Peridress.comnot legit!

1 Review updated:

Long story short - bought all my bridesmaid dresses from here because they were $3 cheaper than the other online shop we looked at. Huge mistake!! What peridress doesn't tell you is that they a) are in china, and b) are not authorized to sell any of the products they have on their site. When I received the dresses and saw they didn't look like the picture, AND didn't look like the color swatch that I got from Mori Lee. After calling around a few places (they all knew who peridress was), it became obvious that I bought from the wrong place. One retailer even pointed out that when you google this website, there are tons of negative reviews on their quality, color and service.

Comments

• Fe
      May 04, 2010

I was very disapionted in peridress. I been extra charged at delivery time (two times), so thats mean that there is no free delivery in UK as its web site states. I asked peridress why i been charged for and her answer was- becouse of currency exchange. How rediculous is that.

• De
      Jun 14, 2010

I purchase a dress and paid for expedited delivery to ensure three were no problems. They contacted me to say delivery had been delayed but it would be hear the week before required. However the dress still did not arrive on time and I had to leave for a wedding out of the country without my dress. This meant I was shopping for a wedding dress on the day of the wedding. When I returned to UK the dress had eventually arrived but the stitching on bodice to skirt was so poor it was all falling apart. I asked Peridress to arrange a return and they have refused to take it back. I would not recommend anyone used them they provide poor service and very poor quality garments
    Debbie Edgar

• So
      Jul 26, 2010

I ordered a dress on short notice. They did expedite it and I did receive it in time. The color was on target but I have to say, not well made. You could probably get away with it if it's a simple design. I also strongly suggest ordering it in a bigger size. Mine is so small, there is no way I can wear it and I purposely ordered it bigger to accommodate some tailoring. Now I don't know what I'm going to do because I only have two weeks until my wedding day! I have a feeling, based on the feedback, I'll never get my money back, either.

Jul 27, 2010

I was afraid to order on line, but the prices are sooo much nicer then in the store on peridress.com.
    I was looking for a 2nd time wedding, so wanted something elegant yet simplistic. Also we were in a rush. I ordered on July 15th, 2010 and put an extra deposit to "rush" the dress. I'm 6'feet tall and so had to get extra length as well.
    I was told that the dress would be 20 business days so August 12th I could expect it..pushing it really close for an August 21st wedding so I bought some back ups at Nordstrom that I knew i could return should this not work out.

Wow, It came July 27th (today) and it looks beautiful. I'm actually really surprised seeing as though there are a lot of negative comments). I'm a real person in Brentwood, California (bay area) and I took the chance seeing as though everything is made in China anyways..

This dress has some beading around the neck line, (it's a halter style) small train, material is nice, very white, definitely NOT cheesy in anyway.. I would say to anyone, take a chance as long as you are ordering something simple, it shouldn't be too hard. My wedding dress is beautiful and cost 110.00 (did not include the shipping that i had to pay to rush)
    If you have any questions, let me know.

Sep 02, 2010

Ok, ...I do not know how to revise my statement above. When i got home and tried the dress on it would have needed A LOT of atlerations to make it work. I had to get a new dress from Nordstrom which i loved. This dress from Peridress is on ebay now and i was really honest. If you know how to do alterations, it was a good base to start with..but that is about it. It did not fit, looks like a high schoolers first attempt at copying a dress. I would not waste your money on this website. Find somethig in person.
    If you are a size 8 and need a second wedding dress, halter style, you can buy mine that i purchased at Nordstrom..way better.

• Vi
      Nov 14, 2010

I have just recieved my dress - what a let down. It only fitted on the hips. There was no problem with the actual delivery time, it arrived when it was meant too. The sewing of the dress is not of high quality. The back of the dress was not striaght. I needed the dress to take to the US on the 15 December so I gave myself plenty of lead time in case it was not right. They offered me a 20% discount on a new dress sent fast courier so that I would recieve it in the first week of December. I am not going to take them up on their "offer".

