Save My Home USA / Didn't help

Save my home usa
Po Box 71547
Madison Heights
We hired SMHUSA on Jan 5 2009. to help us modify our home, they couldn't get anywhere with my bank, We lost our home on Monday and I have been calling the company for my refund, that they state 100% money back Guarantee if we are unable to give you a successful action plan that improves your current situation or gives you a variable option to stop or avoid forclosure, we will refund you money no questions asked. I can not get anywhere with these people. What a slap in the face, losing my home and 1995.00. I even talked to a rep that helped us get started with SMH and she no longer works with the company and is sueing them for payment herself. I can't believe that there are people out there willing to steal money from people who are in dispare. Heartbroken

A  28th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Call the owner Chad Buchanan at 248-658-2922. Tell him to issue you a refund within 5 business days or you will file a complaint with your state's Attorney General. If he does not willingly give you a refund, then contact your state AG to file a complaint. You will get your money back. The MI AG has filed 4 charges against SMHUSA. They are in deep.
N  28th of Jul, 2009 by
N  29th of Jul, 2009 by
lost my house save my home deceived into thinking they were going help, but only took my money and dodge all my calls on e mails, call Chad Buchanan also known as Jeffrie n get ur money back, i hate this company wish i would looked them up first,
A  4th of Aug, 2009 by
I am a current employee of SMHUSA. I may seem naive, but I am just learning of the fraudulent practices of my employers. I have done my best to help folks in what I once considered a noble job. I've spent the last week learning much of Chad's past. He was originally a loan officer at Ameriquest, but was fired for several counts of fraud then. He then started a string of super shifty businesses that have all served the same purpose: taking the money and running.
Don't let him get away with this again! I have learned more than just his past, I now know his future. He is pulling stake, and opening a new office in Troy, a seemingly non-profit organization called Franklin United. He goes by the names Chad Buchanan, Chad Jeffrey and Jeffrey Buchanan. I also know that SMHUSA goes by the pseudonym 2MM LLC.
He does exist, and is not off the radar of a good attorney. I know from experience that his attorney isn't nearly good enough to keep him out of trouble. Don't bother calling his office line, listed above, he will not answer or return calls. Call Mike Cox. Call a lawyer.
D  6th of Aug, 2009 by
If you are a client of SavemyhomeUSA and would like a refund here is the link to request a refund here is a link- this information is also in your processing agreement

http://www.savemyhomeusa.com/guarantee.html or call 888-4-SMHUSA and ask for Customer Care Department

******1st. Chad Buchanan is a manager of 2mm llc DBA Savemyhome. He was not fired from Ameriquest he quit when his managers pushed him to commit title fraud and close loans with no Appraisals - This is why Ameriquest is out of business and paid over 200 million in fines. If you would like you can contact Ameriquest Corp Hr dept and do a back ground check you will find the Chad ((( QUIT )))) *********

If you are a Minnesota client or were duped by Mike Miller or Al Mignone out of Eden Prairie, Mn - Please contact the Minnesota Attorney General - Who is currently doing a investigation on MSM and M & M Modification in conjunction with the Minnesota department of Commerce.

Mike Miller and Al Mignone out of Minnesota - MSM Modification - M & M Modifications - - Committed fraud and were shut off from doing business with SavemyhomeUSA - They now work with a attorney out of New York David Green who is only licensed in New York and is illegally giving kickback to M & M Modification for referrals - Bankattorney.us ----- Mike Miller and Al Mignone lied to clients and demanded commission asap before the processing center that does not sell the deals could figure out their scam.

Because of reps like Mike Miller and Al Mignone you see these articles every day on the news and TV about how someone down on their luck was swindled out of their last few dollars.

Michigan Attorney General -

Save my home USA was sited for 2 counts of violating the CSA act. This is comparable to running a red light or not wearing your seat bet and being pulled over by a police office. There was a 2, 000.00 fine that SavemyhomeUSA had to pay and change some verbiage on the website.

Save My home USA is a processing company we do everything we can to try to help clients modify their current mortgage . We do not guarantee we can stop foreclosure or get a specific rate because we do not issue the final terms - we help submit the proper documents to the clients lender to help the client receive the best offer from their bank. SavemyhomeUSA also does a Forensic audit on every file looking for holes and problems in the original documentation.

