Safeway / overcharged

415 14th St SE, Washington, DC, United States Review updated:

I was overcharged for catfish that as on sale (charged the regular price, not the sale price, even though my Safeway discount card gave discounts on other items I bought). I later discovered the weight of my vegetables was almost twice what the scale in the store and my scale at home measured the weight of my produce to be. This is intolerable.

Comments

• So
      1st of Jul, 2011

I picked up two sandwiches which were clearly priced with big, round red stickers as being 2/$2.49. The original prices, still on them in the barcode area, had the price $3.49 (one dollar more). The red sticker had some smaller type under the price--"$2.49 each when you buy 2 or more" and then below that in even smaller letters "Card Price $2.99". This is the second time this has happened to me.

The first time, I took these from the self-checkout and called over a cashier for help. He explained that "I should have used a card". These are safeway cards, BTW, and I don't have one. When I got back, I found the price had been reduced, all the same. The second time, I did not think to look at the receipt until I had gotten back.

Anyway, if the cashier were right about this referring to a card price, then the sticker is still confusing. It seems to imply that I'd pay more if I used a card. What I am supposed to infer is that the $2.49 is a reduction from the usual card price, and this is a _special_ card price. Not what it seemed at all.

I call this a rip-off.

• So
      1st of Jul, 2011

Oh, I forgot to mention, the price I had to pay was the full $3.49.

• La
      14th of Oct, 2011

Caught on Camera HOME FOR RATS INSECTS, RUSTY DIRTY SHOPPING CARTS ..SAFEWAY AT 116 University Blvd., Silver Spring Maryland 20901 (301) 593-7526
    send your complaint to these top safeway managers we are working on a class action save your emails

Steven.[protected]@safeway.com
    Melissa.[protected]@safeway.com
    Robert.[protected]@safeway.com
    Robert.[protected]@safeway.com
    Russell.[protected]@safeway.com

Safeway Pharmacy is under investigation for the use of sub-standard generics, mislabeling pharmaceuticals, negligence, professional misconduct, incompetence, prescription errors and HIPPA violations. If you have concerns or complaints about Safeway Pharmacy please contact: California State Board of Pharmacy ** ** **.