Rui / bedbugs

1 Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas El Medano Ejidal, 23453 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico, Mexico

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Debra Finney wrote:
#1Our trip started with a 2 and a half hour delay because we had to stop in Windsor to fuel after leaving Toronto. We find out that is because our plane had to carry luggage from another Sunning plane that didn't have room and we were over weight and need more fuel. Sunwing had a large group of people (PCI) traveling from various places to this RUI and our place was elected to carry another planes luggage that they didn't have room on theres.
#2 We missed the whole day Sunday of our trip because of this delay, checking in with ALL of these people and the big kicker was finally getting to our room and finding a mattress FULL OF BEDBUGS!
#3 We go straight back to the desk and wait in line again! They told us we had to stay in that BEDBUG INFESTED room because they were 400% full!
#4 It took me three desk clerks and finally a night manager to finally change our room. I wanted out of that area because I was grossed out by the amount of bugs I that was two doors away. They refused to move us from that area.
#5 I went to the Sunwing rep the very next morning and told her our problem. Told her we wanted to go home and couldn't handle staying there with the bugs. I was told that you only fly Thursdays and Sundays from that area. Leaving was not an option until Thursday.
#6 We were emotionally drained and grossed out the whole trip. We kept checking our bed, the room and our things for bugs the WHOLE trip! We couldn't relax fearing we were going total them home with us or they were going to bite us.
#7 We met with the hotel manager and she insisted they were ants and not bedbugs. I argued with her for over an hour and she would not do a thing for us. My husband has tree related seizures. He had two that night after that meeting.
#8 We met the next day 2 hotel imagers and our Sunning rep. They still refused to admit they have BEDBUGS.They said they would (Sunwing and the RUI) would refund us two days of our stay. We told them we wanted to leave and we were physically and emotionally drained and could not enjoy staying there. We wanted to leave(this was Wednesday) with a full refund. They offered us a two day refund(flight and hotel) but we had to sign a blank legal document with no $ amount and held us liable for telling they had bedbugs. They also said if we left with a full refund we would have to leave right then. We would have to find a new hotel to stay and our own flight home. We could fly home with Sunning the next day for an additional $1, 000! We did not have a credit card with us or enough cash to do either. WE WERE BEING BULLIED BY YOUR SUNWING REP AND THE HOTEL! They had us and unless we signed this plan legal document (which they would not give me a copy of) or get out in a foreign country without means to protect or provide for ourselves. What would you do? We didn't have a choice. My husband had another seizure after that meeting. #3 now.
#9 I asked the Sunning rep ow she could agree with them that they were ants and offered to show her my videos of ALL the BEDBUGS. She said the manager from the hotel sent her the video. That was not possible because I DID NOT GIVE THEM MY PICTURES of VIDEOS. I asked to see the video. It was NOT my video(surprise)! It was a video from some other person showing an ant on a mattress at their hotel! The Sunning rep was VERY upset they lied to her and asked me to send her my videos. I did that the I got home.
#10 We were at the pool and talking to a nice couple who had their wedding there. We told them about our situation...their guest stayed in that very room with bedbugs for their wedding! They went back to their room and this was a room with a private pool...THEY FOUND BEDBUGS in their room. Their parents were there too...they looked because the father had bites. THEY HAD BEDBUGS TOO!
#11 Another seizure for my husband and he was then physically ill, throwing up and diarrhea on top of the seizure. This was a vacation from HELL!
#12 He loses a day every single time he has a seizure. It exhaust him and all he can do is sleep it off. So, you tell me how many days we relaxed and enjoyed this vacation.
#13 The morning we are packing to go home, THERE IS A BEDBUG crawling across our bed! I went to the manager (George) to show him this bedbug I had trapped in a coke bottle. He walked away from me and ran to the back where I could not go. I have a picture of him doing this. He would not even listen to me. We left half out things there that we could not heat to a high enough heat to kill bedbugs, We had no choice but to keep our suitcases and put them in our car for the 4 hour ride home. It was that or throw all our clothes away or carry them piece by piece on the plane...which I'm sure they had bugs on them too. So, the lesser of two evils was to leave two carry on bags there, my purse, wallets, laptop case, iPhone cases along with other things that wouldn't fit.
NO WE DO NOT WANT TWO DAYS BACK! WE WANT OUR $3, 600 full refund plus reimbursement for our loss of personal items. I will also have a medical bill from our doctor. My husband has an appointment Wednesday because he still is not feeling well from this week of hell.
You let me know what you would like to do. I do have pictures, videos, names of the other four people who had bedbugs in their rooms too. I would respect a refund in my account of $3, 600 by the end of the week. That will at least give us some hope SUNWING and RUI really do care.

De