If you are a current client of SavemyhomeUSA and have questions you can contact your processor at 888-4-SMHUSA.
N  6th of Aug, 2009 by
This comapny is a joke. They play all nice but are full of it. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the Michigan Attorney General. Both can be done online. This company will not change its ways unless people complain. File with the BBB as well.
N  6th of Aug, 2009 by
This is Michael Miller, and yes I use to work for save my home. Me and my business partner Al Mignone did leave save my home when they stopped taken care of the customers. Chad Buchanan bottom line is money and did I mention that he is a tool and his two puppets will see who has the last laugh. The Attorney General of Michigan has contacted our office and you boys in Michigan are going to have to do a lot of explaining. Talk all you want, post your BS and keep posting that we are going out of business on craigslist. All you are doing is throwing gas on the fire. Keep it coming because we are going to. Chad you really have no room to talk, last time I check it is illegal to transport drugs from state to state. And you know what I am talking about; I am so glad that we that our phone system is so advanced. Chad we will see you in court with the consumers that you screwed and it to late to blame us for selling you product wrong. The Michigan Attorney General has the facts and the proof, you should have just paid us but you want to make up lies and put the blame on us. We are grown men! Not people under the influence of steroids yes I said it. You should have, never mind I have already said too much. See you when I see you.
D  8th of Aug, 2009 by
Mike Miller and Al Mignone I cant wait till you get served on monday for federal court. I wish you luck. Also we have refuned over 100 clients because of the way you conducted business.
N  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Mr. "good--luck" you had to refund over 100 (and more to come) of your victims money because of the way YOU conducted business. Mike and Al severed ties with you because you lied to them and your victims. Your victims are calling in asking why it's been 3 - 4 months and the underwriter is still asking them for updated documents. What's you BBB rating now? hahaha... And your new Franklin United "non-profit" website is a joke too. Bait and switch.
N  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Save My Home is a total joke! the owners are very out of touch. The in house attorney is a total dummy! They filed a false complant the court systems and now they have really ### up! All of the false ### that they are accusing M&M and the Law Office of David Green of, WOW it's on now i have a source that is going to crush these dummys and take down there scam operation. No more mister nice guy, I have a friend very close to them and i have proof of all there dirty secrets. I will be sharing there wierd way of keeping there books also the way they fire people when they question why money is moved around to so many accounts. Chad you screwed me so i will be infoming anyone that will listen to me. I think my first call will be to the IRS and watch all the chips fall. Chad i am coming straight for you .
N  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Stoopid is as stoopid does.
N  13th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Not true. Although it would delight the in house attorneys (there are only two of them) to believe that the only wrong done is by the occasional rogue sales rep that inflates clients expectations by claiming to get rate reductions the company and its management know are impossible. The thing is, I have worked directly with these jokers, in their office. I am an employee within Save My Home USA.
I have read emails that directly say that they are trying to "push through the remaining files" simply to get them over and done with, to make the transition to Franklin United. They have done mass lay offs in the past weeks, for which Chad Buchanan and Justin McCallum were conveniently out of the office for. The attorney, all be it friendly and helpful when he is allowed to be, is a total pushover and will say whatever Chad tells him. I've read many emails by him and recognize the candor as that of the in house attorney.
I find the comment regarding "running a red light" highly deplorable. Anyone in the drivers seat when it comes to homes in foreclosure NEEDS TO WATCH THE DAMN ROAD. The thing is, I've received calls from numerous clients in tears, wanting to know why nobody will return their calls. When these files are brought to the attention of upper management, they laugh and tell us to "send the call to voice mail".
Now, it is kind of dramatic to claim that everyone that works for them is evil. They aren't evil. They are real nice guys. But they are irresponsible and thus artful dodgers. They don't not answer their phones because they don't give a damn. They don't answer their phones because they are cowards who can't face the mess they have themselves created. Screw it, right, they've got good attorneys.
The fraud charges wouldn't stick. Two were dropped, one was taken under advisement. Chad, again, is getting away with it.
In my opinion, these guys need a spanking as much as they need jail time.
N  13th of Aug, 2009 by
Not sure Chad will get away with scamming the IRS too.
D  17th of Aug, 2009 by
I disagree with what you people are saying especially the comments from the employee. I was an employee and was laid off and I still completely disagree with you! Every day I went to work and did everything in my power to help my homeowners, when I couldn't I went to not only my supervisors (who are extremely helpful) I went to upper management. I was never told to push the file through, never told lie to a homeowner, never told to put message to voicemail! Every time I talked to them I was told either a suggestion, advice or they took the file to address the matter. I take complete offense to you people for stating these horrible things and implying that I worked and invested all my energy to a company that was just scamming people what a load of crap! As for the Michael Miller and Al Mignone issues...I personally had left numerous messages for these people on my customer’s files and wow...no return phone call! Go figure the one who casts the stone at glass houses. I personally took care of each and every one of my homeowners, I helped tons of customers in obtaining their modification that saved them hundreds of dollars per month AND helped them from the main goal of not losing their homes.
D  18th of Aug, 2009 by

