pimsleur approch / programs automatic sent

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

Pimsleur language tapes started autmaticly arriving an automatic deductions came on my credit card. for tapes i didnt order an service i didnt want . 59.00 each month. I told there customer service i didnt order an didnt want them. they automatic entered me in there gold tape list . I disputed with them an my credit card comapny . Pimsleur says because i didnt return the trail tapes with in 15 days i was billed an started automatic shipping an charges ..each month. january i told them stop an refused any shipments. stop charging me.
This company is scaming people like me . by entering in a program you don not order an want. Be ware.

Comments

• Co
      4th of Apr, 2009

It is true. This company--PimsleurApproach, located in Philadelphia-- seems to be trying to defraud its customers. Unbelievable. PimsleurApproach sent me this sizeable package, informed me that it was my obligation to call some number *anytime* to arrange to return it or else they would continue sending me more language discs and bill me $59 for a total of times, which comes to $236 if my addition is correct.

I called the number. It is not available anytime, but only M-F, business hours. That is 25% of the time, not *anytime*. I don't know what is going on with this company. It feels like they are running a scam. That is just speculation on my part, but such speculations come to mind.

What an incredible hassle for me. I order and paid for a product I wanted a month ago and then all of a sudden this. I myself personally will never have another interaction with PimsleurApproach. I personally would not trust them with my personal information. If they didn't have my credit card number that I provided to purchase what I wanted a month ago, I wouldn't now have to worry about them billing my credit card four times. They wouldn't have that leverage on me.

I personally am telling my credit card company and the Federal Trade Commission. Here is their mission statement and contact info:

The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, collects complaints about companies, business practices, identity theft, and episodes of violence in the media.

Why: Your complaints can help us detect patterns of wrong-doing, and lead to investigations and prosecutions. The FTC enters all complaints it receives into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database that is used by thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement authorities worldwide. The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.