PROSCOUT / PROSCOUT

Scottsdale, CA, United States Review updated:
3.35

I was an Invited PAID agent to attend PROSCOUT. We get paid $200 plus hotel, airfare and meals.

All the agents show up for a fun time out of town. The LA agents represent NO celebs are basically in the business of attending showcases not selling actors.

Ask any one of them who they represent and for sure you will know none of them. The organization is scam.

they are in and out taking your 800$ +

I suggest you get a list BEFORE you agree to attend of EXACTLY who will be at the event. You for sure will not get it.

Check out what agents from LA are attending.

The modeling agents are all their to support their own scam. Selling pictures room and board etc...

Comments

Ex
  25th of Aug, 2008
Some of the PS agents walk away with $1000 to $1500 from fees for speaking and holding pointless seminars.

The acting coach even uses a fake name.

PS is for sure a scam. Do not be fooled.

After the event that scam is out of that town within hours.
Ma
  18th of Sep, 2008
Are you a disgruntled employee or something? I checked the BBB and several other consumer agencies and had nothing but good remarks about ProScout, plase tell me what happened to you to make your experience such a bad one. I am contemplating the idea of attending the Dallas event in November, and would really love to hear what happened to you. Thanks
Ka
  20th of Sep, 2008
I JUST WENT TO AN INTERVIEW W/ PRO SCOUT A FEW DAYS AGO AND WAS INVITED TO THE DALLAS EVENT IN NOVEMBER. THEY SEEMED TO BE THE REAL THING. IF U HAVE ANY INFO TO BACK THIS CLAIM UP, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IT IS. THEY SEEM TO BE LEGITAMATE ALL THE WAY AROUND... SO PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW WHY WE SHOULD NOT DO THIS.

THANX
~K~
N
  21st of Nov, 2008
My daughter was invited to go to New Orleans for an Invitational in January and I am having a hard time making a decision to go. I am a little skeptical. Has anyone else attended with their child?

*N*
Mi
  26th of Nov, 2008
I also attended the seminar in New Orleans and recieved a call back for the show in January. Is this a fraud? Email me your answer.
Pa
  1st of Dec, 2008
I went to an open call in October and got picked to go to an event in February. I want to know if this really is a scam.
Ka
  27th of Jan, 2009
I attended the proscout meeting in Dallas, TX in November and was absolutely disapointed. This is a huge scam. There were about 800-1000 contestants there, and about 10% were interviewed. There were very beautiful girls who really looked like models (including me), very adorable children, and very talented poeple who really could be actors, but only a couple were chosen for interview. You would have thought that the $800 would cover travel, food, and hotel expences, but we had to take care fo these things on our own. Meaning we paid for NOTHING. This was so sad because poeple came from across the freaking country for this useless event. Those FAKE agents were talking, laughing, and not even paying any attention to the catwalks. Proscout is a huge regret of mine. Proscout is coming back to my hometown to try to talk poeple into going to their next event and Im passing out flyers expressing the fact that they are a scam. No one deserves to get played like that.
Fl
  4th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Proscout is a SCAM FOR SURE! I am sorry to dissapoint those of you who got picked to go to an Invitational...nice. They are playing a numbers game and it's all about money. They are in business to make money not to scout real talent. YOU SHOULD NEVER PAY ANY OF THESE PLACES, I.E. PROSCOUT, JOHN ROBERT POWERS, IPOP, A.C.T. - just look online under Proscout Scams and you will see the proof. It is impossible to get noticed at a 2 day event when there are 400-500 other people attending. It is a sad and cruel joke, all of these companies should be ashamed. They have a goal for the amount of people who they invite to these events and they are shooting for the highest number. Please don't be fooled. Go to www.agentassociation.com, www.lacasting.com, they list all of the agents, managers and casting directors - do extra work, send out headshots - proscout will get you nowhere!!! They are disgusting.
Lo
  4th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
okay r u people just saying this because you had 1 bad experience with them and are just trying to get people not 2 pay or do u actually have a legit. reason 2 complain??????
Un
  13th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They want my two small children to go to Charlotte for sat and sun, and i nalso called two agencies and they both said they use proscout, should i go or just try it on my own?
Ro
  14th of Feb, 2009
I also just went and I was chosen to go to chicago please some one write and tell me what to do.
Mi
  23rd of Feb, 2009
i think its kind of funny how everyone who has a bad complaint said they asked for 800$ i believe there may be truth behind this scam claim...whomever has paid have u seen any results yet..ur not supposed to pay for talent agents "THEY PAY YOU' ...Agents recieve a percentage of what u make thats why if a REAL agent believes they can work with you then the agent supports everything meaning clothes, hotel and food until ur checks start rolling in...That my friends is how you know this is a SCAM!!!
Cr
  26th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We personally know an 18 year old who gave up an academic scholarship to sign with an agency through ProScout. She's livin' the dream. Now I'm taking my son and daughter to the SoCal event in April. Someone has to pay for the coaching you receive on Saturday, the agents housing and the ballrooms, etc. I don't think $800 is outrageous unless you have spent lots of money already on photos and fake modeling agencies like JRP.
Co
  1st of Mar, 2009
I dont think many of you realize what proscout is actually doing.

