Reliance Mobile / Fraud and cheating!

My Rel Mobile number is [protected]. On March 17th this year, they suddenly sent SMS informing that they have activated Cricket Update (world Cup) and the charges will be 99 Rs/month + taxes. All my protests fell on deaf ears. They sent as may as 50 SMS in a day, cholking g my mailbox and inspite of repeated assurances that the update will be stopped, they continued. To add insult to injury, after 1 month they snet SMS that they have renewed the update at lower rates (49+ Taxes) This also went on for long.

Then they sent SMS that 'My Tunes' was activated at 49 +Taxes Rs/month
When I fought with their customer care, they sheepishly started refunding the charged amount in bits and pieces.

When They told me that they have refunded everything then I caught them with further cheating in that they 'forgot' to refund some amount This was 5 months after the event (Aug 8th).

They refuse to answer one direct question I am repeatedly posing " WHY DID YOU ACTIVATE THESE SERVICES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION". Whatever their claims, they charge for most of missed calls. When roaming, they make calls to sell their product and then charge roaming incoming charges on that. Written complaints even to their CEO Anil Ambani does not evoke any response, hence it is my gut feeling that all these must be done under his instructions.

In short, shift from Reliance mobile even if you have to forfeit instrument cost and inconvenience of changed number. The comfort is worth.
That is exactly I am going to do the moment I return to my base station in a week's time.

Comments

• Pa
      3rd of Mar, 2007
    Reliance Mobile - Improper billing
    India

We bought 4 new connections of reliance post paid mobile. We were told by the dealer that the monthly rental for each is Rs124 and that we could speak within our group of 4 for free. In the first bill, I was charged Rs.25 extra towards roaming. When I inquired with the customer care, I was told that it is a one time charge and that it would not be charged again.
    Also, from the next bill, I am being charged additional Rs.50 as CUG for calling within the group. Thus, now I am being charged a rental of Rs.199 against 124 which was promised earlier.

When I complained against this to the customer care, first I was told that I should not be charged Rs.50 and also should not be charged Rs.25. Then again, the same call center lady called me back and said that it was her mistake and that I would still be charged Rs.50 for CUG. When I requested for disconnection of the service, I was told that they would waive the incorrect roaming charges only if I would continue with their services. What does this mean to the customer? I have been paying them additional incorrect charges, and they would waive them only if I would continue paying them the same??
    The call center lady was supposed to call me back on the status in 24 hrs and its been over a week and there is no response from them.

I would say Reliance mobile is the worst service provider and would request all to stay away from Reliance!!!

• Dr
      30th of Apr, 2007
    Reliance Mobile - Worst services and cheating attitude
    India

I have been using Reliance mobile for past 3 years and compelled most of my family members too to use reliance. The STD calling card introduced recently encouraged me to shift my fiancé to reliance from other service providers. I doubt the intentions of company now. Initially I was surprised to see that the call gets disconnected every 15 min during free hours. Then the charges of the card were increased from 625 to 875 for customers who want free calling facility. Now recently the policy is changed and probably reliance is harassing customers so that they don't try using the free calling facility. I am unable to call during free hours since last 7 days. First day I was given different deadlines saying that the problem is being resolved. Then again I was told there is no problem from our side and I was advised to try after some time. Its very irritating when we don't get services after paying for the same.

The harassment by reliance has crossed all limits. I have been repeatedly fooled with different assurances without resolving my problem at all. The senior person at customer care, kalpana had promised me on 26 th that I will never ever have this problem. But I was sure there wont be any change. I am use to with the useless fellows giving the same prototype assurance every time. I have contacted every person including service assurance cell. None is bothered to reply back.

Earlier i had problem of my phone getting disconnected even after making all payments. This has also been repeated at least 20 times.

• Ra
      12th of May, 2007

Hi All,

I am the airtel customer for the last 2 years. But recently i switched over to reliance because of the night std free calling facility (11 pm to 6 am). I am recharging the std card with Rs. 675 to get the night std free facility. This month (april) also i recharged with Rs 675 card and using night calls. Unfortunately they are reducing the cost when i was calling in between 11 pm to 6 am. I contacted with customer care and inquire on this... These stupid guys coolly telling that the card cost was increased from 67s to 875 to get this facility. There is no message from them on this. Unnecessarily i recharged with std card Rs. 675 which is not using the night free calls. What a shame on this. Reliance people are not giving any information on this. And also everytime the calls were disconnected after 15 mins... I really feel so bad why i switched over from airtel to reliance.. Guys reliance is cheated everyone. My suggestion don't switch over to reliance... Reliance is cheated customer...

• Iq
      4th of Jun, 2007
    Reliance Mobile - Network is not activated
    India

I have been billing costumer for past 1 year but when i tried to convert it to prepaid for which I have paid all my due date bill and prepaid amount but Still I have not yet activated. My line the customer care of reliance webwrold in santacruz west have no idea and also they do not pay any respect to the customer. Can any one tell reliance that just to collect money is not all the thing he can do without giving any services.

• Sh
      17th of Jul, 2007

I am not getting through to the Prepaid Customer representative as *333 8369 &30336969 is always engaged . I have been listening to the busy tone music since last 3 days .

When i dial to post paid from a post paid No., the call is transferred to PREPAID but the customer representative never responded my call.

