Procollect, Inc. / Procollect, Inc. violated the FDCPA and FCRA

Dallas, Texas 75243

Procollect, Inc
9550 Forest Ln. Suite 420
Dallas, Texas 75243

Procollect, Inc. put an inaccurate debt on my credit report. On numerous occasions, I have sent Procollect, Inc. proof that I don’t owe this debt. It was paid in full to the original creditor. They still refuse to remove it from my credit report. I am waiting on a response from the Texas Attorney General’s Office and the Federal Trade Commission. If the Texas Attorney General’s Office doesn’t investigate my case and resolve it, I will have no other choice but to take them to court.

As of today, Procollect has violated 3 federal laws:

1. FDCPA Section 807(8) - Procollect, Inc. is not allowed to pursue collection activity unil the debt is validated.

2. FDCPA Section 807(8) - The debt was disputed. They have failed to report it as disputed to the credit bureaus.

3. FCRA 15 U.S.C 1681s-2 - Procollect, Inc has reported information with actual knowledge and proof of the error. This is considered defamation; willful injury.

If your rights have been violated by this collection agency as well, please email me at derrick.is.d1@gmail.com. I plan on starting a class action lawsuit against this company. I’m sure I’m not the only one having problems with this collection agency.

Based on the links below, this seem to be a tradition for them:

Comments

24th of Sep, 2009

Procollect is an organization led by the coward Lawrence Gingold. When called out of his executive closet his tail is between his legs claiming the "police" have been called. Mind you this is long after his organization of low educated workers have threatened me within an ounce of my life to get money that they were not owed. It's unfortunated that his is a poor leader and speaks volumes for the reasoning behind why the organization operates as it does.

• Se
      6th of Nov, 2009

I have also been scammed by Procollect. I tried to post a detailed comment on Pissed Consumer (where you also posted this), but the site would not accept the comment. Procollect is also complained about on Auto Care Super Saver -- [redacted], by several people. In addition to TX Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission, we should all complain also to the 3 credit bureaus, the two Texas investigative papers (Houston Chronicle and Dallas Morning News), BBB, and 60 Minutes. Maybe we can get something done about these crooks. Class action suit is another option.

• Se
      2nd of Oct, 2010

Hello,
    I am the son of a WELL educated Procollect employee, and i couldn't help myself from leaving some sort of
    comment to you fine forum, room folks. If you people Don't PAY YOUR BILLS, you WILL have to face some sort of consequence for your idiotic way of thought Thinking that everything is free in life and you can get out of any situation by suing everyone and whining like little children on the internet will get you nowhere. Don't believe
    me? Well, its been a year since you have posted these comments and im betting that BBB and 60 minutes didn't find this subject "News Worthy", well that would mean that they must pay their bills and unlike you, already know what happens when you don't. My father is NOT a crook, you, the people who think that it is ok not to pay your dues are the real criminals., love & peace :)
    An 18 year old

• Da
      26th of Oct, 2010

procollect has a debt on my credit they have me living at a place i have never heard of i have proof with a signed lease that i was living somewhere else at the time of this proposed other lease davis.19641717@sbcglobal.net

• Da
      26th of Oct, 2010

procollect has a debt on my credit that i was living somewhere i have never heard of they say i owe 3600 i have a signed lease of where i live now i was living here at the same time they say i was living there now i cant lease the apartment i so desperately need

• Go
      30th of Oct, 2010

To the son of the very well educated pro collect employee. I don't think people are disputing their bills here (some are - some aren't), what at issue is here are the tatcics that your dad's company uses when trying to collect on these debts. You must know that our entire monetary system is built on debt, that is how vaue is created in our country. There will be times when hard working Americans meet tough times and have to prioritize what needs to be paid and what can wait, the tactics that pro collect uses when these situations occur are inhumane and often times break the collection laws established in efforts to "bully", "intimidate" or "scare" people. Working out payment solutions is not good enough for some of these "Collection Experts". Your dad may be one of the better one's (so I hope), but alot of these "Collection Experts" are no better than two bit, mostly uneducated, bullies who probably owe money to folks themselves. The sad part is that the executive managers in the company and supervisors down the chain of command condone and encourage this sort of unethical behavior all the time. If they just followed the laws and guidlines of collecting debts, then everything would work out fine - but the truth is that there is alot of profit toi be made when you purchase a $100 debt for $10 - and they are determined to get their money regardless of what they have to do for it. There are other groups like this who follow these same type of unethical ways of collecting money - The Mob, drug dealers, extortionist, and blackmail artist.

