Reading Club of America / scam

1 428 Childers st.# 20156Pensacola, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-927-8077

This company really took advantage of me, they caught me at a moment when I was busy and I was told I could cancel the order if I wanted to after I thought about it. When I called them back to cancel the order they told me that I was not allowed to cancel, that it wouldn't be fair to the magazine companies. They told me they would give me 70% off if I payed the balance at that time. I could not pay it, and I felt trapped and ripped off . If I don't pay the total amount at 70% off then I still owe the full amount of 1037.40. For magazines that I am not even getting, they are sending me a couple of magazines that I did not order. I am so mad at myself for being in this position. What do I do?

Ta

Comments

• Sv
      17th of Mar, 2015

I just got a call from a " civil" person...she even said she wasn't a mediator BUT I owe money to The Readers Club of America at the tune of $1287.00 ! Because, she went on, that I agreed in a " oral contract" in agreeing to buy the magazines for 43 months ! Crock of crap...oh yes and this civil suit is in the next county over. Why ? It's more expensive ? But since I haven't lived there in 30 years...how did they come up with that ? Oh my ! When I told Ms. Scammer that gee I said a NONoNo loudly to the person trying to " renew magazines " she got pissy with me and...I got to thinking that quote of $29.95 they were going to take out of my bank account..I think previously I had been getting magazines but decided to quit when Ms. Pissy called...now this supposed lawsuit against me from blocking them off my account in 2010...a bit late on the notification !!! Gee no letter since 2010 or phone calls until today...SCAM...I told the lady I was speaking to my lawyer...which I am not until I request a certified letter to me details of when and what and all. We will see just how long this stands when I tell her lawyer ...which I am not calling ...said to send letter. My folks who LIVE in the next county over was from where this " civil lawsuit" was to take place if I didn't pay. Lol sounds illegal and being this illegally happened in 2010 ?? Scam !