Planet Fitness / accounting/membership
Planet Fitness has to be investigated for their illegal accounting practices. They continue to charge my card for the past SEVEN months although I have cancelled my membership last October. Due to immediate relocation I have not used the gym even once. I have spoken to them several times over the phone, sent cancellation letters by mail and by fax. They ignore my request, lie that they have not received letters, pretend they have not heard of my request, etc. This month, May 2008, they have charged my card twice already. Even my bank with whom I am disputing the charges is appalled that such a business could legally exist. Please be aware of joining such an establishment.
They engage in illegal transactions. Their policies have to be investigated. It seems that charging people's credit cards is an accepted and encouraged practice as a revenue generator. Once they have your card they will use it regardless of your membership status. Class action suit is pending.
More Planet Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Planet Fitness - annual fee charge 
- Planet Fitness - rude staff and manager! 
- Planet Fitness - be careful when quiting this gym! 
- Planet Fitness - freezing membership! 
- Planet Fitness - billing practices 
- Planet Fitness - they keep charging my bank account & won't let me cancel the contract
- Planet Fitness - manager matt smalley
- Planet Fitness - customer service
- Planet Fitness - facilities
- Planet Fitness - richmond california manager earvin romero