Shopperdiscounts.co.uk / Theft of my money

England, Dorset, United Kingdom Review updated:

I have no awareness of ever signing up for this hookum but they have stolen £10.00 from my bank account.

D A Smith

Comments

• Ev
      Feb 04, 2009

they have done the same to me be very aware of what and who you order things with it is scam which should be stopped right away

Jun 03, 2009

I also have had £10 a month taken from my Bank Account It would be helpful to have the remedy published

• Wa
      Jun 18, 2009

I too have had £10 taken from my bank account simply by buying a rail ticket, I certainly never gave them my bank details!

J.W. Durham.

Jul 07, 2009

I als0 have had 10 pound's taken from my account, can anyone out there give me an address or phone number for them, I did'nt give any of my details to anybody . Elsie . Dublin Ireland.

•   Jul 11, 2009

Hi, I have just seen a recurring visa transaction for ten pounds on my account. I immediately phoned the number and cancelled the payment but this is getting worrying as only a couple of months ago I had a similar thing with cpipay.com how do these ### get away with it?

• He
      Aug 15, 2009

I too ended up involved thanks to easyjet a ten pounds off offer has so far cost me £104
    Call shopper discounts on 08082341539
    you can get three credits by phone and request a claim form from them for the rest

• Lo
      Dec 01, 2009

This is just another scam by a bunch of thieves out to rip people off

• Il
      Dec 28, 2009

same happened to me, call your bank asap and state that it is a fraudulent transaction then cancel your cards and ask for replacements. Its inconvenient sure, but at least no one will have your details anymore and so cant take any future payments.

Jan 06, 2010

I have just discovered they have taken £152 from me over the course of a year and a half! Id always assumed it was something my wife was buying and visa versa!!! What a scam. Needless to say ive just contacted my local Trading Standards for advice. I suggest we all do the same on mass and stop these idiots.

• Ed
      Jan 08, 2010

i also have been ripped off 40quid by these ###.ordered some coach tickets online most of got my details that way.

• Eu
      Jan 10, 2010

I wanted to enter a prize draw and were asked to choose a website that were interest me. I choose shoppers discount but abandoned and did not submit my application. I have just notice they have debited my bank account since October last year. Is there a way to stop this payment?

Eunice (London)

• Fa
      Jan 13, 2010

I have been caught by them too-unwittingly. I paid for tickets on ticketmaster and was offered free discounts, all I filled in was my name and address though. They must have been able to access my card details from the ticketmaster website. The companies who allow these fraudsters to use their sites should also be held accountable.

Faye. Westmidlands.

• St
      Feb 16, 2010

I have also been caught purchasing a rail ticket from Trainline.com I am waiting to see if I get the 3 x £10 payments refunded. I wont ever buy from the Trainline.com again.

The only reason in the first instance was that my preferred travel company had website problems.

• Ke
      Feb 21, 2010

I have also been scammed just noticed 10 pound taken from my bank account. As everybody says I have never authorised this payment.all I did was bought a Ryanair ticket and took the 10 pound discount they offered. What is the answer?? anybody know? As previously said in other reports how the hell do they get away with it

• Va
      Feb 26, 2010

I have also just noticed that these thieves have taken £10 from my account after buying tickets on trainline.com. Isn't something going to be done about this? If a stranger mugged you on the street, there is a very slim chance they would be brought to justice, this however, is a company with an address that is known. When has stealing ever been legally acceptable?

• Fr
      Mar 15, 2010

i also had £15 taken out off my account and i havent even delt with them hows that

• Ib
      Mar 23, 2010

another fooking scam pinching our money iv just noticed £10 gon today i, v bought a few things from ebay thats all i can think of i just cant believe it not liking the idea of having to cancel cards but dont like loosing money either [protected]@s

• Bi
      Mar 25, 2010

Big Mac. - I noticed last month a £10 payment to shopperdiscounts.co.uk on my credit card account and another this month.I thought my daughter had set it up but no dad.

• Fg
      Mar 26, 2010

I've booked a flight with ryanair and shopper discount offers me 15% discount, when I took it, they told me I need to buy another flight ticket in 15 days time to make effect the discount...WHAT?... if not the voucher won't take effect and you will lost the chance...2 weeks later they scammed me £10 on my account ...W---k---rs!!!

F. sanchez

• Lo
      Mar 26, 2010

I'm from the Netherlands, I did a student placement in 2008 for which I had to open a UK Bank account. One day I bought a train ticket and now, in 2010, I thought i'd check my UK account, as I had still some money left on it. Well I just discovered they have stolen 170 GBP from me thus far! I don't know what to do about it - what I'll do asap is transfer all my money to my Dutch bank account, but I'd really like that stolen money back! Could anyone please advice me?