If you worked for savemyhomeusa why did you stay if you did not like the people you worked for and i imagine they had many departments that took calls. If you could read and go on the michigan.gov website you would see that chad is not even a owner. I found the link because save my home did a good job for me and helped me save my home. http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_llc.asp?id_nbr=B0276L&name_entity=2MM, %20LLC, savemyhomeusa was the dba for this company.
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

N  18th of Aug, 2009 by
Homeowners fight for loan modifications from swamped mortgage servicers

By Pamela Yip

The Dallas Morning News (MCT)

DALLAS - After losing his job in January, Stuart Miller has fought hard to keep his home out of foreclosure.

At the end of May, the 55-year-old Plano, Texas, man began trying to get Wells Fargo & Co. to review his application for a loan modification.

After making repeated calls, he finally was told that the company would place a three-month moratorium on his mortgage payments.

"They're going to give me July, August and September, but I haven't paid June yet, " said Miller, a former trainer for a franchise company.

He's among many struggling homeowners who say their attempts to get a loan modification have been met with either long waits to get their case reviewed, no response at all or a runaround.

The Obama administration is leaning on mortgage servicers - the companies that collect and process mortgage payments - to step up modifications.

A report released last week by the Treasury Department showed wide variations in how quickly mortgage companies are helping troubled homeowners avoid foreclosures.

It also found the government's program is helping only a tiny fraction of struggling homeowners. As of July, only 9 percent of eligible borrowers had seen their mortgage payments reduced with modified loans, the report said.

"Much more progress is needed, " Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Shaun Donovan, secretary for Housing and Urban Development, wrote in a letter to mortgage companies. "There appears to be substantial variation among servicers in performance and borrower experience, as well as inconsistent results in converting trial modification offers into actual trial modifications."

Mortgage servicers said they're committed to working out more loan modifications, but they're overwhelmed by the number of homeowners all wanting help at the same time.

"It's a new ballgame, " said John Dalton, president of the Financial Services Roundtable's Housing Policy Council. "The delay is the fact that we've got 3 million people today who are 60 days past due on their loans. These servicers have not been accustomed to and were not geared up to deal with that many incoming calls with people having difficulty."

The industry also is reinventing itself to add loan modifications to its traditional role as the collector and processor of mortgage payments, he said.

"Loan modifications are a relatively new thing, " Dalton said.

A loan modification is different from a traditional mortgage refinancing. When you refinance, you sign a new contract for a new loan. A loan modification involves changing the existing loan by lengthening its term or lowering the interest rate so that you can continue to afford your mortgage payment.

Homeowners may be eligible for a loan modification if they have a mortgage payment greater than 31 percent of their monthly gross income and can document that a financial hardship has made the payment unaffordable.

Miller, the Plano homeowner, hopes he will soon receive a confirmation letter from Wells Fargo with the details of his loan modification. He said the process he underwent to get to this point was frustrating.

"My frustration is the time that it takes, " Miller said. "They have control of my financial life, and I can't talk to a decision-maker. They literally get to say whether I get to live in my house or my life gets completely turned upside-down, and I am literally at their mercy."

Wells Fargo officials said they're reviewing his situation.

