Saint Agnes Medical Centerhealthcare

1 Review updated:

I went to Saint Agnes today with a simple medical problem that could have been taken care of with the right prescription and some advice. Instead, I was forced to wait with the flotsam and jetsam of Fresno County for 3 1/2 hours in several rooms before being seen by a half-baked PA who wrote a prescription for a day and a half's worth of medication, even though I told her that I could not get in to see my primary care physician for a week.
I actually received good, adequate treatment at Saint Agnes once. Once.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Fresno, CA It was a while back. They must have made a clerical error and a competent PA slipped past them.
Don't expect even halfway decent medical care there. Do, however, expect to spend at least half of your day being shuffled from here to there and back again before being "seen" by whoever (or whatever) they could lure to work in their lousy ER. And they love to run up your insurance bill by doing EKGs, X-rays and bloodwork that is totally unnecessary. After today's debacle, I fully intend to pay it forward - with a smile on my face.

Un
Jan 17, 2015

Comments

• Re
      Jan 18, 2015

Unless you went by ambulance, you don't have anything to complain about. In September I went to the ER by ambulance and I was extremely week from an illness that had come on real suddenly, and I laid in the ER for more than 2 1/2 hours before seeing a doctor and being admitted to the hospital, and had surgery the next day. So you actually went to the ER for a minor problem that could have been taken care of with a prescription and advice. IF you had called your regular doctor he/she more than likely would have done the same over the phone. From the tone of your complaint you must think you are better than as you put it the flotsam and jetsam of Fresno County. Honey! I have news for you we are all created equal. You go to the ER, you can expect to have tests, if you knew so much about your condition you wouldn't have been seeking medical treatment. From what I could gather from my trip to the ER most of the people waiting to be seen were there with minor complaints like yours. I have never had any time for people that go to the ER with minor illnesses. I am 74 and have only been to the ER twice. The first time I had fallen and broke my arm, and the last time was in September. Being I didn't have insurance when I was younger I made sure I took care of myself and sought medical advice any time I thought a cold or whatever, was something I couldn't take care of at home.

• Th
      Jan 18, 2015

Red Hatter, it sounds like you might be part of the "flotsam and jetsam of Fresno County."

West Fresno, perhaps?

• Re
      Jan 19, 2015

I am a life long resident of South Dakota. Have never been to CA and have no desire to be there. The only times I have ever been in an Emergency Room was because of true emergencies.