• Go
      30th of Oct, 2010

Davis7 - you should immediately dispute the debt in writing, specifically requesting proof of the original debt, a break down of what is owed and where it came from. Send this to Pro Collect and make sure you get deliver confirmation or a return receipt to confirm when they have received your written correspondence. From that point on they have to report it as being disputed and have 30 days to produce the information showing where the debt originated. You should follow up with the credit reporting agencies immediatley after delivery is confirmed and make sure it is in this status during this time. Hope this helps.

• Te
      16th of Nov, 2010

I am in agreement with all the comments made in referenced to Procollect. I am now in a dispute with Procollect. They purchsed a debt from an apartment complex where I resided. The apartment complex filed a lawsuit against me in which the case was dismissed, only to sell the debt in which they sued to collect to Procollect. Procollect failed to notify myself as well as my attorney of such debt but instead reported it to all three credit bureaus. They also failed to respond to my attorneys dispute but opted to continue to repeately report the negative information to the credit bureaus when contacted by the FTC, Experian, Trans Union and Equifax. As it stands now my score is depleting as they continue to keep reporting. So my next step now is to bring suit against Procollect for the damages.

• Fi
      14th of Dec, 2010

Procollect is an unscrupulous junk debt collector with deplorable tactics. They are attempting to collect an alleged debt from over 4 years ago which is way past the Statute of Limitations. When I told them over the phone that I needed proof of the alleged debt, they screamed at me & said that I should know that I need to pay it. The yelled over me in an attempt to control the conversation so that I couldn't get a word in & then hung up on me. They violated the FDCPA several times in that one phone call. I've since mailed them a dispute letter, a SOL letter, & cease & desist letter via certified return receipt requested. I advise you all to stand up for your rights against these scam artists!

• Pr
      4th of Jan, 2011

So I mailed Procollect a certified letter asking them to stop all contact with me other than USPS mail. Now they are not only still calling me but they are now also calling my mom at her home! I just filed a complaint against Procollect with the Texas State Attorney General, the Federal Trade Commission, & the Better Business Bureau. I don't know if any of these complaints will lead to anything but I feel that if no one at least tries then these jerk-offs will keep doing this to other people. Please everyone file complaints against Procollect! The online forms are quick & easy to use. Don't let these crap collectors take advantage of consumers!

• Jh
      25th of Jan, 2011

Please file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General against Procollect if they keep calling you even after you told them to cease & desist calling you . I had written Procollect a letter telling them to stop calling me but they kept at it and also started calling my family members on their phones as well. Then I filed an online complaint with the BBB who also contacted Procollect regarding my complaint, after about 2 weeks Procollect finally stopped calling. I also filed a complaint with the Attorney General, too. If enough people complain about this crappy company's violations then something can be done & action can be taken against them. Please don't let your rights get violated!

• De
      1st of Feb, 2011

I want to know why ProCollect is not required to send statements on a monthly, quarterly, or even at the request of a debtit-er? Only time I have ever received anything from them in the (snail)mail is when THEY want me to pay off the bill with a so called "30% discount and deleted from (my) credit report". As many times as I have called and tried to request just one statement of some kind, telling me what my current balance is and my payments made, I ALWAYS get the same BS "we don't do that." WTH!!! Where are my rights as a debit-er?

