Philippe Richard Cookware / Fraud and cheating

Like another report I read here, i also purchased a set of Philippe Richard, cookware at JCPenneys. I sent in the rebate receipt, and filled in all information required. I sent it in in the beginning of December at the latest. It is now the beginning of March, and I have not heard back. I kept copies of the receipt. I intended to look online for their contact, and phone the company, only to fail to find an official site for them, just others that sell their products. If anyone knows how to contact them, I'd like to try.

Li

Comments

• Tr
      8th of Apr, 2009

I also purchased a set of the Pphilippe Richard Pans from JC Penney and have not received my rebate. I emailed them and they told me they had several rebates with the same name and wanted my address. I was wondering if anyone else has received any type of response from the company- good or bad?

• Sl
      13th of Apr, 2009

I also purchased the set with a $40 rebate. Mailed it on Dec 11. It is now April13th and no contact from them

• Jm
      14th of Apr, 2009

I found the manufacturer.

• Va
      28th of Apr, 2009

I also purchased a set from them through JCPenny back in Christmas. I sent my rebate in according to the instructions on the receipt and have not heard anything from them. I just purchased three more pots with $20.00 rebate, but since I fumble across this page I might have to return the pots cuz without the rebate the price would be rediculously high.

• Ls
      16th of Jul, 2009

I did the same thingp. Did anyone get their rebates?

• Jm
      20th of Jul, 2009

Hi,
    Was this rebate direct from the manufacturer? If so, here is the web address:

Also, the Better Business bureau, if no resolution, file a complaint:

Just the Better Business Bureau website address

I contacted the manufacturer directly about the nonstick coating coming off where the inside rivets are in the pans and did get a response back. I've had the pans for over a year, so i don't have a rebate, but i wanted to let them know about the quality problem.

• Ph
      27th of Aug, 2009

I purchased my Pans in Dec. its been 8 months and i haven, t heard any thing also. And I wish there was a phone number to call. Jim Hyder

• Zz
      27th of Aug, 2009

This is the manufacturer website. They carry many differents brands including this one.
    http://www.tabletopsunltd.com/en/main.html#contact us?id=60&cl=contact

when you click on the second page, it has PHILIPPE RICHARD®
    only at JCPenney

Click on Customer service.

For rebates related questions:

Our business hours are M-F 8am-5pm
    Central Time.

• Gl
      29th of Aug, 2009

I bought a set of knifes at JC Penney at Christmas. I sent rebate in but did not get rebate. The set both pair of the scissors broke and the knifes are rusting. they are suppose to be stainless steel. I am very disappointed in the prouduct.

• Cu
      29th of Aug, 2009

I am sorry. For your troubles I am authorizing a new shipment.

22nd of Sep, 2009

I sent my rebate cupon at July 13, 2009 and I have no heard ane reciven anithing from you. can you help me with this. thank you

• Sw
      26th of Oct, 2009

I purchased a 12 qt Phillippe Richard stock pot from JC Penney's last October. I've used it a few times, and the bottom and sides of the inside of the pot have rusted. I won't use it any longer because of this. I have tried to find a website for this company, but have been able to do so. Does anyone know how to contact this company?

• Tr
      14th of Dec, 2009

My father and I also purchase a set of Phillippe Richard pots and pans. We sent off the documents, and followed INSTRUCTIONS to the "T". I got concerned after 4 months had passed by so I called customer service (1-800-457-4959) only to hear that they do not have a rebate for either of us. The reason being: no upc code. B.S.! They are finding any reason not to give us our rebate. FRAUD!

• Jj
      6th of Mar, 2010

I also brought a Philippe Richard jumbo cooker pan from JC Penney on 10/26/2009 and have yet to receive my $20 rebate. I followed all mailing instructions. I have tried to research this online @ www.ttucorp.com and the reults were no rebate found. I have also called customer service @ 1-800-497-4959. I agree that they intentionally set out to fraud the consumer.

• Ji
      4th of Apr, 2010

I bought a whole set from Macy's. Garbage. The Teflon is bubbling and peeling. The expose pot is rusting. I've got really cheap aluminum Teflon pots that have lasted longer. And we only use plastic or wood, no metal, when we serve or stir.

• Sm
      10th of Apr, 2010

I have not received my rebate from 11/27/09, of $30.00 dollars.I got the $10.00 rebate, but not the $30.00 dollars, and I don't know what to do, can somebody give me some answer.I need my $30.00 dollars, I hae not used the pots yet, but from what I reading .I would like to return them, and get my money back .

• Mi
      20th of Jun, 2010

I brought the pot set from JCpennys about 2 months ago and have not received a rebate I did copy down the 1800 number off the receipt it is 1800-497-4959 press 4500 for rebate depaertmentwhen prompt. I hope this helps.
    The web site off the receipt was www.ttucorp.com/en/rebate

• Mr
      15th of Jul, 2010

I just called the number 310.549.6000 and spoke with an agent named Agnes. She said that we did not send in the top portion of the rebate form. The form says to cut off and send the bottom portion. If we would have sent in the top portion we would never have seen the name: Philippe Richard or known of this site with all the complaints.

They asked us to confirm the date of sale. Agnes said we should now see a check within 7 - 10 days. I'm not sure if we should hold our breath or not. She seemed very nice and honest so we will now wait. What's the old saying? "The Checks in the Mail". I hope they have been honest with us.

Just think of how much money they are making on those who may have not sent in their request, those who did not send in everything they should have or those who just gave up.

"Now you know the rest of the story", how companies make money on rebates.

• Mi
      22nd of Oct, 2010

I am also past due date to receive a promised rebate from JC Penney’s purchase of the Home collection frying pan. I called the 1-800-497-4959 number and selected 4500 as an agent extension for the rebates. There was only a message so I left all my information asking them to call me back and that their rebate check is 1 week past 10 weeks. Nobody called me back, so I called again the next day. I did speak to a woman that time. I had to spell my name 5 times to her; I was put on hold 6 times by her and I she told me that my name is not in the system “yet”. I was told to call back in one week. I explained politely that I will call back, however I will not accept not receiving the rebate as it is their legal obligation to fulfill their rebate promise. We as customers are protected by a law. You can complaint to FTC, Attorney General, and to the BBB (if they are registered there) if you don’t receive a rebate, FTC and Attorney General has to be mane in the state where the company is from which is California.
    I am a person of principles and had to complaint before one time and the Attorney General resolved my problem. I also received letters confirming my claim. Please have evidence available for the complaint – I did. I write down each phone call I make, time and who do I talk to and I have copies of all paperwork regarding the purchase and complaints.

• Ar
      13th of Nov, 2010

I also purchased a set of pots in July from JC Penney's and mailed off everything according to the instructions and have not received anything . After finding this website I do beleive this company is out to defraud the public and I really think they should be reported to the proper authorities. The major department stores like JC Penney's and Macy's should be made aware of this and they should not sell this companies products. This will stop them from committing this fraud to the public. I will definitely pursue exposing this company to the major department stores.