Mar 26, 2010

Hi, Im glad to report that after sending them a very very strongly worded and angry email they promptly paid all of the £152 back in to my account and apologised. I basically threatened to report them to the Trading standards office and BBCs watchdog. I did end up reporting them to the Trading Standards... Crooks. Anyhow, it worked. So i whole heartedly recommend you all do the same. Then maybe either Trading standard shut them down or they wake up to consumers anger and change the way they do business. What makes me even more angry is the fact that many brands i 'trusted' are using their service. From my understanding these 'trusted' brands even take a cut of the money!!! Crazy. Good luck all.

Mar 30, 2010

So glad i have found this site. have just checked my account and found 30 pounds gone. I gave no bank details to these people just bought some tickets from ticketmaster. I dont know how to stop them taking the money from my account cause it comes up point of sale and not a direct debit. Can any one help?

• Yv
      Mar 31, 2010

I just noticed that they deducted £10 from my bank account (after ordering a Pizza Hut delivery online). I never even logged on to their website or responded to any of their emails!!! I just phoned them (0800 7319935) and asked them to stop the deductions and asked for a refund of the £10. The bird on the phone said that would be OK and I then got an email confirming this. We'll wait and see! Robbing b*stards!!!

• Su
      Apr 21, 2010

I got 10 pounds lost the same way on 15th April, 2010. I received a message from my bank which informed that the money had been used to make an overseas payment online. I neither bought anything or give any debit card information to them. I think we need to do something to prevent this nasty theft!

• Gr
      Aug 16, 2010

graham I have just receiced my cedit card bill and another £10 has been deducted by shopperdiscount which
    I had no knowlege of signing up to . Thanks to this web site which I have just found I to have been scammed .How are they allowed to get away with it..

• Sw
      Sep 03, 2010

Yep they just got me for £10 as well.

• Xt
      Sep 30, 2010

yep they did it to me and I only just noticed. I rang them up and they said all they could do was cancel my membership with them and refund me the lsat £10 charge but they have been taking it from me since December so I wrote them a very nice email telling them kindly that I expected a refund otherwise I would find a way to take it higher and get my money back. I am fuming. Im a student living on £30 a week as it is, having £10 taken from me every month is not what I need

• Tr
      Oct 01, 2010

yes they have stolen £10 from my bank account with out my permission, i have never signed or agreed a membership with them.it is about time the police fraud sqaud got involved. T.a.roerts.

• He
      Oct 01, 2010

had the same done to me, found out that it was done via a link off mandm direct offering you a £15 discount, not obvious it was them and not fully told that it would be done after your next transaction, phoned, complained and got some money back

Oct 13, 2010

After buying Ryanair tickets we too got scammed by these SODS they shouldnt be allowed to get away with this...

• Sh
      Oct 21, 2010

maybe it will help you
    check question 4.

• So
      Oct 31, 2010

Who can tell me how to disable this Scam. They even have not sent me email alerts about this. I want to stop it right away. They are [censor].

Nov 09, 2010

Hello All:

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. You can do so by calling our customer service team at 0800 731 9935 (this is a free phone) or you can contact me directly at [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk. If you contact me directly, please reference this forum.

Regards,
    Mary

Nov 10, 2010

I have emailed these people and they say they are going to return our money to us I'm wating for my visa bill to confirm that keep you all posted...

• Li
      Nov 12, 2010

can someone please help me as they are still taking £10 a month from my account and i dont know how!!!im a single mother and cant afford to loose £10 every month!!!

Nov 12, 2010

Hello Lisamarie:

Please contact our customer service team at 0800 731 9935 (this is a free phone) or you can contact me directly at [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk. If you contact me directly, please reference this forum.

Regards,
    Mary

Nov 15, 2010

i booked a hotel on my card and when i was looking at my bank statement i noticed that shoppers-discount.co. UK also was taking money out of my account without me knowing i was so angry about this so u guys have to be so careful with what u do when paying buy card online.shoppers-discount said to me that they would refund all the money back great but why in the first place .

Nov 15, 2010

All the money has been returned to our Bank Account, so the Email worked . Thank You...

Dec 12, 2010

I have just noticed that £10 has been taken from my Halifax credit card. I have recently bought tickets through See Tickets and also for my local theatre online. I am emailing Mary at Shoppers Discounts today and will also be ringing my bank tomorrow. What use is Halifax 'Secure' if it's not secure?! I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to look back at the credit card statements to check that this is the only amount they have taken and will be warning all my friends and family of this scam. Liz

• Ev
      Dec 31, 2010

Same case here, I remember having bought a train ticket around the time it started but never really checked my credit card state. Now, I have realised £70 have been taken from it. I had never, ever signed anything to have £ 10 monthly taking from me!