RushMyPassport.com / Took my money, did not provide service
I needed a passport, so I filled out an online order form from Expedited Travel to purchase a service to "expedite" applying for a passport. I purchased this service in JUNE 2008. My trip was not until OCTOBER 2008. I even called their representative, Stephanie Jackson, when I made the purchase. I told her my trip was October. She NEVER told me that I did NOT need to use their service. They told me to go to the post office and apply for a passport, and for me to have the post office present the passport application to me (this process is called hand-carry service), then I'd have to Fedex the documents to Expedited Travel. The post office said hand-carry service is completely unnecessary in my case because my trip is months away, and that they would have my passport at my door in 1-2 weeks WITHOUT using Expedited Travel. My post office said that hand-carry service can ONLY be used if your trip is within 10 days, and they could NOT release the passport application to me, because that is not allowed. The post office REFUSED to provide hand-carry service. They tried to call Expedited Travel for me. but no one answered the phone. They told me I should get my money back from Expedited Travel. Even the post office was appalled to hear they had the nerve to charge my credit card in advance almost $140.00 for a service that was clearly NOT needed. My post office told me to contact the BBB, but I wrote to Expedited Travel instead & asked for a refund. I paid them in June with my Chase card. Expedited Travel stated I had to fill out a refund form, so I did. Now they say they will not refund my money. They did NOTHING for me, and provided NO service for me. All they did was take my money. Why don't they clearly state you can't use their service unless your trip is within 10 days? If it said that, I NEVER would have placed an order. How can they take my money for a service the post office provides alone?
More RushMyPassport.com Complaints & Reviews
- RushMyPassport.com - Credit Card Charged and No Passport 
- RushMyPassport.com - Fraud 
- RushMyPassport.com - lack of full refund 
- RushMyPassport.com - Passport 
- Rushmypassport.com / Expeditedtravel.com - Unethical business practices 
- RushMyPassport.com - Expediting Passport
- RushMyPassport.com - No refund so far
- RushMyPassport.com - Passport fiasco!
- RushMyPassport.com - Charged my credit card $200 for a service they never performed!
- RushMyPassport.com - Credit card charged for a service I did not use