Sixth Day Ranch / goldendoodle with health problems

1 FL, United States Review updated:

We bought Emmett our cream colored goldendoodle from Sixth Day ranch in 2007. He was born nov 2007. e were told he was going to be a big goldendoodle, which is what we wanted. We recieved him at 8 weeks of age. we apid 1800 for him, and after they recieved the last payment I hadn't heard from them until I pestered them. They finally shipped him to us. All seemed reputble on their web site. All the photos of family interaction etc.
Emmett came with chronic diarrhea...The vet tested andhe was positive for coccidia and giardia. I immediately wrote to the breeders to let them know, for other customers to watch for the sam. We treated Emmett, but he just couldn't shake it. It took 3 months of treatment. Finally he was negative.
Now at 18 months, he has been diagnosed with severe inflammatory bowel disease. His internist says it may be from the chronic parasitic infections he came with. We are treating him and he is on a very limited, special diet.
I wouldn't trade Emmett for any dog...but want others to know that if you have a dog from this breeder, who seems ill, or has an elevated lymphocyte count in their blood values...have the dog tested for this condition. Poor emmett went through a wole lot of testing to reach this diagnosis.

Also to note is that Emmett is NOT a large goldendoodle...he is medium at 50 lbs.
Jeanne Monast

Je

Comments

• Fa
      11th of Jan, 2012

Wow... $1600 for a 100% mutt dog? That's a lot of money to pay for a mutt in the first place...