Singles Station / Scammed out of $2595!

1120 NW H STBentonville, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: 479 790 5894

I was surfing Christian single web sites about Feb 20. Never went to Singles station.com, but they called me and said I had visited their site, and I would need to come in to see if I "qualify". I arrived to an empty office except for one guy. I filled out the "personality " test and then he lead me into a room, we were alone, where I was interviewed in depth. Then I was presented with the cost. the lowest was $2595, at which point I got up and said NO. No I can't afford it, No I am not interested, I can't put another ill on my plate. At which time I stood up to go and he stood up and made me feel intimidated, and he kicked into high sales pitch talk, you need this, it will only be $100 a month, you can afford it, you will meet high caliber ppl..I had to get ot work he was going to make me late. I felt totally cohered into the whole deal and now I just want my money back and have talked with 3 ppl in the company and they say that I never was forced and I knew what I was doing. I am not interested in their matchmaking, it is like a blind date, and totally bogus.

Comments

Ca
  7th of May, 2008

Singles Station - Scamed out of $500
Singles Station
Saint Louis
Missouri

Although their procedure sounded ancient to me, I got fooled by them into a package that cost me $500. Thank God It was only $500! because I'll tell you what: you'll never see those money again, nor get any services for them. It's like a blind date, only worse. After almost two months of waiting, I call them to ask what the heck is going on? They finally gave me a over praised lady's phone number. The only problem was that number was never answered. I called it about 50 times during a week. I called Singles Sattion again telling them this, and they gave me another lady's number. The thing is that lady wasn't even close to what I asked for. I got pissed off and I asked for my money back. They keep playing with me for almost 6 months. They're all a bunch of crooks.
Singles Station is a BIG SCAM!!!
Kr
  5th of Oct, 2008
They are abusive and lie. This company is a scam.
Ki
  7th of Oct, 2008
I completely agree with the complaint above.. I was scammed out of the same amount!!! I haven't met 1 single decent match. DO NOT sign up for this.. I regret it so much.
Ma
  7th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I made the mistake of visiting SinglesStation.com on their web site. They called me about 5 times, until I agreed to come in. On the day of my appt, they called me 2 hours ahead of the appt time, and asked if I could come in early. They said that they already had someone interested in meeting me, and that they were driving to OKC from Tulsa. The said that their "company policy" required me to be in their office for at least 45 minutes before they could introduce me to anyone face to face. When I did arrive, a few minutes early, no mention was made of the person who "wanted to meet me". After about 30 minutes into my interview, I was informed of the fee. I said no, hell no. Mr. Interviewer asked me to wait for a few minutes so he could talk to his "boss", to see if their was any way he could help me with the fee. (anyone ever experience this at a car dealership.?) He made me wait for 10 minutes, then came back and said they could sign me up for $999.00. I switched on my "Lucas McCain" attitude and said this is where I say I'm not interested, and we say goodbye. This felt like a scam, from the first phone call until I left their office. I can see why some people feel like they've been bullied into signing SingleStation.com's contract, as high pressure sales were tried on me. I just don't get intimidated by these weasels.
Ca
  20th of May, 2009
I applied for a job at this company.. They were very vague about what the job was... So anyway, I was very excited that I got an interview set up. I went down there.. The first time, the lady didn't even interview me. She came out, looked at me, interviewed everyone else there & told me to call her the next day & she'd set up another time to interview me. So I called back the next day, and the next day, and the next day (yes, I'm persistent).. She basically told me to "F" off. A few years goes by, and I end up applying to the same company for a job (I didn't know they were the same people, it was another vague ad), but this one was at a different location.. This last one was just a couple days ago might I add.. This time I at least got the courtesy of an interview, but the guy made it clear that he didn't like how I looked (he kept staring at me) and he made it sound like I should not hold my breath for the job & that apparently there's copious amounts of people applying at that company (when I went there the office was totally empty).. He asked me a series of questions, how organized I was, how persistent I was, if I am very aggressive, etc.. The interview lasted all of 2 minutes & I got shoved out of the office & treated very rudely.

