-4 hours, and if the stylist was new it could take even longer, next time you might be better off to call ahead of time and make sure that they have time, or maybe to go earlier in the day...
Lo
  14th of Oct, 2009
Thank You, thank you, soooo much for that comment! I too am a stylist at Smartsytle. It makes me so angry when patrons walk in at the last minute wanting a service! Especially a chemical service! You need to realize that it takes atleast 30mins for a consultation especially when you have not had a chemical service done there before! If you have long hair? and so on...It amazes me of how many complaints there are against Smartstlye stylists! Most of these complaints are from clients that want something for nothing, fast service and now, or just simply want something to gripe about! we are not a fastfood joint!! Quit treating us like one! (I do blame the company for that)! The way I feel about it, we are open 12hrs a day, 6days a week and 8hrs on Sunday! We don't just close the door and leave at 8:00pm. We have sanitation, closing the drawer out, calling #s in, writing #s down ect ect... we are sometimes there (especially on busy day) til almost 9:00pm!!! Have some respect people.. I too have learned from this. If a business is getting ready to close, I will not go in, because I know how it feels!

SmartStyle Logo SmartStyle