Rite Aid / false advertising

Ka Ypsilanti, MI Review updated:

Rite Aid advertises prices in the store and when you get to the cash register the price charged is not the advertised sale price, but up to $1 more. This has happened to me several times and I catch it and they blame it on corporate. The cashier states that the corporation sends them the sales prices, and that all of the upc coding that is scanned at the register is through corporate and that they have no control of it. Perhaps if the manager of the store notified corporate about this problem it could be fixed. I shop here due to the fact that it is close to my home, but I can certainly make other arrangements. Another shopper who was in line before me caught this happening while purchasing a completely different product today and so I have concluded that this is a practice that is perpetrated often and probably goes unnoticed by many customers, and ends up making a lot of money for either corporate, or the store in question. It is a shame that we can not even count on our local drugstore to charge the advertised price unless we are hyper-vigilante about checking the receipt while still trying to be courteous to the customers in line behind us. I believe that Rite Aid counts on this. Shame!

Comments

• Mi
      Oct 25, 2010

I complained about Allison doing a pick up on my drawer and not allowing me to count it right away and her sister using the employee bathroom/staying in the cash office with her when she does not work for the company, I also told Denny from corporate about the store manager Ken pulling my hair twice and trying to cut my ponytail off, he said he would be back next week to discuss my accussations with Ken, now my drawer is coming up short or its being tampered with before my shift what gives? Stormie, Pittsburgh #268

Nov 02, 2010

On Sunday I helped deture a shop lifter that was prosecuted by our store years ago, and what do I get for my trouble, Monday morningKen the store manager puts a twenty dollar bill in my bundle of ones and whats more frustrating he left hours before I needed the stack, are you kidding me. If this is how you treat employees that file sexual harrassment complaints about store managers something is wrong.

Nov 02, 2010

Whats the point of an employee being loyal to Rite Aid if Rite Aid isn't loyal to us?

Stormie #268 Pittsburgh, PA

Jan 18, 2011

Monday 1-17-11
    Robin received several calls at work, no big deal, I handed her the phone three times and hung it up twice, the third time (10:50 am) she asked me to hang up the phone for her I said you have got to be kidding me, come around the counter and hang it up yourself. She said I am not kidding, I said I'm sorry but I'm not a secretary sorry. Robin threw the receiver in the garbage can and left it there.
    At 11:33 am Ken Gas came up to the counter to see if I had hung up the phone, he came around the counter, took the receiver out of the trash and hung it up. He should have made Robin do that.
    At 2:56 pm I called Ken Gas for a pick-up he sent Allison who did a $422.00 pick-up and took eighty dollars out of my drawer and said that I needed fives. I said I don't need fives at all maybe a stack of ones but I would rather not get change right now but concentrate on the pick-up. after a lot of back and forth I said just get me one's, she became hostile, slammed my money back in the drawer and loud mouthed me infront of my customer's, she said don't call me for fives I said I didn't call you at all I called Ken. Ken stood there and said nothing, at the end of my shift I had at least fifty dollars in fives so I was right about my money.

I filed a complaint against Ken Gas and Denny with the Commission on Human Relations back in October and both men have been sabotaging my character and playing with my drawer. I haven't taken a fifteen minute break since September 2010 because I have to watch my drawer but now I know it's being rigged before my shift starts.
    Stormie M store # 00268 pittsburgh

• Ni
      Nov 27, 2014

Went to rite aide today just open at 8 am. They had the conair trimmer ad state sale on ad Talk to manager there old woman with red hair state don't carry that item advise her why u have it on sale ad. She state to check other rite aide store false advertisement. This is rite aide on kiefer blvd.