• De
      Nov 19, 2010

We too had problems with wedding dress we ordered. Peridress (Lily He) pretended to be cooperative but would not give us an address that we could send the dress back to for a return. We ordered from Peridress and the actual dress came from China with the return address of Periwing (which also had the dress on their website with a better description). Lily He admitted that Peridress and Perwing are sister companies but they have different rules, thus failed to be cooperative. We were very dissatisfied with the dress an lack of service. We had to go out and purchase another wedding dress and now have an extra dress that is useless to us.

Beware!

• Pe
      Apr 05, 2011

Have sadly ordered from Peridress - so wish I had read all the warning signs before doing so. My dress and bridesmaids dresses are now overdue. I have called them several times only to get a voicemail message to say that they will respond to an email in 2 working days. Having left 4 already froma month ago onwards i still have had no contact from them. No contact, no dresses and over £300 wasted of what little money I earn. What a scam.

Apr 21, 2011

Well, what can I say, same as last comment (the one before mine), after 2 (!!) month of wait for the dress, several email communications and chat conversations...I still don't have the dress, and am about GBP 200.00 lighter too! And this with 2 weeks to go to the wedding!!!
    I have saved all chat transcripts of the last 2/3 days with Freda, the one 'in charge' of my order...HA! In charge of what may I ask?? Not even today she was able to tell me the exact date of shipping and was trying to give me the story that it takes a whole month (excuse me??) for the embroidery. That's after I confirmed/paid for my order on 25th Feb...we have the 21st April now.
    Hm, very strange, since the style I ordered has very little embroidery to start with as I like it rather sweet and simple. Anyways, I will however research the right authorities one needs to complain to (since they are manufacturers in China, trading internationally). Even if this doesn't help me right now. It's less about the money but definitely about the additional stress, anxiety and disappointment of being without a wedding dress on your special day...after two months of 'production'. S C A M!!!

• Tr
      Apr 26, 2011

its a total dissapointment am shocked for the serivce peridress gives, i apaid for the dress on 25th of may, still i havent got teh dress yet, its a total disaster peridress, its all fake i do not recommend any of the brides to get it from the site!!!

Apr 26, 2011

After my post above and another posted directly onto their website, all of a sudden I have now had confirmation by them and the courier service that the shipment has now reached London. So am waiting here at work for the courier to turn up. I still have some hope that the dress proves me wrong in my negative opinion about peridress (I so wish) but I will have to see when I get home to unpack the dress. So...watch this space!

• Tr
      Apr 27, 2011

I ordered a dress on 25th of February 2011, for my best friend who is in Sri Lanka, I am in Australia currently, I chat with them in march and in April too, perdeess, Lily He senior consultant -customer service, she advised me that that my friend will receive the dress on April 20th, they let me down really badly, they said they will give the tracking no once they ship it, still they haven't done the dress, when I chat they say "
    "we are working hard on your dress"now thru again promised me that she will get it by 28th April, when I chat for the past two days, Lily He is saying still the dress has not finished, my question is for 11/2 months what they were doing, I bought the dress for my friend, she has preapared everything except the dress, wedding is on 7th April, still Lily He could not give me a a answer, I am totally disappointed, she said that she will call me, never rang me, I don't know what to do now, I am really honest, this made me stressed too, my friend bride to be, she is facing a awful situation, telling me she made a mistake, we all made a big mistake, I am gonna take this to highest as I am working in Media, not to never ever buy from this site, it's confused, dissapoiting, fake, I do not recommend to anybody !!

This is

• M2
      Apr 27, 2011

Ordered my wedding dress ing January or this year now it is April 2011 and I still have not received dress... lots of e-mails of apology but still no dress.. they have promised delivery on 20th May 2011... I will keep you all posted. Very disapointed and wish I had seen all these posts before I Ordered the wedding dress... looks like I will have to go and buy one before its tooo late... fed up and frustrated!