• Wt
      28th of Feb, 2011

I just received a call from ProCollect 2 days ago, stating of a Debt at an old apartment complex I had leased in. I was never contacted by the apartments and had nothing notifying me of this debt. This is very upsetting as I do not like having debt and pay my bills on time as to have good credit(730+). The lady that called me explained the charges and told me to go to an Ace Express to pay off the debt. Afterwards I call her back with the conformation number and she will send me an e-mail stating it has been removed off my credit report. A weird thing is that she called my sister at her home and stated I put her down as a reference(which I never provided any information regarding this). What is she getting at with calling my sister? My main question is(as I've never had to deal with a collector) does this sound right? Do I ask for a letter/e-mail for a statement first? Or just pay up? I do not want this on my credit and want to make sure that ProCollect keeps there word once I pay up.

• Wr
      25th of Mar, 2011

I recently had an Apt. Co. put a charge on my credit for leaving my flooded apt. early for breaking my lease even though I gave them 30 days notice and I had pictures of roof and damage. I called procollect (Larry Gingold) about debt was was able to settle my debt for less than half and he remvoed it from my credit. He was really kind and understanding. And so was Mrs. Borden who took care of final paperwork. Mr Gingold and Mrs. Borden made sure my new apt Co. was aware debt was paid in full and faxed all paperwork necessary to clarify the debt was paid in full. numerous times. Procollect kept heir word and went above and beyond and as far helping clear the debt at credit bureauand faxing proof to new apt. I think they are a legitimate company and I'm so glad that the president of this company was so easy to talk to and work with. Ms. borden was also more than just helpful, she is kind and understanding. An outstanding employee. If you are honest with them and do not threaten or be hard to work with it will be taken care of. I still don"t think I owed apt any money but this is what happens when you break a lease regardless of apt. fault. WJR

• Tp
      8th of Nov, 2012

I am currently going through hell ! All I wanted to do was pay my debt and clear my credit report and get documentation. Unfortunately, this issue is under my rental history but the debt is for a past dental procedure. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN ? Anyway, I need the documentation in order to even move to a new apartment community. Since I have emailed the CEO / President with no response. The email somehow was forwarded back to one of the reps previously assisting me. At least, she was the nice one. Where is the leadership ??? I don't know what to do anymore. Honestly, this company is very sad and provide no real answers.

• Cc
      17th of Sep, 2013

they did the same thing to me, i will fight them to the end

• Lo
      1st of May, 2014

This is for the public that's dealt with Procollect collection agency. If you have been disrespected, ridiculed, and humiliated, please sign this petition to have management replaced. They have violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act numerous times. Its time to take a stand. Just because we had owed/owe money, they do not have to right to treat us like this. I will get this partition signed, notify the BBB, and get this put into action. Please go and sign . http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/procollect

1st of Jun, 2016

I am trying to buy a home and was informed by my lender that Procollect has a collection notice on my credit for a broken lease at some apartments that I used to live in back in 2008. The guy that broke the lease has the same first name as me and the same last name however his second last name is different, his date of birth is different, his driver license is different and he doesn't even have a social from the info that I was provided by the apartments. Somehow this idiots at Procollect still somehow are putting this on me even after I have provided evidence that they have the wrong person! What can I do to get this off my credit please help!!!

1st of Jun, 2016

i am in the process of buying a home and was informed by my lender that Procollect has a collection notice on my credit report for a broken lease at some apartments that I lived in back in 2008. I have called my apartments and verified that the person that broke their lease somebody completely different, is someone that broke a lease in 2012 with the same first and last name as me. They also verified the person that broke the lease has a different 2nd last name, different birthdate, different apartment #, and different driver license with no social security # on file. I have made Procollect aware of this and have provided them with evidence that they have the wrong person and they still refuse to take this off my credit what can I do??? Please help!!!

• Pa
      31st of Aug, 2016

They're just horrible. i spoke to them for the 1st time ever and was treated as if I've been breaking promises for a year. I am wiling to pay, but on a scheduled date not on the 1st day they call and we speak without warning.