Shell Gas Station / cashier threatened to call police on me for paying in change

1 4656 Highway 280. BIrmingham, United States Review updated:

I had 3 dollars in change and 3 dollars in cash I just needed gas to get back and forth to work to take care of my children. When I walked in she informed me she did not have to take the change I told her I would count it out to her. Then her friend walked up and she moved everything I had counted and said I could not hold up the rest of the customers which I wasnt trying to I was only trying to make sure every thing was correct. She messed up my counting and I informed her how rude she was being and she said she was going to call the police on me I told her go ahead. She called the manager of the station and he was not concerned at all. I informed him I would never come back to his store so they lost all my business for 3 dollars in change thats ashame. Maybe they will reconsider that for the next customer because I will never spend another penny at that store. There is a way to treat someone and they do not know how.

Cindy Buckner

Comments

• Th
      3rd of Dec, 2010

It is possible that the customer did not have time to go the bank first. Maybe it was before or after the bank's business hours. Since when does a business not want to be paid? So what if it's change? The problem here was with the attitude of the business personnel, not the customer. I have seen business refuse rolls of coins from customers because the rolls could be short. The business would have to take time to verify the contents. And, what if this customer did not have enough change to completely fill a roll? I will be traveling through this area twice in December and I have noted the address of this Shell station, 4656 Highway 280. Birmingham, AL, 35242, which I will also avoid.