"While the majority of our customers who request help are getting through to us and receiving the help they need, we know we've fallen short of our customer service goals in some cases, " Mike Heid, co-president of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, said this week. "We've recently undertaken new steps that will soon enable us to qualify most borrowers (for a modification)."

After I called a Wells Fargo spokesman for a response to Miller's situation, a company representative contacted him and told him that the financial institution would not report his delinquency to credit bureaus until his situation's resolved.

"I feel better now that I have a name of a person to talk to, " Miller said.

Bonnie Mathias of Dallas hopes for a similar outcome. She has applied for a loan modification with her servicer, CitiMortgage.

"It's been a nightmare, " said Mathias, a customer service representative at AT&T Advertising Solutions.

Her husband's company, which sold commercial exercise equipment, went out of business last September. He found another job, but his income is lower now.

Mathias applied for a loan modification in February.

"I'm having a difficult time getting my counselor from CitiMortgage to contact me, " said Mathias, a chapter leader at ACORN, the community organization that has been putting pressure on mortgage companies to help struggling homeowners. "This is my second counselor, and I have yet to talk to either one of them."

Mathias received a letter last month from a Citi representative saying she had been trying to reach Mathias.

"I have left four messages on her voice mail, " she said.

Despite the difficulty, Mathias doesn't plan to give up and advises others to do the same.

"Persistence absolutely is the key, " she said. "Do not give up."

When you apply, have at the ready the necessary documents, such as tax returns, pay stubs and a letter describing why your mortgage is unaffordable, and what caused your income to fall or expenses to rise. Not having the necessary documents will gum up the process of getting a loan modification.

And if anyone says you have to be behind on your mortgage payment to be eligible, don't believe them.

Homeowners are eligible if they are "at risk of imminent default."

Unfortunately, many responsible homeowners have been thrown into financial chaos by the sour economy and are now at risk of default.

They're making desperate, good-faith attempts to save their homes. It behooves mortgage servicers to move much faster to help those people.

- www.makinghomeaffordable.gov - The Obama administration's program to help troubled homeowners avoid foreclosure.

- www.hopenow.com - A group of counselors, mortgage companies, investors and other mortgage market participants formed to help distressed homeowners. Call toll-free 1-888-995-4673 to reach credit counselors to who can help you with options.

- ACORN Housing - Call 214-823-4580 to find a housing counselor for free help.

SOURCE: Dallas Morning News research

(c) 2009, The Dallas Morning News.

Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services.
Loan Modificaiton Fraud - SCAM - ATTORNEY GENERAL
Complaint Rating: 0 % with 0 votes
Company information:
Madison Heights, Michigan

Best Loan Modification Companies - How to Stop Foreclosure

Countrywide consumers have many question right now concerning Loan Modification Companies and the legitimacy of loan modification programs. However, it has been proven that Loan Modifications are a reality and that it is possible to stop foreclosure proceedings through them.

According to Hector Milla editor of the “Best Loan Modification Companies” website -- www.BestLoanModificationCompanies.com -- through a loan mod those facing a foreclose proceeding are able to;

“… lower their payments, secondly they can get a lower interest rate and they can lower their overall principal, finally they are able to stop foreclosure immediately once they get the loan modified …

But that is not all, the value of homes has decreased and it is very likely that the value of houses close to be foreclosed has been decreased too, then it is possible to save in taxes, a visit to the county tax assessor is highly suggested, see the home values in the area and get information about the way to lower taxes based on the decrease. It is very likely that, if a reduction in taxes is granted that value will be maintained for some time.

H. Milla added “several people are trying to get their loan modified by themselves, that it is not recommendable if you don’t have some type of real estate background, the paper work can be tricky sometimes, trying to save some money can produce devastating effects in the future by misinterpreting the paperwork involved. The best and smart move is research in order to find a reputable company to handle your loan modification…”

The number of people desperate to save their homes is enormous nowadays, so lenders are more than willing to help borrowers to resolve foreclosure problems, those that do not know how to stop foreclosure should get --once again-- help from one of the best debt consolidation companies in the market. A home is a dream, use all possible alternatives to keep that dream alive.

