RC Willey / poor customer service

2301 south 300 weestSalt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8014613800

I recently bought a sectional, two barstools, an entertainment unit, and an ottoman from rc willey. Biggest mistake ever! I was promised delivery in 2 days for the first 3 items... just not the ottoman cause it had to be ordered. The day of delivery only the sectional and barstools were delivered. No entertainment unit and the sectional had a very obvious tear in it that the delivery guys had to of seen but delivered it anyways. So we called to find the entertainment unit and order another sectional piece and it would be 3-4 days longer to get it! Well finally the replacement sofa piece arrived and still no entertainment unit. We called yet AGAIN and were given another delivery date. The day the entertainment unit was finally delivered it was deliverd without the tv hutch which is a pretty important piece to have. We called and were given another delivery date but I would not settle for that. I was on the phone for hours until i got a same day delivery only to find that they still forgot some glass shelves to go in the unit. Calling again to get this resolved i learned that my ottoman was in now but no one had called to set up delivery. So I set up another delivery for that and still have not heard on the replacement shelves i was supposed to recieve. All the while I have been calling customer service and it's hard to get a hold of a manager and sales reps do not return your calls. It's rediculous!!! Try to avoid shopping at RC Willey at all costs! It's a joke. They don't care about the customer at all and you have to be a huge jerk to even have a chance at getting something done. The will do nothing for the "nice guy". HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!
Ni

Comments

Je
  11th of Apr, 2008
Amen to all this -- working around RC Willey's delivery fiascos was the same experience for us. They have got the most incompetent, ill-trained, uncaring people of any retailer I've ever seen. I will NEVER give them another dime of my money.
Su
  20th of Oct, 2008
I am having a similar experience with RC Willey. During the past three months, I have spent nearly $4, 000 with RC Willey on mattresses, a sofa, dresser, chair and a bench.

Friday, the dresser was delivered missing a knob. My husband didn't have the drivers unwrap the bench (also delivered), but when I unwrapped it on Saturday - it had obviously been dropped. One of the arms was cracked all of the way through, cracked around the base of the arm, and all across the seat. PLUS the bench was black - and I ordered mahogany! Now, I have to miss two different days of work so that one person can come and look at the missing knob, and then the drivers can come and pick-up the damaged bench. Believe me - this doesn't make me very happy. Does anyone have an address here I can send a letter of complaint to RC Willeys?

Thanks
  18th of Feb, 2009
I totally agree about shopping at this horrible store. We purchased a recliner and was told they had a dozen on the premises. When we went back the next day to get it all of a sudden they were sold out and it had to be ordered. When it finally arrived and we borrowed a truck to pick it up it was the wrong recliner. Two days later and another borrowed truck, the same wrong ugly chair. After raising a stink and accusing the company with a bait and switch scandal (which is extremely illegal) we ended up getting another product, however it is not the chair we wanted or purchased. As for my advice if you want to deal with a bunch of ###s and recieve damaged furniture or even the wrong furniture then rc willey is your store!!!
Ba
  26th of Feb, 2009
send complaints to CEO Scott Hymas @ 2301 south 300 west SLC UT
Jd
  14th of Mar, 2009
I'll add my complaints to the mix. After calling the day prior to delivery to confirm the time, checking online the morning of delivery and being told it would be delivered Saturday a.m., we accordingly made plans for Saturday p.m. Saturday morning rolls around and mid-morning get a call saying that we would get delivery between 3: 00 and 5:00 that afternoon. When I explained we had already made plans and that was unacceptable, was told "Sorry, that's what's in the paperwork and we can't rearrange it." Great service, huh? I guess this wouldn't be that bad if this were a 1-time exception, but this seems to be the norm for RC Willey- if it arrives on time, it's probably got some problems with it. Otherwise, plan on getting told one time only to have it rescheduled for several hours before or after you're promised with no attempt at remuneration.
Ke
  23rd of Oct, 2009
I bought a leather living room set that was not on the floor and was not available to see till it was delivered. I love the furniture but one of the recliners was defective. I called RC Willey and they said they would have a tech come out to see if he could fix it. The tech came and he smelled heavily of bad b.o. and he said he couldnt fix it, that they would have to order another one. After not hearing from them for days I called back only to learn that the tech lied on his paperwork and said he fixed the chair. When we disputed this with the store they said it would cost US another $1100 if they have to reorder another chair. WHen we asked why we had to pay for thier mistake they said we could either exchange the set for another (they dont have any like ours anymore) or they would give us a measley $75 and we could keep the chair that is defective that we paid $400 for. We have had a tech and a salesperson straight up lie about our case and the manager is unwilling to take appropriate corrective action for selling us a defective chair.

RC Willey Home Furnishings Logo RC Willey Home Furnishings