Do this first: Google Proscout and read the numerous complaints they have gotten. They also have numerous complaints in the Better business bureau. Not many people realize that they are professionals.

Meaning, they all have trained eachother on how to make ProScout look legit. Of course people who attend their events feel as if they are a real company and that they are indeed there to make your dreams come true. But this is their job. This is the way they make money.

I have attended a ProScout event in Washington DC/ Maryland/ Virginia area. They picked out half of the people in the room. After the took all the people they thought would be " good models/actors " They went on to show us a video about their company. All you have to do is pay $500-$800 to have this once in a lifetime opportunity. The funny thing is, they will make about $10, 000 off of one meeting with these people who want to be models and actors. And what will they get? Nothing.

Their photo package are outrageous. Why does it cost so much money to have these portraits made? Modeling agenices dont need to go to scouting events. They have more then enough people who want to sign with them. Take for instance FORD Models. Go to their website and you'll see that if you want to be considered for an interview, you have to turn in pictures and your measurements directly to them.

The agencies who attend the meeting are actually the agencies assistants. They have a booth to give you their cards and a lil chit chat and your back on your way.

How many success stories do they have? About 1 from a group of 1000 people.

If you want to play your cards and spend useless money. Then attend a proscout convention. Have fun. And dont cry too much when you're on your way home, going back to where you started.

SIDE NOTE:

I ended up not going to the invitational convention and decided to use my money to pay for part of my car. BEST decision I have ever made. What I find amusing is that I went to the meeting over 2 years ago. But I still get emails to this day to go to one of their events.
An
  3rd of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Hey everyone, I am a student who has wanted to be an actress since I can remember. Things like this are always getting scam arguments going. I went to Proscout last year, and I also plan to go again in April. Why? Because its fun. Yes, there is A LOT of sitting around, but you meet other people who have the same aspirations, AND it gives you some audition experience. Now, I know $800 is a lot of money, so if you're expecting to go and get a ton of callbacks but you don't know if you should spend the money, you probably shouldn't. One of the only reasons I'm going back this year is the discount, its only $200, and I feel like going last year prepared me to do better this year. Keep in mind that the agents ARE real, but they won't settle. Meaning, you really have to bring it. Why would they pick someone who's only giving 90% when there's others out there (not at ProScout) who are giving 200%? Just because you don't get a callback doesn't mean this is a scam. You just need to understand what you're paying for, and that this is NOT a guaruntee to stardom. =)
AND to anyone who is attending the Boston one in April, I hope to see you there!
Rm
  4th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
i got the call back and thay had a guy who had been scamed when he was a kid and said he would never do that to other kids
Re
  11th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Free speech, like above, gives many the chance to post drivel, misinformation, even nonsense. In many of the above "negative" complaints, complete lies have been floated. Proscout does NOT sell photos... does NOT sell modeling classes... does NOT charge money to get an agent. Even models.com forum moderators are sick to death of uninformed people whining about Proscout in threads, because it's always the same thing - people who don't understand it. Proscout is not an agency - theyt help people MEET AGENCIES. If you think that's easy, dude, stop complaining and go find out the reality for yourslef. Just becuase people don't prepare enough or stand out enough amongst competition, that makes Proscout a scam????? Man, people, grow up and take responsibility. My daughter went to Proscout last year, and it was not a scam - not at all. Just a business forum where you had the chance - a real chance to meet obviously legit agents. I saw people make it big, and yes, others fall short. To see those who fall short go out and write crap like the above is well, embarassing for them.