Source: http://www.bestloanmodificationcompanies.com

Visit for further information, this website has listed the best 3 rated loan modification companies.
N  19th of Aug, 2009 by
How Can I Get a Loan Modification and Eliminate My Second Mortgage?

One of the trickier aspects of loan modification involves second mortgages. Before the market plummeted, many lenders offered 100% financing programs, through the 80/20 program. A first mortgage would be given for 80% of the sales price and a second mortgage would be given for the additional 20%. When lenders started foreclosure proceedings, the second mortgages were often written off as losses since property values declined so quickly.

In an effort to stall foreclosures, many homeowners would file bankruptcy prior to the sale date, which in essence held up the foreclosure for a few months.

Bankruptcy laws allow judges to approve certain loan modifications and even give them authority to remove or "strip" the second mortgage lien. This process is only approved under certain circumstances. It is available to those trying to reorganize their debts under a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

A Chapter 13 allows the court to reorganize a persons debt, but they cannot change a homestead mortgage. There are certain sections of bankruptcy laws that clearly state that a debt or lien is only secure to the extent of the asset's value. If there is a second mortgage that exceeds the value of the property, than that debt technically is unsecured.

If you purchased with a 100% financing program, or if you obtained a second mortgage prior to the market crash, you have a fair chance of getting if removed. The court will probably require an appraisal to determine the current property value and it is possible that your second mortgage company might file a motion opposing it. It's not the norm, but it can happen. Once you have the court's approval and have made your payment plans you can get a discharge from the court which in essence extinguishes the second mortgage.

Many laws vary from state to state. Before filing any sort of bankruptcy, it is in your best interest to consult with an attorney specializing in bankruptcy. Everyone's situation is different and there is no one size fits all plan when modifying.
D  20th of Aug, 2009 by
Litton Loan Complaints Continue Following Settlement
Distressed homeowners target Goldman Sachs subsidiary

By Jon Hood

August 19, 2009

Litton Loan

• Litton Loan Complaints Continue Following Settlement
• Consumer Complaints about Litton
Four months after Litton Loan Services settled a class action accusing the company of imposing bogus late fees, complaints about Litton continue to roll into ConsumerAffairs.com. Some consumers allege that Litton failed to timely post payments to their accounts, the main issue in the class action. Still others get the run-around from the mortgage servicing company on the possibility of receiving a loan adjustment, leading to confusion and, in many cases, the threat of foreclosure.

As a “loan servicer, ” Litton -- owned by Goldman Sachs -- handles the operational aspects of consumer loans: sending out statements, receiving and tracking payments, notifying consumers of overdue payments, and initiating foreclosure proceedings.

In April, Litton settled a class-action lawsuit alleging that the company failed to credit borrowers' mortgage payments in a timely fashion, then turned around and charged late fees for the purportedly tardy payments. In some cases, consumers' accounts were put into default. The suit covered all homeowners whose mortgage transaction was transferred or sold to Litton between October 2002 and February 2009, and who were charged erroneous late fees within 60 days of the transfer.

Litton tracks consumer payment records using a complex automated servicing platform. Known as “Risk Assessment Default Analytic and Reporting” (or “RADAR”), the system transfers information from primary lenders to Litton for processing. This procedure is known as the “boarding process.” According to the suit, RADAR glitches were the main cause of payments being wrongly flagged as late.

In court papers, former Litton employee Debra Murray said that “[I]t was … common that information regarding loan histories was improperly transferred from the prior lender during the loan boarding process.” Murray further said that 95% of consumer complaints “were caused by Litton's mistakes in servicing the borrowers' loans and were resolved in favor of the borrower.” The bulk of these complaints alleged that Litton failed to credit consumers for payments they had already made.

Murray also said that Litton was becoming overwhelmed by the number of accounts it handled, and became increasingly careless and negligent as a result.

For example, Murray said that when a payment couldn't be matched to an account, it was placed in a catch-all “payment clearing account, ” where it sat for months or even years. Meanwhile, the account of the consumer who sent in the payment went into default, collecting late fees and sometimes ending up in foreclosure. Murray also said that, when she found a missing payment, she was instructed to apply it as of the day it was discovered, rather than the date it was received. This, too, caused customers who sent their payments in on time to be assessed a late fee.