• So
      23rd of Aug, 2007

hanks

• Ka
      17th of Sep, 2007

I am kamleshkumar Jaiswal, because of some reason by mobile SIM Card is rejected and i am not able to call or recieve any call. then i called to customer care of reliance mobile he suggest me sir you go to reliance gallary or web world you will get SIM Card but i am not geting this card any of the following branches : fort, jogeshwari, sion, bandra. i cant understand why they open reliance gallary when there is no product is available and employee of Reliance gallary also not talking with customer properly. and he told me sir you will get this sim card from outside of rs 300 . i think reliance geting stock but he balck to outsider shp or to distributor. suggest me what i do and where i file a compalint against him.

Regards,
    Kamleshkumar Jaiswal,
    022-66962026.

26th of Sep, 2007
    Reliance Mobile - Unauthorized billing!
    India

We have bought Reliance data card having following details
    CIOU Code: MHRI10072
    Tel.No.9371642120

We were receiving bills even though we were not using the data card due to a problem reported to Web World i.e. the data card does not fit into Compaq laptops. On 8th September 2007 we visited one of the Reliance Communication center on Sihagad Road, Pune (Moon Light Gallery) whose OTC code is 41024. After discussions it was decided that we pay 50% of the total billing amount i.e. of Rs.1034/- and the card would get activated in the next 3 days. So we paid Rs.517/- whose receipt no is S074796504.

But till date the card has not got activated and on top of that we have received one more bill of Rs.872/- for the period 11-08-2007 to 10-09-2007. We called up the customer care number and got to know that the card is still suspended.

I think this type of service to the customers is really disheartening in this competitive world and not acceptable.

• Na
      26th of Sep, 2007

Reliance service is hopeless.

27th of Oct, 2007
    Reliance Samsung Mobile - poor system
    India

My mobile is not working since five months. The concerned authority do not care.

My mobile number is 09312685298

• Ar
      23rd of Jan, 2008

my ril prepaid no.9339725920 slim model no.SCH-N356, FCCID.A3LSCHN356. when i call other mob. then repl.contact to custemer care and call on my mob then repl.swched off.

pls. give me solution as soon as possible.

Thanks.

regards /Arajun Bhagat

• Mi
      17th of Feb, 2008
    Reliance Mobile - disconnection inspite of payment
    India

I have dropped a cheque of Rs.585/- in a drop box of Reliance communication branch at S.V.Road, Opp Jain Derasar,Pai nagar,Borivali (W) branch 11th february'2008 towards my mobile mobile no 9320052997, but till date the cheque amount is not being debited from my account & now the outgoing calls have been deactivated. This has happened in the past also that inspite of depositing cheques before due date there has been disconnection in outgoing calls. If reliance can not manage to give proper services than they should not open so many branches unless they become capable of providing services to masses.

Sincierly
    Milin

28th of Feb, 2008
    Reliance Mobile - BAD SERVICE
    RELIANCE

Dear Sirs,

I have shifted my prepaid connection to pastpaid connection. NO-9352021978
    After 10 days my incomeing locked,
    Then I contacted the Vaishali Nagar WEBWORLD, Hear Mr. Tiwari assured that your address has wrongly verified, so it will take some time to resolve.
    After 2 days the mobile get activeted, but from today afternoon again MY OUTGOING AND INCOMEING BOTH GET BANNED.

As I contacted the webworld Mr. Tiwari is saying you have to contact Mr. Nayar, who is looking after the address varification system.

Dear Sirs please note that I am getting all my communications (bank/creditcard/official statement) in My current residence address .
    The guy may not have visited my residence, Relying on those guys Reliance is LOOSING VALUABLE CUSTOMERS,
    So,please try to solve my problem as earliest.

• Kr
      25th of Mar, 2008

i have relince sumsumg SCH-N356 WHICH HAS A PROMBLEM afer recharginng with 199 plan which is life long free incomiing how to slove

• Ru
      19th of Apr, 2008

hello sir

i am very frustrated about ur reliance services.
    mu balance is deducted automatically again and again . i have no call and no sms . i hanve many complaints in x333. but there is no resolution.
    deduction date : after 17.04.2008
    plz solve my problem i am provide the detail

u plz see this .

my mdn is : 9315369000

27th of Apr, 2008

Sir
    I have given application to terminate my reliance post paid mobile at 17 mar08 after paying full payment. But till time my mobile cant be terminate.
    So please give a proper result.

Regards
    Satyam

27th of Apr, 2008

my mobile no. is 93589981256 for termination.

Regards
    satyam

• Bh
      12th of Jul, 2008
    Reliance Mobile - Cheating customers
    Reliance Mobile
    www.rcom.com

I had received SMS from Reliance that recharge you account with RS 95 and you will get life time validity.
    In this SMS they have neither mentioned any term & condition or any SMS validity details. So I recharged my reliance account by RS 95. Now I am not getting LIFETIME validity. I got only Rs 0.02 talk time for 14 days validity. My current connection has longer validity so whats the meaning of giving me 14 days validity? Reliance is making money after sending this kind of sms to customer.

• De
      31st of Jul, 2008

Poorest service of all the Mobile services. We should go the Consumer Court...

• Si
      5th of Aug, 2008

You are talking about the cheque dropped, but i pay the bills online immediately after i receive the SMS on mobile. The funniest thing is that, immediately after i pay the bill, and it reflects in my account, I get a new SMS stating that all my out going calls are deactivated. Its only after i call up the customer care and intimate them regarding the situation, they activate it again in some time from then.

Very Funny right.. it happened not for a month, it happened continuously for 6 months.