Safeway Inc. / disrespectful employee behavior

1 4203 Davenport St NW Washington, United States Review updated:
Phone: (202) 364-0290

I went to Safeway, early in the morning, to pick up items to make tuna salad at work. When I asked the employee in the dairy area where to find hard boiled eggs I was rudely told, "Damn, you don't want to have to do anything do you!". Shocked and not ready to engage this man that early in the morning, I made my way to the deli department and asked the employee if she knew where hard boiled eggs may be found and was told they didn't have any packaged but were available at the salad bar. When I found them and picked up a container to put them in, that crazy lady yells across the deli counter, "What you need to do is say, Mam can you please help me - I need some hard boiled eggs from the salad bar". When she knew I wanted hard boiled eggs, why didn't she get them for me when I asked and then to aggravate me with a lecture on how to ask her properly! This behavior is outrageous and unacceptable!

Comments

• St
      29th of Aug, 2009

I just cannot believe those two employees! I would expect quality top-notch Customer Service at Safeway if I am going to purchase their way overpriced items.

• Fo
      18th of Oct, 2009

Not to excuse the individuals' behavior but Safeway employees are a very put-upon lot.

They're grievously underpaid and are routinely sent to "smile school" for corporate indoctrination.

The corporation itself is sleazy: at check out one is asked to donate to the cause du jour & if you do, Safeway puts your donation into an acct and makes interest off it. Then it donates your money claiming it's from the corporation itself.

Pretty darn disgusting--making money off your donation & claiming it as its own.