Pure Medical Spa / Not paying employees

IL, United States Review updated:

I am a recent former employee of Pure and I want to warn any prospective client of the dangers of investing your money with them. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT prepay for ANY services with them. Not even a Groupon. They are one step from filing for bankruptcy, AGAIN. I very much enjoyed working there, my manager was/is a fantastic person, and I enjoyed my work a lot. However, Pure is a big company, nationwide and into Canada, and it is being run into the ground by its corporate big wigs. The last paycheck I received was a month late, and they still owe me two more (a month late as well). The paycheck before that came on Christmas Eve (also late), but when many employees went to cash them, the funds were not available. I am new to Pure, but apparently this has all been par for the course for some time. The result of all of this is that staff is leaving in droves, so most centers do not have the technicians to even do the services they will sell you. You will buy your package and then be given the run around as to when you can come in for the service. They will try to send you to other locations that are not at all convenient for you to get to. They will even sell you services that you cannot get at that location because they don't have the equipment there. In fact more locations are losing equipment because it is being repod by the manufacturers for nonpayment. All I'm saying is buyer beware. Pure is going down and they do not care about their clients. The staff that is left, and it's managers are at the mercy of a bigger corporate beast that is desperately trying to claw its way out of financial ruin and the only thing it cares about is getting cash in the door. A lot of the people that work there are honest (like my former manager) and will not sell you snake oil, but not all of them.This is a warning from someone who knows better. I hope this post will save at least one person from wasting their money on this financially and morally bankrupt company.

Ex

Comments

• Gi
      25th of Jan, 2010

I am also sad to say I was a Pure Med Spa employee. The company is the worst to work for or be treated at. The esth. and RN's I worked with were highly qualified but working for a company that pushed them and threatened them daily if they did not sell sell sell. Most staff members gave up caring about the clients they were treating because the company doesn't care about them.
    I feel horrible for the staff members still working for this company. They have not been paid in over a month and checks have been continually 1-2 weeks late since the beginning of 09. Some of the staff I have spoken to say they have contacted labor boards with no response from Pure corp offices and most are worried about leaving and not being able to find new jobs in this horrible ecomony.

Its so sad to see good people in a bad situation. If I could provide any advice for staff members still working for this failing company is to get out and get as far away from Pure as you can. You do not want your name going down in flames with them. While continuing to work there knowing what that company is doing, when they are caught you will be too.

• Ba
      26th of Jan, 2010

I too was a previous employee. I can honestly say this company will screw you in any way that they can! They do not care about the quality of treatments (because none of the lasers work and all machines are outdated and old), all they want is your $. After they get your money, they do not care about you! If you are thinking of working here, please read all reviews about PURE medspa featuring Britesmile. These ppl are big time scammers!

• He
      27th of Jan, 2010

I agree with the above. I too am still an employee here at now Brite Smile Brite Skin. They do push us to sell sell sell. and I don't because I feel it would be misleading to the client, not knowing for sure how long this company will stay afloat. I am in the process of getting a class action suite for the clients as well as employees against said company. Please contact me at heidismith.[protected]@gmail.com .. the more we can get together on this the better chance we have to save our industry from such a bad reputation.

• Ex
      9th of Feb, 2010

I am an ex employee in Chicago and we are all dealing with the same thing. I have not been paid in a month. In fact our whole clinic is shut down right now because everyone walked. Even the regional quit. All of us at my clinic went to the DoL numerous times. I have no clue when the checks are coming. Some of our equipment got sent back. Our rent was not paid. Our water threatened to be shut off. Our heat went out and they never paid to have it fixed. It's winter in Chicago! So I'm not expecting it any time soon. I have had some crappy jobs, but I have never worked for a company so corrupt!

• Mi
      9th of Apr, 2010

I AGREE WITH EXXEMP. THE EMPLOYEES OF PURE MED SUFFERED TOO. THEY WERE ALWAYS NICE AND PROFESSIONAL WITH ME AND I HAVE SEEN MANY OF THEM COME AND GO OVER THE YEARS. I HAD A 'FEELING' SOMETHING WAS GOING DOWN WHEN PURE MED CHANGED THEIR NAME AND MOVED TO ANOTHER SHODDY LOCATION WITHOUT A BATHROOM OR EVEN A SINK IN THEIR TREATMENT ROOMS! I ONLY WISH I COULD FINISH OUT MY 12 MONTH PACKAGE I BOUGHT 6 MONTHS AGO.

• Be
      12th of Apr, 2010

that's really awful. i just called to get the photo facial i paid for last october. i thought $550 was too much for a photo facial - but when i told the girl i only paid $300 the last time, she said she would honor that if i paid for two. so i guess i got a $600 photo facial back then but didn't know it. if i knew the company was going under - i would have gotten the other one the next month.

i was disappointed they didn't have half of the services they had before. seemed fishy now - looking back at it.

this bites.