From what I've said, you would think I was some kind of monster, but I'm not. I'm actually just a 25 year old heavyset girl. Both times I applied at this company, they treated me like dirt, simply because of my weight. I didn't even know what the job was doing. All they said when I called about the job was that it was helping people find mates at a "Christian" dating service.. I thought "wow, that would be fun!".. Christian my butt. They are awful. And RUDE. From all the stuff I've been reading about them online, I'd figure they would be used to seeing fat people.

Word of advice! If you're fat, don't apply to vague ads on CraigsList or the Newspapers! And if you do call them, and they say they're a "Christian" dating service, IT'S PROBABLY THEM! They pay $8.50 an hour + commissions & they have quotas to meet, hence the aggression when people go to visit them. The guy interviewing me told me that everyone there makes at least $40, 000.00 a year.
Er
  12th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I think all the people who have commented on here are crazy! They have been in business for 30 years. How many scams do you know of that have been in business for that long? If it were true don't you think they would have been shut down a long time ago? Be positive and positive things will come your way.
St
  17th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also made the mistake of looking at Singles Station on the web and a "Tiffany" calls me from different #'s several times a day. When I asked for her to stop, she keeps on rambling and I hang up. She then left a message laughing and saying that I must have her confused with a telemarketer. I have to watch what phone calls I answer now, she has been harassing me for approx. 6 months now. I have reported this to the no call list several times recently and hope they can get them to stop. This is a real violation of my rights and I hope that they get just what they deserve! A big fat class action law suit and close these monsters for good! If I ever met anyone that used their services, I would know they would NOT be for me. I am attracted only to intelligent people.
Ch
  22nd of Jul, 2009
You must have a LOT of money to shell out $2595 just to MEET somebody, ( or pretty stupid). It is just a drop in your money bucket, isn't it?

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people are simply too stupid to have money.

You gave that amount not knowing ANYTHING about to whom you are GIVING the money. You gave them information that you wouldn't give to your most trusted best friend.

NEVER, EVER RESPOND TO ANY INTERNET AD, TV OR RADIO AD,
no matter what they promise or guarantee and don't believe their testimonials, either!!!
Ow
  26th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have worked for the company. We were always told to make the first match really good then the members would have to "take one for the team, " yes I used quotes because that is exactly what we were told. It really is a waste of money, they do not have trained matchmakers, it's whoever they pulled off the street. I tried my best and really tried to talk to my members which they did not like, but I felt I owed it to the people who were spending a ridiculous amount of money.
Cm
  3rd of Jan, 2010
I wish I had never hear from these people they tell you that there going to see to it that you get to meet the one you are longing for but when you sign the papers they totally do a about face and say if they can not match you with the one you are looking for you will have to take the person they matched for you and believe me they do not know anything about matching that is for sure.
Cu
  28th of Apr, 2010
Everything everyone is saying about Singles Station is true. It is a scam and a total waste of money. I feel like such an idiot for giving them my money, but it was such high pressures sales. The entire thing has been a nightmare. They have consistently lied to me about matches and have only set me up with people I would never have gone out with in the first place. And every person they have set me up with has also complained about their services.
Ma
  3rd of Nov, 2012
Okay. My story is pretty much the same. Except I did not buy. Looking for an exclusive matchmaking service I went in there thinking my limit was 2000.00. They won't tell me the price till the end of their pitch. Lowest deal is 2995.00 for 6 introductions. I get up to leave, several times. I eventually do leave. About two weeks later the woman calls me back with "great deal", a special they are having "today only". They are going to give me the "platinum package" or the highest, normally 7, 000 package, for only $2000.00! But she is calling me at work and I do not get a day off until the weekend. So she offers to extend the offer until that Sunday and she will come in just for me (and my credit card information). I tell her I have plans for that day. But she tells me it will only take a "few minutes to sign the paperwork". I tell her okay to get her off the phone. I do not go. After all if they could offer "a great deal" this "one day only" why not offer it when I was sitting in the office?
Save your money. If you really are hopeful and can afford it, wait till they call two weeks later and offer you "a great deal". But remember if you say you cannot afford it, they will offer financing-which many people could opt for so there goes your promise of only people who have money-something else she will promise.
Ladies, save your money-make your own. Especially in the 50 plus market there are a shortage of available men, at least those worth having. And if a man has money, his own house, and is well adjusted-he probably is not at a dating site. He is probably married. And if not, he will not need a high priced dating service to find a woman-women will find him.