In July 2007, a federal judge in California certified a class of plaintiffs alleging claims under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, or RESPA. The case was settled in April; as part of the agreement, Litton agreed to create a settlement fund containing $537, 500, from which plaintiffs can draw up to $60 each. The narrow definition of the class and relatively small settlement amount likely left some consumers disappointed, but it at least signaled that Litton was willing to put the issue to rest.
Loan modifications

Four months after approval of the settlement, ConsumerAffairs.com continues to be bombarded with Litton complaints. An overwhelming number of homeowners report that they were promised a loan modification, only to be told months later that they did not qualify. In some cases, Litton dragged the process out by claiming they haven't received necessary paperwork or that the evaluation is taking longer than expected; in many cases the delay is so great that consumers come dangerously close to foreclosure.
In fact, it wasn't until earlier this month that Litton began officially participating in the federal government's mortgage modification program, the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).

Low-income advocacy group ACORN labeled mortgage servicers that don't participate in the program as "homewreckers, " but Litton and HomEq, the only other lender that had failed to participate in the program, have since announced they'll start doing so.

Litton said it has offered more than 35, 000 trial modifications using terms "consistent with the Treasury program" since it was announced. Litton modified another 44, 000 loans, the company said, in the 12 months before the start of the program.

"Our company has used modifications as the primary method of helping homeowners avoid foreclosure. In the 12 months prior to the announcement of the Home Affordable Modification program, we modified more than 44, 000 loans, representing about 10% of our loan portfolio. As the details of the federal program emerged, we continued to modify loans, and by adopting this program, we will continue to make every effort to keep homeowners in their homes, ” said Larry B. Litton, Jr., Litton’s president and CEO.

Litton said customers who are having difficulty making their mortgage payments are encouraged to call (800) 247-9727 or visit www.littonloan.com to determine if they are eligible for a modification or other loan workout solution.
Homeowners beg to differ

But homeowners who have sought assistance from Litton say the process isn't as easy as the company claims.

Al of Empire, MI writes:

I applied for a loan modification March 4, 2009. Since that time I have sent all requested documents and forms including tax forms, proof of pension and SS income. These documents were claimed via phone conversation as "haven't been received" or "in review" or "I can't tell you" or "we'll let you know in writing. They would never commit to a process or approximate date. Now as of July 28, 2009, nothing.

Delianes of Miami, FL had a similar experience:

In December 2008 I had requested a loan modification to Litton Loan Services. I was paying my monthly payments on time but struggling in order to keep my loan current. They told me that it takes aprox 90 days. A month after I called them and they said that they never received any documents, even though I had the fax confirmation, I faxed all the documents again. A month later they sent me a letter that my request was denied because we had insufficient income.

Barbara of Bowie, MD has waited over two months for a response. Barbara writes:

I contacted Litton to receive a loan modification and sent them all the paper work. They stated they will do a worked out a plan to decrease my paments. In April 2009, I spoke with a Litton representative regarding my loan modification. It is now June 2009 and … I have not heard from Litton Loan Servicing Company. I don't know if Litton really modifies loans. According to there website they help people to stay out of foreclosure.
Payments held

More disturbingly, some consumers also complain that Litton is still holding mortgage payments they sent in long ago. Missy of Northlewisburg, OH writes:

They held mortgage payments we did make for reasons I don't know. Some are still being held today. So it looks like we are behind on payments.

Mary of Vista, CA says that Litton failed to apply payments to her escrow account:

Loan modification since Oct 2008. I have had nothing but problems with this company. Paid 1, 500 towards the escrow account yet they did not apply it towards the account. Now they say I owe 3, 500 toward escrow account. I recently paid 900 towards escrow account they are not showing that paid.
More litigation?

If Litton is again applying payments late, they are putting themselves at risk of incurring a second class action, or at least a number of individual lawsuits. While consumers covered by the first settlement agreement are unable to pursue further claims, the same is not true of homeowners who fall outside the class definition. The Supreme Court has held that class actions only bar subsequent actions if they could have been litigated during the original suit.

Litton's practices with regard to loan modification could also put it on shaky legal ground, given the strict disclosure requirements imposed by the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and other federal legislation.

Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/08/litton.html#ixzz0OjIRqxWg