Pulte Homes / sun city texas community association modification committee harassment

508 Rio Grande LoopGeorgetown, TX, United States Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 5128690077
Three years after moving into Sun City, Texas, the Community Association Modification Committee is citing non-compliant installation of satellite TV dishes based on location and color of wiring. No guidelines were provided at the time of purchase and the home buyers relied on the Direct TV technician to install and hook up the satellite dish. Efforts to comply are encountering nitpicking objections to the color of the wiring on a satellite dish at the back of the house bordering on a neighboring ranch where only deer and cattle can see the dish!
I recommend that anybody thinking about purchasing a home in Sun City Texas reconsider fast. There are a lot of us who are disillusioned by the over-reaching Community Association-appointed board members in decisionmaking. The behavior of the Community Association Modification Committee reflects the authoritarian character of the place. Retirees should not have to surrender autonomy to live in Sun City Texas!

Comments

Ge
  17th of Oct, 2008
You would have known the requirements for roof mounted dishes if you would have read the CC&R's when you purchased the house. Either live with the rules you agreed to when you moved in or move out.
Pt
  11th of May, 2010
Gene...there is such a thing as Karma...your time is coming!
Ga
  17th of Oct, 2010
Isn't it ridiculous - we went through the exact same thing, the CC&R's committee just makes rules as they go. They changes rules as committee members change every couple of years as new members get new pet peeves and grivances, then change all the rules to suit themselves again and again. No consideration is given to the original residents who moved in with none of these silly, petty rules in place when they arrive in Sun City. The range of the pettiness is stunning, from where the TV satellite should be placed regardless of it's orientation to the sun (which is the only thing that should be considered), to what color the electrical wiring is, to how many watts each light contains on the side walk lights in front of your home. New committee members go way over and beyond what is necessary and I might add decent, when you should regard people's rights to be individuals and leave them alone. We have found that way too many people just do not have enough to do in Sun City, so they worry about what their neighbors do way too much, how the rules read, and on and on it goes. If we had it to do over, we would "never" move into another "all senior" community again.We liked the sanity of living where people had enough of a life, that they did not feel the need to run yours.
Ri
  26th of Jul, 2014
What I think is SO petty is - we planted a Texas Red Oak in our backyard 6 years ago, along with another sanctioned tree. The Red Oak died within 2 years. We've left it while we've tried to decide what tree to replace the Red Oak with.

The tree we've decided on is 'not on the approved' list so we have to have 'approval' to have it planted. If we'd had the new one die and wanted to plant the Red Oak, we would not have had to have approval.

I think these Chairmen of these silly committees really get of on power trips. I should not be planting a tree in my back yard that maybe 4 people around me might see? Who cares what the neighbors plant?
Ci
  11th of Jun, 2015
I had my Landscape approved a year ago. It was a very humbling experience since I am a Landscape Architect. I spent a fortune.on all the plants. They are all well established now. I got a letter in the mail today saying they are not on compliance. A YEAR later. I have 4 ruptured disk in my back. There is no way I could dig all those plants up. I drive around Sun City every day to see what is allowed. Wonder if some people are allowed and others not? That would be Illegal.
Ci
  11th of Jun, 2015
If the harassment continues, I will have to move. It will be a great expense to me that I feel is even more harassment.

Pulte Homes / PulteGroup Logo Pulte Homes / PulteGroup