Apr 28, 2011

I ordered my wedding gown March 30, 2011. They said I would have my dress by April 20th, but I recieved an email requesting more time, which I agreed since my wedding isnt until 2012 (Thank God). I also spoke several times via online chat with customer service rep; Freda, which now gave me the date of May 20th. I am so worried. I read all these post and I am so thankful that I not in a crunch for my gown, but now I worry that even if I recieve my gown will it be up to par or look like a pre-school project? I will keep you all posted with the end result. **anxious in Texas**

May 05, 2011

I don't advise that anyone purchase from this site AT ALL!!! I ordered my gown in February, and it was supposed to arrive on April 11th in Phila. here in the States. My wedding isn't until September 10th, 2011 so I had enough time, and I even ordered it waaaaaay too big so that if there were any problems, it could be fixed without a problems. So, I waited, and waited, and waited, with lots of email chats in between with this "Freda" who kept telling me that the needed a little while longer because of the detail, so it actually didn't arrive until 2 days ago. My fiance' eagerly ran upstairs to throw the parcel onto the floor (the plastic was FILTHY), and said that it was from China so we knew what it was. So he kissed me, and left out for work, and before he hit the door, I had already ripped it open, very carefully because they don't even wrap it up very good. When I got it open, I was confused at first because it is a very big ball gown, but once I got my bearings, and tried it on, I was so upset because it was so horrible sewn, that it was hanging all over the place, draped in the wrong spots, and all of the extra time that they need for the detail, obviosly didn't work because it was falling off, and it was even cut right down the middle, and shredded. The beadwork was even coming unloose and believe me I washed my hands for about 5 minutes, I took my engagement ring off as well so that nothing would mess the gown up and I just panicked. I contacted them right away, and they said that they wanted photos of it, so I took approx. 30, and they actually toyed with me for hours over night saying that they didn't receive them. I have to get up at 1am or so because of the time difference, so I was chatting with a new person called "Miles", for hours, and we didn't stop until almost 5am. He promised that he would fix it, and I asked for Freda, but they said that she was no longer there anymore (what???), but they didn't advise me to send it back for repairs because it may have gotten messed up during the shipping, and it may get messed up on the way back to China. No, it was just "shotty" work, and poor craftmenship that caused that kind of damage. They messed with the wrong person stealing millions of dollars around the world from brides-to-be expecting the dress of their dreams. Look we all know that they are replicas, but if you go to a seamstress and ask for a gown that has those same features, it would never look that way!! I wish I could have seen this prior to ordering, but they made all of those comments up on their site, and you can't even reply on their site either. Scam, scam, scam!!! I am alerting the media, and the B.B.B, and customs as well because this isn't a legit company at all.

May 05, 2011

Oh not to mention, I am ill. I have a disease that causes my body to attack my pancreas, and I also have Epilepsy as well. I made them aware of that, and that's why I really ordered from them. It was just easier for me because I can't do a lot of running around because when I ordered the gown, I was actually having a pancreatic attack. They are such jerks!!

May 06, 2011

I also made the mistake of buying from Peridress (do not order from this company) I can't stress this enough I ordered 5 bridesmaid dresses form them which I thought was in the uk they asked for extra time to make them which I agreed to.
    They said the dresses were sent out on the 11-4-11 and gave me a tracking number which showed the dresses in Lisbon Portugal in customs, I rang TNT who the shipping company is they told me the parcel was addressed to a portuguese lady and a portuguese address.
    I emailed the company 5 times with no response this was over a week ago so I contacted paypal whom I though would help as I paid through them for safety ha another mistake, what I didn't know is onece 45 days has passed ebay will not open a dispute for you so from ordering the dresses to now is 4 months.
    the only way I could speak to someone is on Peridress website through the live chat but you don't get any joy at all I'm still trying to get the dresses after 4 chat line calls they finally admitted they think they have sent them to the wrong address and the wedding is in 3 weeks I have now told them if I don't receive them by next week I'm contacting Trading Standards so please if you or any of your friends are thinking of ordering cheap dresses from this company believe me they are not cheap.
    Oh and 1 more thing you also have a customs charge which I've yet to find out how much avoid them like the plague.
    unique

May 06, 2011

I ordered my wedding gown on March 30, 2011. I guess they just keep asking for more time and pushing the date back, so that 45 days will pass and you cant make a complaint with paypal. Well my 45 days isnt over yet, so I just opened a complaint with Paypal. I was so stressed with Peridress, that I went ahead and ordered another wedding gown from Davids Bridal, so I hope I dont lose my money from Peridress. We are on a strict budget and dont have money to waste. I just wish I would have found these complaints before I placed my order, I really couldve done without this headache.. **anxious in Texas**

