Roomful Express / I will never do business with them again

United States Review updated:
3.15

In December 2006 my husband bought me a table and chairs for Christmas. In April I noticed that the table was peeling and one chair cushions was also having a problem. I called Roomful Express in May and the company sent out a gentlemen to look at the items. Roomful Express was to replace the table top and the chair cushion. It is now October and Roomful Express still has not replaced the items. Every time I call to find out what is going on the keep telling us that its the manufacturer they are waiting to hear from. I recently found out that the manufacturer no longer makes this table or chairs. I will never do business with them again.

Comments

Be
  2nd of Nov, 2007
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
they screwed me over also I ordered a futon mattress 2 months ago and still have not received it. I called them and they still never responded me and now I hear they are bankrupt!! What can I possibly do to get my money back???
Cu
  20th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
This is Roomful Express Customer Support.

We are sorry that you feel that you have had a bad experience with our company and products. Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We will be happy to have the opportunity to resolve your problem if you would call us with details.

We can confirm that we are not bankrupt or in any financial trouble. Any customers that have legitimate issues with our products are requested to call us and we will do everything we can to resolve them.

Please call us at (888) 696-7378 - Monday thru Saturday 8:00 am-7:00 pm EST or email us at customersupport@roomfulexpress.com.
My
  16th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Do NOT do business with Roomful Express!I bought a table and chair set from them and twice they delivered the wrong bench...They then agreed they did not have the correct bench to match so I had it picked up for return. When I got my return check for the furniture it was minus the delivery charge.I was told that was spelled out in the folder they give you once you've paid for the furniture and are going out the door. So for $79.99, they have lost a 15 year customer.They have the worst customer service dept I have ever dealt with.
We
  30th of Jul, 2008
I bought funiture in March 2008 it is know July 2008 and the stuff is falling apart they want to send a repair man. I do not wan the stuff fixed I want my money back and they can take the junk
Tr
  5th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree, I'd never purchase from Roomful Express again. I bought a bedroom set and it was delivered without the rails. I went into the store and they advised me my salesperson was cut from the staff because of downsizing so I had to deal with someone else who had no clue what parts I needed.
She gave me the customer service number and a manager named Jen was really rude and short with me. OVER THEIR ERROR!

I'll stick with Levin!
Kr
  4th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
After spending over $2000 in furniture, I can't get them to commit to a delivery date. First I was told 48 hours. Then I was told 10 days. Now, on the date of scheduled delivery, I find out they're not coming today and that I have to wait yet another week. So I missed a day of work today for nothing AND I have to miss another one next week because they can't be bothered to send a delivery truck back to the warehouse today. Their customer service refuses to rectify the situation. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling the entire order. And I can promise I will never step foot in that store again.
He
  16th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i agree with all these people. do not do business with them. Either your item will need replaced, or it's just made wrong all together by some 12 year old overseas and you'll have to go find something else, or you'll realize furniture was delievered damaged, be told it's no longer made and have to go pick somehting else out again. We've spent over 8000 in that place and so far have had problems with all of it. And customer service are rude, and just repeat what their told. Will never deal with them again. And i tell all my family and friends the same thing
Re
  27th of Mar, 2009

Roomful Express - not getting my sofa
Roomful express
Uniontown
Pennsylvania

I bought a sectional in Jan.09. I was told it would be at the story for pick-up withit 2 weeks. Well after many phone calls on my end, many visits to the store, they decided to cancell my order in late March in to inform me of this. My husband called the headquaters and they told him my order was cancelled.
Wa
  28th of Apr, 2009
I agree, as a former employee I can tell you that Roomful Express customer service is rude, they do not care about the company or its customers as long as they get their money the heck with the rest of us.

Also, there is almost nothing in stock it can take up to 6 or 8 weeks efore your merchandise is delivered to you but do not try to pick your merchandise up at the store as they will charge you a $15 PICK-UP FEE. What a fee to pick up your merchandise from the store? Thats crazy.

Watch the sales also as they base everyhing on a compare at price that they pull from the air.
Lo
  31st of Jul, 2009

Roomful Express - False Advertisement about FREE trip
Roomful Express
Pennsylvania

ROOMFUL EXPRESS BUYER BEWARE!!!

If you purchased furniture at Roomful Express for the “FREE TRIP” which is a bunch of BULL…. Beware….. If you have purschased this trip and want to know all the problems I am having please email me at loristange@hotmail.com Looking to find other people are having problems I would appreciate talking with you……There is strength in numbers
Li
  30th of Aug, 2010
On May 20 I purchased a mattress from Roomful Express. At first they told me I could have a $100.00 gift certificate from Bath and Body and Free sheets, along with other offers. When it came down to it they took the gift certificate and the other offers off and applied it to the price of the mattress. I waited over 3 months for my sheets, I called them at least 3 times and told it took time for them to arrive. Then it was give it a little longer, now today I was told by customer service that I got a 10% discount on the mattress instead of the sheets. I think it would have been nice to have been told at the time of the purchase, expecially when I insisted on the sheets. Customer service offered me a $50.00 gift certificate on a future purchase. I figured if you lie to me I will never be back in your store again.That is what I told him.
Ra
  30th of Nov, 2010
I purchased a futon on oct 4, 2010 --when delivered the delivery person wanted me to sign a release that roomful express was not liable for any damage to the furniture or my home. I would not sign it. After I told them to take it back they said I didn, t have to sign they would bring it in. After bringing it in they discovered there was no frame where the legs were to be mounted. They took it back and said they would refund my money. I have been lied to by customer service first they said ity would take 48hrs. to post---then 15 days---then they said they were changing banks and that is why i havn, t got my refund. They are LIARS and RIPOFFS. I will be contacting the BBB and filing charges in small claims court. Dont't buy from this company!!!
Tr
  8th of Feb, 2011
I worked for this company about 10 years ago and they way it was ran was on greed based, I bought furniture in October 2010 said it would be in by Nov. 20th never came also was to get the free TV. Next finally it comes in and I get it December 2nd. 2010. Now with this comes the free TV. Which 2 days or so after I find that they are closing. Now I had to call about the TV and they said oh since we are going out of business that best buy isn't honoring its contract. The worst is yet I have put in a service order since the ASHLEY SECTIONAL SEAT CUSHIONS ARE FALLING APART. i HAVE 30 DAY MONEY BACK AND OR REPLACEMENT RIGHT, well no they sent a tech to replace them which was 2 weeks ago Jan 2011 middle and he was here for 4 hours he was the original tech that came and graded the damage and at that point said it needs replaced not repaired. So 4 hours to replace 4 seats complete. Now it is Feb 9 2011 and guess what same problem. No resolution. What am I to do keep have service calls for the time i am allotted for service. I want my money back so I can spend my 2300.00 somewhere that deserves it. Do even buy the closet out you'll be sorry and if they re open under another name don't go there either. This is just one of seats and the material is god awful it is like the cheapest towel in the world it has string fibers with balls of it hanging off, its disgusting. These new seats are diffrent color then the rests and all 5 seats are the same mess.