Even the dude who began this thread who says he is a "former PS agent" is suspect, saying he got paid to go to ProScout. I don't believe his is a legit post for a moment. Even if he was for real, I'm supposed to be a ProScout hater because they have to cough up the airfare and cabfare for the agents? That's why Proscout charges their fee - because they bring you the agents!

So - in closing, if you dont' like paying Proscout to bring you 40 or so major agencies to your nearest city, then buy a couple of plane tickets and fly yourself - and then you can start calling the airlines a scam... because, obviously... they shouldnt charge money either... I mean, after all... you're just a poor old kids who wants to model, right? And all the time it takes, your contacts, your travel costs... eveything you must do to achieve that chance should be for free, right?
Tk
  17th of Mar, 2009
My daughter has attended an event in PA. My opinion is that NO ONE should go with hopes of "getting discovered." What my daughter got out of it was a fantastic weekend socializing with people with similar interests and dreams. She also learned how to present herself as more confident and professional. We thouroughly enjoyed it. I did go in knowing it was somewhat of a "scam." I made her earn half the money to go. Once you go the first time, attending other events is much cheaper. I guess they figure that you are aware of the scam already, so they have to charge less to get you to come.

She did get interviewed and accepted, but was given the name of another agent to contact in order to go further, and they could "only see her on a Tuesday morning." She would have had to miss school several days for us to travel there, and we never did.

My daughter loved it so much that, at 18 years old, she has decided to spend her own hard earned money to go again. She "tested" them by interviewing again, as if she hasn't attended an event before, and they chose her again.

To sum up, don't go with any REAL hopes of getting magically discovered and making money, etc. If you go, just expect to meet a lot of interesting, talented people and have a good time. It's an adventure, but also a bit of a scam.
De
  20th of Mar, 2009
i think ps is a scam too because last year when they came too fresno me and a couple other girls had attended and when we got up there they said ure not wat where looking 4 and this year i went up there by myself and i made it so a few days later the enervention was at orange county on dec 10 and 11 my aunt send 300 in and when we got there they said the money never got to them and my aunt was like how is that when i sent in the money to this axact address. then on top of it we had to pay 400 just too stay 1 night in the hotel. when they said the agents was going too be there they wasnt even there they came the next day. then i wrote proscout and they never wrote bck. DONT FALL 4 PROSCOUT IT IS AFACK SCAM AND THEY JUST WANT URE MONEY...URE NOT SUPPOSED TOO PAY THEM THERE SUPPOSED TOO PAY U EVEN TYRA BANKS SAID SOO...
Sh
  25th of Mar, 2009
okay first of all, you should get a receipt saying you sent the money. and second learn how to spell.
proscout is not a scam. i got invited to the invitational in dallas.
we are paying for them to fly down to watch you and for them to stay in the hotel and for the ballroom and food...
and you dont have to stay at the same hotel they do.
duh.
whoever is saying its a scam is probably just mad because they didnt get picked.