May 06, 2011

Hi MzLundytoBe my advice to you is to ask paypal to freeze the money you have paid them before it's to late I on the other hand have lost my money, I spent another hour on the live chat to them this morning which is the only way to get in touch they don't answer any emails at all it's taken them a week on Wednesday to admit they've sent the 5 bridesmaid dresses I paid for to wrong address it beats me how they can send dresses to the wrong name wrong address and wrong country they just tell you one lie after another I've given them until wednesday 11-5-11 and if they don't arrive I want a full refund or will be contacting Trading Standards so good luck with getting your money back as we all know how costly a wedding is
    regards Angela gillis

May 09, 2011

@Mrs. Angela Gillis: I took your advise and contacted paypal. I opened a claim and froze the account. Now I have recieved a phone call from China. I missed the call but Peridress left a message. They want me to close the claim, but assure me that the dress will be completed in two days. I will not close the claim until I either recieved a satisfactory product or my money back. I have until May 26th to escalate the claim with paypal, and the due date for the dress is supposedly May 20, so if I dont recieve my gown by the due date, I will be requesting a full refund. Thank you so much for your sage advice **MzLundyto be**

May 09, 2011

As promised previously, here is the update on my dress saga: received the dress in a box the size of a shoe box, airtightly/vacuum packed (or should I say squeezed?). Didn't dare to take it out at work but waited until I got home. Couldn't
    To sum up the 'verdict' here (and addressing the owner of peridress): it is wearable but of low quality in both materials and production. In addtion, considering that
    a) I will have to invest more money to have it cleaned
    b) I will have to invest more money to have the bust altered as it is way too large (strange, considering that all other measurements seems fine since they are taken by a proper dressmaker with her own dress shop)
    c) that the material of the veil is similar to cardboard, hence I will need to invest in a new veil too (what a cheek to even call this a veil!! Just stop selling this crap and you'd look better for it)
    d) that I had ordered and paid for additional 3 yards extra fabric that never arrived (requested refund but oh surprise..never received a reply to my request, nor the refund)

...considering all the above plus the price already paid for the dress (including the extra fabric never received), I might as well have gone and buy it from any other LOCAL, RELIABLE AND COMPETENT DRESS MAKING FIRM, WITH INTEREST IN BUSINESS IN THE LONG TERM AND UNDERSTANDING THAT IT'S ONLY HAPPY CUSTOMERS WHO WILL EITHER RETURN FOR MORE OR AT LEAST PROMOTE YOUR SKILLS AND BUSINESS TO THE NEXT PERSON.
    Buying cheaper should not equal cheap product/quality/work! Your business attitude, philosophy, service and production is indeed nothing but criminal!!

In any case, your business days are numbered I would think since the UK's OFT (Office of Fair Trading) has recently, in March, signed an agreement with China regarding the monitoring of fair trading and acting on customer complaints. I trust that something similar exists or is in draft for the US.

May 09, 2011

Hi MzLundyto be I'm so pleased you have done it in plenty of time at least you have a chance of getting your money back, I still haven't received the 5 bridesmaid dresses yet I have given them until this wednesday then I've told them I want a full refund you can only talk to them on live chat there is no phone number to call believe me I'ts very frustrating trying to talk to them will keep you informed if they arrive and god knows what state they are in, if they arrive if they were sent out to the wrong address on the 11-4-11 heres hoping take care Angela Gillis

May 11, 2011

Well I'm at the end of my tether I had a phone call on my mobile yesturday from china saying that the 5 bridesmaid dresses that were sent to the wrong name and wrong address in Portugal I'm in England were being sent out yesturday, I've had an email an hour ago saying sorry but we have to get dresses back from TNT in Portugal to china which will take a week then post them out to me in England which will take another 3-4 days and they had the cheek to say is that ok
    What planet are these people from I've told them to contact a manager in charge and that I want the money I've paid back in my paypal account by tomorrow morning.
    Does anyone know if the Trading Standards will be helpful at all because this is making me ill now I don't think I can cope with any more stress from these idiotic rip off merchants, I can't believe how many complaints there are against this company why didn't I research before I bought because they are offering these fantastic dresses at such low prices that's us looking to save money on a wedding I was doing it as a favour to help my sister-inlaw now it's just turned very sour who knows mayb I'll get my money back ha that's a big mayb

