Servis / Bad service

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

We received our appliance, M9813 washer dryer approximately on the date above (cannot verify as we never received an invoice from Comet, the retailer). After 3-4 weeks of having the appliance, it seemed to have developed some niggling faults (ie, it used to leak water everywhere). We contacted Servis Customer Services to report the faults in the middle of August, and were given a date for an engineer to call. The engineer never called. We reported this to Servis, who made another appointment. Once again the engineer never called. For a third time we called Servis to report this, and was told by a customer service rep there was nothing on their system to say we has called to report the problem. I complained stating we had waited more than a reasonable amount of time (28 days) for the appliance to be fixed, and demanded we have a new replacement. Was told that a reasonable amount of time had not lapsed due to the fact that the clock only ticks down after an engineer has visited! We eventually got an engineer to come round on the 28th November, some three months after reporting the fault in the first place! Enginner stated the appliance was knackered, estimated the cost of repair, which happened to be greater than the cost of the item in the first place, then told us that due to it being so close to Christmas, and that the repair could not be carried out on site, and they had to wait for Servis to get the necessary parts, that the repair would be on the New Year! Bear in mind that this meant a repair would have taken at this time around 5 months! This was the last straw and so I phoned Servis in an irate mood. Due to the time of the day (Friday evening), there was apparently no managers or supervisors to speak to, and I was assured that someone would call on Monday (Christmas Eve). I had heard it all before and didn't believe it at all, but there was no point in arguing. To my surprise, a supervisor called on Monday and apologised for all the hassle, and said they would arrange a new machine to be delivered in the New Year. I was told that due to the model we had was no longer manufactured, it would have to be a different model, but was assured it was exactly the same specification. Success at last I thought.

At the start of the New Year, we received a call from a delivery service stating they would be bringing the replacement machine. They came first thing on the agreed morning, took the old machine, plumbed in the new one, and that was the end of it. Or so we thought. When we came to use the appliance, we opened the door to find that the drum was significantly smaller than the one we had originally purchased (5 litres compared to 7 litres). We bought the other one in the first place purely because of the size of the drum as we have a large family, with four young children. The replacement was no good to us, and it certainly wasn't a like for like replacement. We called Servis back instantly, and they told us that as we had accepted it, there was nothing they were willing to do. I moaned very loudly about this and was then told a manager would call back the very next day. They never did. This is despite the fact they never communicated to us the model of the replacement. If they had of, we could have checked and found out for ourselves it was significantly different. And to top it off, we looked online to check some stuff, and the replacement machine is over £100 less than the one we originally purchased! Suffice to say, Servis have not heard the last from us!

Va

Comments

• Ia
      6th of Oct, 2008

You're lucky you only waited three months!
    I bought a Servis washer/drier six months ago. After one month it broke down. An engineer came round and and said he's have to order some parts. Two weeks later I called up and they told me that they had received one of them but were waiting on the other.
    Forward four months and I called up last week (after weekly calls with them assuring me that they were still awaiting parts) and then last week they tell me that the engineer had been round in July and fixed the machine and closed off the call. So there's been three months where I've been told that they've been telling me that they're waiting for parts when the call was closed, three months of them weekly been promising to call me back and haven't.
    I finally after 45 minutes on hold got put through to head office where their official line is, well send someone out this week but bascially we don't give a flying ###, 5 months that my tenant has had to pay for a laundrette and 5 months of me looking like a bad landlord!