Restored 316 Designs / Copyright Infringement

United States, Colorado, Austin Review updated:
Restored 316 Designs
Lauren Gaige Taggart (Austin, Texas) of Restored 316 Designs · My Restored Life · House of Design Blog is a hypocrite and a liar. She's also a scam artist and a thief. Lauren likes to call other designers unoriginal and accuses them of stealing her themes, yet all of her templates are stolen from talented designers, including Viva la Violette, BluChic and Pretty Darn Cute Designs.

Exhibit A:
Viva la Violette's "Shimmer" theme vs. Restored 316 Designs "Sprinkle" Theme

Exhibit B:
Lovely Confetti's "Katharine" theme vs Restored 316 Designs "Lovely" and "Amplify" theme

Exhibit C:
Pretty Darn Cute Designs "Modern Blogger Pro" vs Restored 316 Designs "Delightful" theme

Exhibit D:
Pretty Darn Cute Designs "Fun" theme vs Restored 316 Designs "Graceful" theme

Exhibit E: Lovely Confetti "Jennifer" theme vs. Restored 316 Designs "Sprinkle" Theme

Just recently etsy removed most of Lauren Gaige's listings due to copyright infringement, and Lauren chose to remove her entire etsy shop because of this. Not that anyone would miss her... most of her reviews are 1 star for bad customer service and stolen templates.

What else? Lauren is a phony religious person and a cyberbully. She sends her phony religious friends "Courtney Kirkland" to harass the people who make beautiful themes because god forbid Lauren have to actually learn to code, or get a job that doesn't involve sitting on her fat behind...

Basically, Lauren Gaige Taggard of Austin, Texas is a fraud, a cyberbully and a psychopath. Avoid her and do not give her your business!

Restored 316 DesignsRestored 316 DesignsRestored 316 DesignsRestored 316 DesignsRestored 316 Designs

Jul 23, 2015

A  26th of Jul, 2015 by
And here's more.

N  27th of Jul, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
What about all of this? Are you just an innocent party Lauren? Have all of these people copied your themes, right down to the same colors?

Just make truthful statements. Nobody cares if you copy your templates or not. We all do it a little bit. But you can't accuse others of doing it and bully them when you're more guilty than they are.

You're making yourself look really bad. You don't know what doing business with integrity really means, do you?

Are you going to sue all of these designers too? You should be worried about these designers joining in on a class action lawsuit as it would appear that YOU are the thief miss Gaige.

Consider this a warning and leave these designers alone or legal action will begin. xo

Agree Disagree +1 Votes
And the list of victims grows... How far back does your bullying go Lauren? SEVERAL different designers have been in touch with us regarding your abuse. When does it end? Your shady past has caught up with you it seems.. Will you never change?

A  28th of Jul, 2015 by
Lauren Gaige, always a bully and a hypocrite. Lauren is the only one stealing themes.

Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Here's Lauren's ip and isp information. Ban her IP from your websites and report her abuse to her internet service provider: at&t u-verse (austin, texas)

A  5th of Jan, 2016 by
Oh man, I HATE it when people play the Jesus card! It’s just so arrogant. "Jesus has special favor towards MY store because I’m doing it for his glory. " Wow, well…I’m pretty sure that Jesus loves me as much as he loves you, Restored 316 Designs, so let’s put the Jesus card back into your stolen wordpress templates and get real.

Lauren Gaige is a scam artist, a thief, an uninspired bully. She harasses her competition, when they have more talent than she could ever dream of having.
N  29th of Feb, 2016 by
Hello lovelies! I decided to take it upon myself to respond to these untrue allegations. Kudos to those who gave me a heads up about this thread as well as the copied versions at complaints board and scam report. I feel like this is a VERY relevant and a little taboo topic that impacts designers of all categories.

First and foremost, I have been creating and selling web design on the world wide web for nearly 8 years. I have created templates for a variety of different platforms, including blogger, wordpress and squarespace. Also, I've spent more than 6 years selling graphic design products.

Among my designs, are beautiful, feminine wordpress ecommerce templates based on the genesis theme. If you look up the genesis theme, you will find that it has a basic structure, the same structure used in almost all genesis child templates. You will find this structure used on my genesis child templates, as well as on those created by Restored 316 Designs, Lovely Confetti, Bluchic, and so on. It's a commonly used structure and the genesis theme itself is listed under the GNU Operating System and Free Software Movement (More on that here: https://www.gnu.org/home.en.html) Meaning that anyone can use this template structure to create their own child theme.

Based on the above, I (and all of the other shops) have not plagiarized anything. Technically, I could say other shops are stealing MY designs but it's not worth it and it's a super negative mindset to focus on in the long run, when I would much rather feel flattered and continue on with my life and creating beautiful designs for my lovely clients!

As artists and designers, we influence one another and that doesn't equal plagiarism. This has gone on since the beginning of the world wide web! If you look at the work created by any of the designers being accused of copying Restored 316 Designs, you can easily compare them with others. As well, you can very easily compare Restored 316 Designs templates to many other templates created long before hers including many of my own.

I'm grateful to have contributed to upping the bar of quality design for wordpress templates because that is why I started creating in the first place. I studied web and graphic design and was passionate about creating beautiful templates for female entrepreneurs and bloggers and I'm humbled to have been given the opportunity and to have met and worked with so many awesome ladies over the years!

I understand how frustrating it can be when competition starts creating products similar to your best sellers but I've learned to take a deep breath and keep on creating beautiful designs of my own. Trust me, I felt mortified when nearly identical to my own wordpress templates like the "Glam" popped up but c'est la vie, it's business.

Just keep on creating, innovating, and growing our businesses. Rather than try to tear down the competition, feel happy for their success. After all, we're all in this together!