May 11, 2011

@Angela Gillis: I don't know how helpful the OFT will be here but at least considering that they signed agreements with China it will be difficult for them to turn you away this easily. Further I think that by showing them this website here and the sheer amount of complaints in such a short time (though I also came across other websites with lots of negative feedback on Peridress), I think it would make a good case at least. I am happy to support your claim (I am in the UK as well), should you choose to go down that route. As I already received my dress (albeit needing alteration and with a crap veil) I can support any claims that one has to literally take them by their throats and threaten them to maybe get a dress eventually, albeit with enormous delay. And I am still waiting for my refund for the extra fabric ordered but not received. I have spoken to Miles on the Peridress Live Chat today and have saved this and all previous transcripts. Let me know if you want to contact the OFT and I am happy to support your claim. Mel

May 11, 2011

Hi Mel thank you for that who are the OFT as I'm not sure I'd like to know how it is advertised as a uk company surely that's not legal, I'm going to see if by a miracle I get a refund tomorrow as she hasn't replied to my email and I know they work until 12pm at night pure slave labour while the bosses are raking in the money I will keep you posted and I will get back to you thank you so much
    Angela

May 11, 2011

OFT = Office of Fair Trading who works together with the local Trading Standards offices and also Consumer Direct. Let us know how you get on, one way or the other. Hope you get your dresses soon.

May 11, 2011

Hi can I just advise anyone who has ordered any dresses fro Peridress and it's within 45 days of paying to now get in touch with paypal and open a dispute bcause I've read so many of these reports and hardly anyone has received their dresses me included so don't delay as I did onece 45 days have passed paypal will not help you this company must be raking in a fortune off all these brides to be and no intentions of sending the dresses

May 12, 2011

Recieved a phone call from Peridress in China last night @10:00p, asked me to close the dispute. I advised them that I would not, and the money would stay frozen. I wanted either my wedding gown in superb condition by the 20th or a full refund. I asked if my gown was completeed and if I would still recieve my gown on May 20th...Oh. now its no because once they recieved the complaint the dress was cancelled and they stopped production..really?? 1)Thats strange since I didnt make the complaint until the dress shouldve been completed. How was I going to recieve it on the 20th if its not done!! 2) The complaint didnt cancel the order it just froze the money.

• Pa
      May 17, 2011
    Peridress.com - I do not trust buying on the internet any more
    Peridress.com
    peridress.com

I ordered a dress in Feb 2011, I was to receive the dress on April 30, 2011 well I am still waiting, I sent 6 e-mails and no response, I was able to dispute the charges but now I have to find Another dress, but I do not trust buying on the internet any more.

•   May 17, 2011

Don't let one bad experience define the internet as a whole. There are plenty of websites to order from where you won't get burned. Do your research next time.

May 19, 2011

Please please don't give into them there is noone able to help as my sister-inlaws wedding is passed no dresses and no refund I have just been on live chat from 8am to 10 this morning and I sat for 30 mins waiting for an answer from an accountant to say where my refund is which was suposed to be paid into my account yesturday this is the only contact with these people they are not just ripping English but Australians Americans so how much money do you think these rip off artists are making I'm finding it very very hard not to swear as there is no way and no one able to help and anyone who has been asked to give them extra time to make their dresses pleaseplease don't believe them as this is what I agreed to and this means by the time you receive or if you are lucky to receive your dresses you can't open a dispute or get your money back from paypal as you will have gone past 45 days then they won't do anything total rip off I hate these people with a vengance as I have spent every day for a month on live chat with no real answers so if by chance you go on live chat do not beleive their ### as that is all they give you these people who take your call are just that a call operater you don't get to speak to any of their employers I don't know what else to do if anyone know how we can get someone to do something then please let us know I've already lost £410 and can't afford to loose anymore so with no dresses and no refund it looks like I've been totally [censored]d excuse me I'm so mad I can't tell you I feel so sorry for any young bride out there who thinks she is getting her dream dress for half the price when infact it actually costs you more it's not worth it your better off spending the extra money and getting what you want from an English Seller not from some sweaty back shop floor you can't even find oh and by the way don't even think about Trading Standards they acn't help i've already tried good luck to all of you who are waiting for dresses from these scam artists but please don't give them extra time to make your dresses as they know exactly what they are doing

