singeronline.com / Deceptive Business Practices

1 176 N. Main StreetOberlin, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 440-775-7500

On March 23, 2013 I ordered a sewing machine part for my wife. A Darning, Quilting, and Embroidery foot from http://www.singeronline.com I paid for this item with my cc through Pay-Pal and was given an e-mail confirmation with my order number, description, price paid, links, etc. Since I live one state over, I expected the item rather quickly. As of March 28th I still had not received the item and placed a call to the business. I was told they had a backlog and it was shipping that day. I still had not received it by April 2 and again I called. I was promised that I would have it no later than April 6th. It did not arrive that day either. I wrote an e-mail on the 6th asking for a status and when it did not arrive by the 8th I wrote a 2nd e-mail. I did not receive a response to either e-mails.

As I did not get a response to either of my e-mails or any returned calls I reported this incident to the Better Business Bureau. When I entered the URL it came up Linda and Rays Sewing Machine Service. The BBB has given them an F rating they have over 25 recent complaints against them with one categorized as serious. If only I had bothered researching them first. Truthfully, I'm an IT person and I have never come across an online business or website so unsavory.

There are numerous complaints listing similar circumstances as mine but there are also ones where people have physically brought their sewing machines into this place to be repaired only to be lied to, price gouged, and more importantly the work was never done. I am now tasking this business for accountability in all areas. Not only am I writing this on this website but I am putting it out there everywhere I can. BBB, Angie's List, White Pages, Yellow Pages, The Consumerist and every consumer website and agency that I can think of. I also have filed a formal complaint to the Ohio Attorney General's office and also contacted Singer Company HQ to discuss this company's use of their name and mis-representation of Singer's parts. The part I was to be given is not a Singer part! SInger said they will look at this businesses BBB rating, complaints and parts mis-representation very seriously, Pay-Pal is also watching the transactions to claims ratio.

I can only imagine the number of people who were ripped off and did not want to endure the aggravation of hassling over 10-15 dollars. They messed with the wrong person, I know quite a few grandmothers who like to sew and I wouldn't want one of them to become a victim. One of those grandmothers could be yours. DO NOT BUY FROM OR PATRONIZE THIS COMPANY!

Jo
Apr 10, 2013

Comments

• Am
      23rd of Jul, 2013

I'm currently having the same issue with this company. I placed my order on 6/30. It's now 7/23 and I have not received the order. I have called and emailed numerous times. I have received no response whatsoever. My last email even threatened to file a complaint with the BBB and IC3 and still no response.

• Ar
      22nd of Aug, 2013

Unfortunately, I am having some of the same issues and am now trying to get a refund from Paypal. I ordered some machine parts on August 5, It's August 22, no parts. I received an order that my items had shipped but they obviously haven't. I can't get any response from this company outside one canned email response. They won't answer their phones or return voice messages, and I have received no responses to my subsequent emails. Since this seems to be their MO, I guess I'll put my efforts into getting my money back from Paypal instead of dealing with this company any further, and I will find my parts elsewhere.

• Ah
      2nd of Dec, 2017

i am having the same problem with this low life guy, he is dishonest and the lier person he took my kid money and never got the part or respond to phone call

29th of May, 2018

SINGERonline should be shut down. I experienced the same thing. They promised genuine singer presser feet, I ordered 4. I got 3 out of 4, one wasn’t even the “genuine” overcast foot I ordered. I emailed them saying that I didn’t recieve the 1/8” Hemmer, got an email saying it would be sent and the correct overcast foot would be sent as well. No return instructions were given for the wrong presser foot. Nothing for 2 weeks. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, after the third week still nothing. Filed a dispute with PayPal and then “person” just refunded the whole order. Sounds like a scam site to me. (I only wanted a refund for the presser foot they didn’t send me and instructions where to send the wrong foot). It’s like they don’t want to resolve anything properly. This business should be investigated for fraud.

29th of May, 2018

Wish I’d read this before I bought from them. Big sigh. At least I got a full refund ( only wanted partial for the foot they didn’t send me).