Rent a Center / fraud and cheating
So I call Rent a center and inform them that I would like to get a laptop for school Because I cant afford one out right for school. I talk to a man and I say ' hey I would like it to be brand new I plan on owning this thing eventually', he says no prob we have one here thats brand new that we just opened to use as a display'. Which was no problem I guess
So I get there they wanna fly through this paper work mind you they haven't even showed me the damn computer yet so I take it get home and trusted that they were honest and sincere, yeah o.k the mouse pad on the thing was beat all to h*ll and wouldn't work, so I called my good old buddy and told him whats up.Not even realizing what he was saying he tells me.'its hard telling whats wrong with it it came from another store and it was previously leased for 4 months'
i interrupted him and said, ' i thought this thing was brand new'? He said' well its practically new'! I said' yeah minus the messed up mouse pad and bread crumbs in the cd drive'. And the crack across the top of it. So he sends someone out the next day with a replacement that he guaranteed was new, and it wasn't it was in worse condition the guy came in dropped this one off grabbed the other one left and didn't really say a word.
I called back after he left and said you must think im stupid, ill be on my way to drop this pos off to you and get my money back all $80.00 of it. Or so I thought yeah well after fighting with them about it for a week I gave up and moved on. In Conclusion, how does rent a center sleep at night? People stay away please.
More Rent a Center Complaints & Reviews
- Rent a Center - horrible! 
- Rent a Center - fraud and scam 
- Rent a Center - the insurance policy needs to be changed 
- Rent a Center - violation fdcp; fraudulent actions 
- Rent a Center - awful experience 
- Rent-A-Center - trespassing
- Rent-A-Center - store manager, district manager
- Rent-A-Center - customer service
- Rent a Center - monies being kept by manager named vincent
- Rent-A-Center - horrible!! I would never use them again!