May 19, 2011

@ Angela Gillis: Am terribly sorry to hear and am still raging myself as this is what probably happened to many already (who might not have even posted here and just quietly taken the hit) and what could have happened to me too. It's frustrating and outrageous to think that a business seems to be operating on the gamble principle, i.e. that only few actually receive the merchandise at all and out of these only few receive what they actually ordered and by the promised delivery time.
    As I can feel the desperation which nobody, let alone a bride should go through, I have just picked up the phone to the OFT (office of Fair Trading) just making an enquiry as I do think something can or at least should be done. It certainly doesnt help you personally right now but might provide some satisfactory result. After explaining the case briefly I finally mentioned that their (Perimarts or Peridress) actions are to be considered scam, they have pointed me to the governments ActionFraud department. Their number is [protected]. Looking at their website, under Types of fraud I found this one that seems to be applying to your (and other peoples) case, its called Advance Fee Fraud: http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/node/290
    Of course I cannot assure any outcome but it might bring an already longstanding scam issue up that nobody has brought to light yet. Thought it might help somehow and give you the possibility to make the case (and relevant company name) known at least. Mel

May 19, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and because I'm at my lowest now I will try anything to try and stop these so called people from breaking someone elses heart and it is fraud because they don't deliver and there is nothing more frustrating or degrading than sitting on a chat line for 2 hours knowing your just been kept online waisting your time but despite this I will be back on again and again and I shall keep going on the interenet trying every site possible to blacken their name thanks again
    Kindest Regards
    Angela

May 19, 2011

Tired of crying and being upset so i just gave up. I am in the States, and i want to form a formal complaint with the media by sending all of the sites with complaints, and the information about how they have gotten the whole PayPal scheme down to a tee. I am so angry, and I am sick as well, and they knew that before i even put my order in and the creepy Freda and Miles, and Liz characters that I speak to through live chat and email who took advantage of me after I poured my heart out about me being really sick, and how excited I was that I could even get this gown at this price. See here in America, we have the power of media that can make or break a person, and I am so gonna break them just like they have broken all of us. I even spoke to Freda when I went into the ER because I have a pancreatic disease that is caused by my blood attacking it to pieces. I am so afraid of whats to come, and I am so excited that I am even getting married even though I am sick. I could have gotten the gown from the designer, but I had no idea that it would take 8 months for them to make it, so I looked online and found what I thought was the holy grail! Now what the heck are we to do?!? My gown looks like a kindergarten arts and crafts Mother's Day project, and I'm out of a gown. I will have to push my date back because I'm gonna have to wait for the gown that I want now. So ladies, what are we going to do to put a international complaint in full motion? Oh, and they have the nerve to infiltrate sites like Brides.com so that brides will go to them thinking that they've hit the jackpot with buying their dream gown at the best price on the planet, and they have even gone on other complaint sites and put up FAKE positive experiences. Just Google peridress and complaints, and read the entries, and look at the wording, and I even found one site where they copy pasted the same entry on the same site!!! How bold of them, but the buck stops here, because I am so not playing with them, and they are gonna pay. This is the only time that I am ever gonna use the power of my country to take someone down, and hopefully file a class action lawsuit against a company. THEY HAVE STOLEN MILLIONS, probably hundreds of millions from us, oh, and I heard that they have another company doing the same thing too, ha!!!

