Philippe Richard Cookware

Bad cookware

4.6
philippe richard
Florida
My husband purchased a 5 - qt. Pressure cooker and it has been used not that often, one of the handles broke. So he kept on using anyway. But somehow the pressure regulator was misplaced, and we have been looking all over the internet to try to purchase both items. Guest what all we were able to find was a rating / complain page, oh and where to buy them. What surprises me is that a well know dept. Store as jc penneys would sell this kind of products, that as we can see is of inferior quality, and has no way communication policy. Cindy zayas
Complaint comments Comments (71)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

A  2nd of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Got a Philippe Richard 8 qt. pressure cooker for Christmas...what a piece of you know what this is! From the very first time I used it, it did not work. It won't seal properly, leaks all over the stove...I can't begin to say how disappointed I am with it. JCP (place of purchase) is also getting a strongly worded letter concerning the pot...p.s., DO NOT put ANY Philippe Richard cookware in your dishwasher!
A  20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree with everything I have read about these pans, they are the worse cook ware that I have ever own, plus you can not get a hold of any one to complain. I also got mind at Penneys.

Carol Sorensen
N  10th of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
These pans are not even worth the tin cans they are made of. I just got a 21 piece set. The frying pan was really bent and the first time that i used the 5 quart pan the handle broke off. These pans are horrible.
Jenifer Carr
A  16th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought the same stuff and I'm very unsatifird with it also . It is the worse cooking set I ever owned. The inside peeling -food sticks - outside scratched and terrible looking and I've only had just about 2 months . Everything burns also.
A  23rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just bought an 8qt prsr cooker. I've only used i tnot more than 20 times and the gasket or seal has almost wasted! not satisfied with the quality of this brand...
~Xavier A. Mejia
A  24th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am another fool who bought into the great price of Phillipe Richard at Penny's. Used only a few times and there is rust on the inside coating. The teflon as well is stained. The screws that hold the handles are rusted too. Big waste of money!
Theresa
N  11th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
This cookware its really bad!!! Dont ever buy anythinga from this company. By the way i found a number from the company were you can call and make a complaint!! They wont give you your money back but they will replace them. . . !!! The number is 310. 549. 6000. . . They have lifetime warranty!!!
A  12th of May, 2009 by    -1 Votes
This has got to be the worst cookware on the market .I have only had it for a month and now unable to use, bought at JC Penneys thinking they only sell good products.I don't want them replaced, the product is horrible.
A  14th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I found this site trying to find the Philippe Richard website. I too could only find complaints. I bought a 31pc Cutlery set for my mom for mother day, from JCPenny's. Once she opened it up, the block had 31 spots for the cutlery but one of them wasn't even hollowed out. I took it back to JCP, and traded the block out. The first box I looked in had the very same problem. It seems as though this company has no quality control department.
N  7th of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes
My cookware is also rusting and chipping. I have only had them a few months. How sad!
A  22nd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I also bought my set as a gift at jc penny i feel we aii need to compain to them also that they carry such a horrible product this was my big savings on black friday and my pans are rusting and one came with hole they are horrible
N  8th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Also purchased at J.C. Penny. Only used a few times, coating is peeling off. Very disappointed in this product. Feel like I threw my money out the window.
Also sent in receipt for a rebate and never received it.
A  20th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I completely agree with you, especially about the health hazard. I bought a set for my daughter. The gray nonstick coating turns brown and emits a strange odor and now in less than 3 weeks is now turning black in spots. I told her to stop using them because I don't think they are safe and the fact that they are made in CHINA is not good either consider past reports of products made in china. We are going to try to return them to JC Penny as defective merchandise. COMPLETE JUNK!!! I aslo posted a complaint.
A  27th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I purchased a 21 piece cookware for a feburary wedding gift. How embarassing when the bride showed me her pots and pans all peeling and rusting.What can I do??
A  25th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
this is horrible cookware! I also got mine at Penney's. I wonder if it's some kind of store brand. It's awful, all the non stick stuff comes off and I never use metal, always bamboo and plastic to stir with. I don't scrub with harsh agents, this is the worst cookware I have ever owned
A  2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
we came to this site looking for a number to call about the rebate that we were due, there is nothing but complaints. what a surprise, I didn't get the rebate because they needed a barcode for item purchased. There was no barcode in the box. I guess that's how they get you. Why do JCP sell this merchandize? They are going to loose loyal costumers.
N  18th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
No bad news yet:
I bought an unused 8 quart philippe richards pressure cooker.
Paid 10 bucks for it.

The sides immediately became stained with black beans, but I can care less. What an idiotic waste of time it would be to keep it looking pretty.

There's no silly teflon coating in my cooker. Despite cooking surfaces being fully metal, the cooker cleans quickly with plain water. No problems with sticking...but I haven't cooked it dry yet.

No problems yet, but anything made with a rubber seal is gonna hit the shitter at some point. Make sure you don't use too much pressure. That rubber is probably not designed for higher temperatures, which are reached with too much pressure and too little water.

ta ta
D  26th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Wow. Either I got a really good fluke of a 12 quart pot, or you guys don't know how to handle stainless steel cookware. I used this pot during canning season to make berry syrup, preserves, salsa, ketchup, pizza sauce, and meat stock. It goes in the dishwasher (glass lid with rubberized handle, too) and let me tell you it got a workout in the past year. It's an excellent pot and I'm going to buy more!
A  10th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I cannot believe I paid money for this junk! These are the worst pots and pans I have ever used. They do not heat evenly and therefore the center of the pans burn. Everything sticks to them no matter how much cooking spray or oil you use and the coating is peeling off. My pots and pans also rust even if I handwash them and dry them, when I take them out of the cubbard they are covered with rust on the inside. The handle of one of the saucepans even snapped off when I was cooking with it. These are going right to the garbage!! I also purchased mine from Penneys.
A  18th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
These strange people apparently believe they can run a business on one-time sales, since they don't pay their rebates. All your work making sure that all the rebate provisions are fulfilled is a waste, since there's no evidence that they ever intended to reduce their immediate profits by the honesty of redeeming the rebates by which they sucker us in. Oh well, I guess $20 is a small scam to suffer to find out about these people. After six months all my cookware is in good shape. The experiences of others reported here make me realize I have a lot for which to be thankful. Thank you all. I'll join you in speading the word.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree