SewingPatterns.com / extremely slow shipping, negligent customer service

1 2518 Lincoln BlvdMarina Del Rey CA 90291, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: no phone

I ordered 2 patterns from this online store 16 (!!!) days ago, and my order is still in their warehouse.
After waiting one week, I e-mailed them to check what is wrong with my order and why it has not been shipped yet. Got a reply that "one of your patterns is back-ordered, so your order will be shipped next week as soon as it will be available". (Please note, they didn't mentioned that this item is back-ordered on their web-site, neither did they e-mailed me to inform about the delay.) OK, I decided to wait until "next week". But nothing really happened "next week". Moreover, I e-mailed them asking about the update concerning my order and no one answered. So not only their customer department doesn't have a phone, it also can choose not to answer customer's e-mails, which is a sign of pure negligence.
So, after waiting for 16 days, I'm now canceling my order with them.
Do not order from them, the prices are lower by a few bucks, but you will wait for months literally for your order to arrive.
One more thing, there are a lot of nice words about their service in the testimonials part of their web site from "real people". After dealing with sewingpatterns.com, I doubt those real people exist.

An

Comments

• Se
      8th of Oct, 2008

Hi Anna,

We apologize that you have not received your patterns promptly. However, you were notified of the delay. Unfortunately, there have been some fullfilment delays with some of the pattern companies that effected when your order would arrive to you.

We appreciate your patience. You are a valued customer and your business is important to us.

I have emailed you personally, as well.

Anne