Roaring Tiger / Deceptive Sales Practices

Company offers a free trial for a week. It was a product that I wasn't too excited about from the beginning, but figured it was worth trying for a free trial. I used it once, and not good or bad, just nothing. Threw the rest in the trash, and moved on with my day. A week later, I was billed for enrolling in a program. I immediately canceled, but was not granted a refund. Then received the following message below. The key part being "The Terms that you agreed to were very clear". They are not very clear, in fact it is in very small writing under the conditions. Wouldn't a legitimate company place this in clear writing at the top of the page, rather than in small hidden verbage? If there product is so good, why do they need to deceive people out of one month? Why wouldn't they just sell one month's supply?

The terms that you accepted when agreeing to receive our Free Trial offer stipulate that you are automatically enrolled in our Preferred Customer program.
The Terms that you agreed to were very clear. Here is the link again, if you wish to re-read:

Since you elected to receive the free trial for the Loading Phase, you are obligated to purchase a one month supply at the discounted price. I apologize for the inconvenience; however due to these Terms and Conditions your order is non refundable.

Please keep in mind that the first month's shipment is NON-REFUNDABLE.

Optimum results from this are achieved by allowing it to level out in the bloodstream over the course of 90 days. There are no negative side effects so there is no harm in continuing to take it in an ongoing manner. Your account has been cancelled; however your order is non refundable.

Let us know if you have any other questions or comments.

A  6th of Apr, 2010 by

I had the exact same problem. Very unclear on the terms and conditions. I specifically look for those kind of things on a free trial. There was none until its convenient for them. Anyway, I got a hold of the State Attorney General fraud department, I will keep you posted on what happens. I also disputed the charge on my credit card and sent their crap back, return to sender unopened. Yes, this is sneaky underhanded selling techniques and let's hope they get in trouble.