Platinum Stages / Salesman Lied to get a sale

Platinum Stages
Don't Purchase a pole from Platinum Stages Kevin!!! I recently sought a pole for my apartment complex and specifically stated this to Kevin over the phone about how I didn't want a pole that would ruin my ceiling. I told him I wanted to purchase a stand alone pole and asked if it could be cut to fit my apartment. He assured me that it was no problem, he would have it sized to my measurements given. I talked to him several times to be SURE that the pole would fit and submitted my measurements to him via the payment comments. On the receipt I was emailed, it showed he changed the measurements to 2 inches below what I had submitted to ensure the fit. However, when I got my pole it was 10ft tall even though I submitted 8.5 feet measurements! After calling him back to complain he changed his story saying that all the stage poles come at 10 ft and you have to buy extensions to shorten them. I told him I had spoken to someone prior to purchasing specifically about the length because it was important for my living situation (Even though I knew I was speaking to him). He said he didn't know why someone would tell me that because all of the stage poles were shipped at 10ft. I told him that whomever I had spoken with wasn't very knowledgeable of their product because they should have told me that instead of lying and also adding it to my receipt as if it were being done. That's when he spoke up to say It was him whom I'd spoken with and that yes, he is knowledgeable of the products he sells, then proceeded to sell me the extension. NO WAY ARE YOU GETTING AN ADDITONAL 54.99 OUT OF ME!!! I contacted XPoleUS and Heidi and Stephanie helped me very well. Plus I paid several dollars LESS for an extension through them. I wish I would have purchased from my pole them in the first place. They were nice and after resolving matters with them I felt better about my purchase. Kevin is a swindler. He was just looking to make a sale any way possible. BEWARE!
May 1, 2015