Quicken Loans / customer service / unethical business practices

1 570 North Kings Creek Road, Burgettstown PA 15021 Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 724 947-5966

We contacted Quicken Loans Detroit, MI office to inquire about refinancing and after a couple of weeks of discussing our options we received a loan application to sign-off. We were reluctant to sign the application and did not agree verbally with the agent to proceed with processing the loan, appraisal or anything else but the minute Quicken Loans received the application form our credit card was hit with a $500 fee. The agent we talked to was so kind an helpful during the first two weeks and when we told her that we needed more time to think things over and wanted the $500 credited back to our credit card she got extremely rude and actually hung up the phone on us. We are still trying to get the $500 back and will not stop until we do. This is not an ethical company to do business with and when you’re taking about refinancing a home don’t get sucked in by their sly words and how much better you’ll be in the long run. Do your refinancing “face-to-face” with a reputable firm.

Dan Resnik

Comments

• Fr
      1st of Jun, 2009

I cannot comment on one’s individual experience, but I feel compelled to comment about my recent (May 2009) experience with Quicken Loans. My wife set out to refinance our home and while doing so she became involved with applying through Quicken Loans. After she supplied the appraisal fee, I researched the company for complaints on the Internet. It was somewhat of a backwards way to do it. I found that many complaints were written describing that the individuals involved lost their appraisal fee and never received a loan. Some said they were constantly asked for additional information. This concerned me and I thought that maybe we just contributed into a scam.
    The loan process was tedious. My wife had to supply many documents and requests seemed unending for additional documentation.

Our appraisal came in lower than we had expected and I thought that was the end of it. It wasn’t. We did close on our new loan and were completely satisfied. Actually, by using this company we achieved a better than satisfactory result.

Due to this experience, I’ve reevaluated my impression of complaints on the Internet.