Professional Collection Consultants / predatory collection, illegal collection tactics

1 9004 hemingway plBakersfield, CA, United States
Phone: 661-865-8259

I was served civil papers in late Sept for a debt that was settled with my credit card company back in 2007. However my CC company never took care of this account like my other 3 cards that I paid settlement amounts for back then. So now I remember back in early 2010 someone from PCC called me about this debt and I told them I had 4 of the same bank accounts and also a mortgage with this same company so they needed to send me whatever they think they have as documentation. It never came as required by FDCPA within 5 days upon request.
So I file my response with the court. I receive more collection mail from PCC after they have filed the lawsuit a month earlier. I called their attorney and left a message as to why collection efforts were continuing after a lawsuit was filed. I receive a call-back from someone saying they were calling from the law officecs of the attorney that is listed. After about 8 minutes on the phone i realize it wasnt the attorney but it was the collection agency, PCC. So they represented themselves as an attorney and misled me into thinking I was talking to an attorney. They still tried to collect the account amount while they had me on the phone.
So I am now readying my countersuit and also contacting my CC company for additonal documents and also Attorney General and the FTC for the numerous FDCPA violations.
I also was served the lawsuit at my employer to try to pursuede me into settling the amount instead of trying to make some collection efforts with me at all. They also never sent me the debt amount papers as required by FDCPA within 5-days of filing a lawsuit either.
I made a complaint on the BBB website for Los Angeles county. I found the number they listed for their attorney on my court filings. The phone number is listed as a fax line for PCC. It is not even a good number for their attorney.