Dear Ninepiece
    I'm sorry to hear about your story along with everyone else I have told them on live chat that I'm contacting OFT and Trading Standards but it just dosen't seem to worry them the chat line is a complete scam aswel they haven't a clue what you are talking about all the time i've been going on they don't just have one person they talk to there was a 3 way conversation with other clients and he came back to me with someone elses problem and he didn't know if he was coming or going I've contacted trading Standards in England and came against a brick wall as they say the company is not in our country so they couldn't help but pass on a report honest I can't tell you what a bad day I'm having today after spending 2 hours on the phone to some ### sitting taking the piss out of me I've done nothing but cry all day and I'm a very strong person who can deal with most things but I'm so frustrated that my hands are tied and the fact that someone has ripped me off i would have rather given the money away and surely paypal can do something to stop these people I've learned a very hard lesson but it will trake me a long time to get over it good luck in your counrty
    Kind regards

• Mr
      May 21, 2011

I am going to cry, I've ordered a dress from these and after reading everyones stories i am so scared. i can't even ring them on the UK number cause when i do the line is dead. The online chat thing is not working and ive sent five emails now with no reply. I know if i do not receive my dress my mum will go crazy with them and she will tell them what she thinks. This is absolutely crazy what people have had to put up with, I just hope my dress does come cause if not they will defiantly have a battle on there hands.:-(

May 22, 2011

@ Ms Appleby to be, and all others who have just ordered fairly recently: the only advice is to try and contact them via the chat option (I usually find it available early mornings UK time on the peridress.co.uk site) or by email. Phone never worked anyway. And then wait exactly 30 days, check back with them saying that if you do not receive your dress within the next 5 working days you will stop the funds ( I read from someones post here that they did it) or use the refund/dispute option on Paypal. This you actually have to do then as Paypal only offers a dispute period of 45 days from day of payment. It might not help you in case you have not received your dress by then but at least you are likely to get your money back.
    And to everybody who reads all this before ordering...well, just don't go there! DO NOT ORDER FROM PERIDRESS OR PERIMART!!! The time of preparations as a bride should be one of the most exciting (even if sometimes stressful but for other, good reasons) and not be remembered as the worst time ever.

Hi Mrs Appleby
    Did they ask you for extra time to make the dress if so they did the same to me and they know exactly what they are doing as they know if your dress is not ready and you go over the 45 days with ebay please take my advice like I've told everyone else on this site don't wait because not only have I no dresses but no refund either they have said they would pay the refund I gave them 3 business days which in my eyes is more than enough it is now 8 days and no money has materialised and I received an email from the so called head live chat operater Lily saying you have been sent the refund but I told her I'm sick to death of her lies they must have sent it to the wrong name and wrong address and wrong country like they did with the dresses if you read my blogs on here you will be up to date with my story along with so many ladies out ther who have been totally ripped off MzLundy to be took my advice and got paypal to freeze the money she received a phone call asking her to un freeze her money low and be hold they told her her dress would not be made when in fact it should have been finished and on it's way I'm sorry to depress you but I got so down last week I did nothing but cry on Thursday my husband said enough is enough forget about it, it's making you ill and it is so although you might want to wait thats fine but do not go over 45 days with paypal or you won't have any chance of freezing your money I hope for your sake you are one of the lucky ones and get what you paid for we all want to save money but in the long run we aren't.
    I can't really put into words how much hate I have for these people and I'm not talking about the live chat operator although they are filling you full of hope which they know are lies I'm talking about the boss and excuse my french when I say who is sat on his fat ### getting rich off all these inocent ladies and does not give a ### and it is not just England it's America and Australia, what I can't understand is how our Trading Standards can't stop them or hoe they allow them to tade as a English company which so many of us are fooled by and don't know this until after we pay so all I can say is keep your fingers crossed and keep 45 days in your mind look at the date they have given you for delivery and work out if it goes over 45 days my kind Regards go to you please pass this onto anyone who is thinking of ordering off these B------ds
    Best Wishes

• Mr
      May 22, 2011

how do u get onto live chat on peri dress someone please help me

May 23, 2011

Im in texas..so I wait until @3am, which I guess is daytime hrs in china.which.is atotal waste of time because u get generic answers..all they tell you is everything is fine and you will recieve your gown by the due date..